Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who will lead 2016 Redskins in TDs? (Non-QB player)

Renegade7

Which 2016 Redskins player (Non-QB) will lead the team in Total Touchdowns Scored  

92 members have voted

1. 1. 2016 Redskins player (Non-QB) with most TDs scored?

• Jordan Reed
    • DeSean Jackson
    • Pierre Garçon
    • Josh Doctson
    • Matt Jones
    • Jamison Crowder
    • Niles Paul
    • Keith Marshall
    • Defense as a whole will score more TDs then any single Non-QB player
    • Other

I don't know about ya'll, but I'm ready to start getting my hopes up.  I'm not looking for a record prediction (leave that for another thread by anybody else, just not this one), that's not what this about.

Think about it:  Kirk is good.  He has weapons. 

Some of our players may score touchdowns because other players are scoring too many touchdowns so they get open and they score touchdowns, too.  I reserve the right to be optimistic here, like DC looking at the money and letting them move back. 

My choice?:

Jordan Reed. 

The same guy many of you laughed at me at for suggesting using him like a WR in a poll I made last year.  Don't think I forgot about that : )

This is a public poll, btw.  Stay classy. 

Don't make the mistake I made at first feeling those DJax bombs were going to equal up to the number of times we get in the redzone and Reed is arguably the most likely to be able to get open.  You can pick a defensive player if you want, and I dare somebody to say Pierre Thomas.

You cannot pick QB.  Don't say Kirk Cousins, that's cheating.

Reed is the obvious choice and that's why I did not take him! I think Ds will be keying on him and he will become more of a decoy, especially as the season goes on. He will get his, I just don't think it will be the most.

I went out on a limb and said Crowder. I think with all the attention to the higher profile players, he is going to benefit the most. With another season in the system he will flourish.

IMO, it has to be Reed.  He's practically uncoverable inside the 10, can hit seems, posts, corners and screens inside the 20.

Jacksons main scoring will come outside the 40, any long pass that does not result in a TD will be Reed's for the taking.  If healthy, there is no reason why Reed can not scored double digit TD's year after year.

Reed is the obvious choice and that's why I did not take him! I think Ds will be keying on him and he will become more of a decoy, especially as the season goes on. He will get his, I just don't think it will be the most.

I don't know about that. If you look at several of Reed's TDs last season, he was being keyed on by defenses already, as he usually had two guys draped on him as he went into the endzone. :)

He's that good.

I think the thing that might decrease his TD take is maybe Vernon Davis. When the Redskins get close to the endzone, I can see Davis vulturing a couple of TDs from Reed. Maybe even Docston, if he gets up to speed fast enough. 

I think Cousins main target will still be Reed, though.

I don't know about that. If you look at several of Reed's TDs last season, he was being keyed on by defenses already, as he usually had two guys draped on him as he went into the endzone. :)

He's that good.

I think the thing that might decrease his TD take is maybe Vernon Davis. When the Redskins get close to the endzone, I can see Davis vulturing a couple of TDs from Reed. Maybe even Docston, if he gets up to speed fast enough. 

I think Cousins main target will still be Reed, though.

I wasn't slamming Reed or doubting his abilities. But there are more options this year and Ds with an entire offseason will be looking to take Reed away when we et close to the EZ. If they commit to that and make someone else beat them, I think it's Crowder who could emerge. I was just looking at who else past the obvious choice of Reed might flourish. I think I even stated Reed was the obvious choice.

Doctson is another good choice as his early packages will likely be near the EZ since we really don't have anyone else with his size and agility.

Again, just trying to do a little outside the box thinking. No disrespect to Reed intended. If anything, it's the total opposite. Ds know they can't let Reed beat them and could likely sell out to stop him. If they do, they will pay since we now have other legitimate weapons.

I went out on a limb and said Crowder. I think with all the attention to the higher profile players, he is going to benefit the most. With another season in the system he will flourish.

That wouldn't shock me at all.  Again, one of the big things was separating the potential yard production from the likelihood of scoring TDs.  He'd also be my lead candidate in the event of injuries in the WR/TE core.

Pleasantly surprised to see Matt Jones getting love.  From a production standpoint, he stands the most to benefit from all the spacing created by the potential of the passing game. 

I see a lot of people talking about RZ options.  While I chose Reed for obvious reasons I couldnt help but think about the potential packages we might throw at defences in the redzone.  In particular I would love to see Niles, Reed and Davis paired with Garcon/Doctson.  This would really scare teams and keep the run threat.  So basically a 3TE set with 1 WR and a RB

I can totally see the argument for Jones.  I find it ironic the comments on him staying healthy with respect to the same thing being said about Reed.  If we really do try to stay committed to the run game, especially in the redzone, instead of getting cute, he should definitely get his.

I'm with others not being sure if they're even going to ask him to be the primary workhorse back versus just being on top of the depth chart (or if he's ready for that yet).  Sticking with Crowder as my backup, because even in the event of an injury bug, I can see him used in more ways then you could with Doctson (not to mention the whole "welcome to the NFL" he's going to run into).

I hear ya on that thought, but the thing with Reed is that even when defenses ARE game-planning to stop him, they simply can't. He is that much of a mis-match for opposing defenses and Cousins, McVay and Gruden KNOW this. #feedthereed

I hear ya on that thought, but the thing with Reed is that even when defenses ARE game-planning to stop him, they simply can't. He is that much of a mis-match for opposing defenses and Cousins, McVay and Gruden KNOW this. #feedthereed

I don't disagree. People need to understand this is no slam on Reed or his abilities. I was just trying not to take the obvious - which I believe was my first statement :-) 

Still, if a team wants to sell out to stop someone and they sell out to do so, they can do it. But it will open at least one and in this case probably more options. It's up to the team to make them pay. I think we have enough weapons to make them pay. If that happens I think Crowder is most likely the one to be overlooked by the other teams and could have a really good year.

Reed got my vote.  

But there is something else going on here.  

This is really a debate about how we are going to score in the redzone, not whether we score in the redzone.

Strange times, and it feels good.  Really good..  

Archived