Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles move up to no. 2 pick

Warhead36

What does Philly's resident rabid fan think?

WARNING: ALL THE LANGUAGE.

Seriously, all the language, it's eatdat****445, you know he's going to fire off four letter words like a Browning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR9wpOjzp2U

However, if you are not offended by language and like over the top reactions, this video is so very much for you.

I can't believe this dude literally started crying.

But yeah, I haven't seen a single Eagles fan online who is down with this move. It's really hilarious because I was seeing threads from them earlier this week about "Thank God it was the Rams trading up and not us". They thought they were safe.

I can't believe this dude literally started crying.

But yeah, I haven't seen a single Eagles fan online who is down with this move. It's really hilarious because I was seeing threads from them earlier this week about "Thank God it was the Rams trading up and not us". They thought they were safe.

Yep

censored_smiley_poster-r070d71f275214a4d

tumblr_o3dlcc3ArO1r9a32bo1_400.gif

Essentially the Eagles traded:

#13 Overall
Byron Maxwell
Kiko Alonso
1st in 2017
2nd in 2018

For 

4th in 2017

Looks legit. <_< 

So another #1 and #2 QB draft. Hopefully we don't pick Tim Couch.  

It should be noted that the 1999 draft landed us nobody of note outside of McNabb. Maybe Dougie figured he'd save us all the speculation and just throw them out anyway. 

I don't see any reports saying they are definitely picking a QB. It is assumed that they are for going up that high. We are talking about the Iggles here you know. They could go for one of the Elliot's (most likely a CB). 

Howie Rose Roseman was interviewed yesterday about the trade and specifically said they are talking a QB. Even if he didn't no one trades the bundle of picks the Eagles gave up for anything other than someone they believe can be a franchise QB

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2016/4/21/11477236/nfl-draft-2016-howie-roseman-eagles-trade-browns-quarterback-philadelphia-second-pick

Just have to wait and see.  If the Birds get a long term franchise QB, the trade will be worth it over the long term.

That is a big if, and add in that the Rams get crack on what they believe is the best QB in the draft.  If this was 1983, I would give them good odds, but it is not.

The only initial good news is that the Birds only gave up a 2nd in 2018 and not a 1st.

Soooo...apparently Bradford might request to be traded. What happens then? Chase Daniels starting while wentz/Goff learn the ropes?

It's not like any team in the NFCE is competing for the SB this year anyway, so I'm interested to see how it shakes out.  If they somehow could trade Bradford to the Niners it would make me a little more happy about the situation lol.

It's not like any team in the NFCE is competing for the SB this year anyway, so I'm interested to see how it shakes out.  If they somehow could trade Bradford to the Niners it would make me a little more happy about the situation lol.

Just because your team sucks doesn't mean other NFCE teams aren't trying to compete for a Super Bowl.

Bradford's wants out.

Eagles have been informed Sam Bradford wants to be traded and he will not be showing up for their off-season program any longer, per source.

The good news for Philly is that your starting QB should now be easier to select.

The bad news is that there's one less chance for a successful QB to emerge.  If it ain't Wentz (or Daniel), then there's no third bite of the apple.

Bradford's wants out.

I can understand Bradford's frustration at the recent stupidity (events) of the Eagles, but honestly, where does he think he's going?  For all intents and purposes, he has been pretty close to a bust in the NFL.  He was traded for Foles last offseason.  Nick Freakin' Foles. He had more bad games than good last season in what was supposed to be a very QB friendly offense.  Still, he did survive all 16 games for once, but he still has proven nothing in the league.  Now, he's demanding a trade because his feelings got hurt?  I guess he is hoping that the Chipper will try to pick him up via trade, which he is dumb enough to do.  But, him acting like he is some pedigreed QB in the league is just a stupid as trading all of those picks was.

assuming bradford got his wish, where would he go? Denver? Maybe San Fran to give it another shot with chip if he pulls the plug on kaep?

I guess it's not crazy to think he won't really get a chance to win the spot based on performance over a #2 overall pick, but he had to know he was at best a stopgap with only a 2 year contract. Who else will be willing to pay him as much as the Eagles are?

I'm actually a little confused why so many people on ESPN seem to be so literally appalled that Bradford wants out.  Like it just seems off like ESPN has some issue with it.  

I would think that Bradford should be ****ing praised for wanting to get out of there and not caring about his cushy contract, he's a player who age wise is in his prime and has a 100% certainty to be playing second fiddle to a QB coming in this year.  I'm sure he's going to be willing to take at least a small paycut to make a trade work.    

I know Bradford sucks but I don't see how it's so despicable that a guy who clearly is part of a new regime wants out because it's so obviously apparent he's not a part of the long term plans.  He's essentially doing them a favor since they'd get at least a mid round pick or player and it's probably what the Eagles expected after the trade anyway.  I just think the whole judgement of the player's ability is being taken too far in relation to the fact of the matter that he's still a "fringe->mediocre with potential" starting QB in the league.  Being a low level starter is still a valuable asset in the league considering how poor QB play is overall right now.

I think Wentz would really benifit essentially from a redshirt season but if Bradford wants out - i dont see anyone stepping up for him the eagles may well just need to cut him - Not before of course spreading rumours about gang ties and err poor tipping habits ? 

So Bradford wants out, Fecals are paying $18 million (2-years) for him and $16 million (4 years) for Chase Daniels.

Eagles mortgage the future to draft a lousy QB second overall. 

Doug Pederson accused of sexual infidelity 

...Howie Roseman

tumblr_inline_myt5aaNpJX1qmi1x8.gif

I keep getting slammed in the Stadium thread about the draft day trades.  I'm of the opinion that the lopsided trades of giving up a bunch of picks/players for a single pick/player is always a bad idea.  It just about never works out.  The Eagles are not one player away from winning it all; especially from this draft class.  They gave up wayyyyy too many assets to move up to #2.

It's not what they gave up that's going to hurt them. Net net they really didn't give up much.They'll still have 7 picks this year, 1 pick next year, and 1 pick the year after. What's going to hurt them in the short term is taking a quarterback that won't play and contribute right away. It's going to take a couple years at least for these guys to get acclimated.

They could have been a lot stronger in the short term improving the team building around Bradford, and this was a strong draft in positions of need for the Eagles.

Archived