Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Architect unveils glitzy design for Redskins stadium complex

TK

Quick search found:

"Ten of the most optimistic new football (soccer) stadium designs: in pictures"

Just food for thought...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/picturegalleries/10507981/Ten-of-the-most-optimistic-new-football-stadium-designs-in-pictures.html

EDIT: We would need to rename this forum from "The Stadium" to "The Fruit Bowl" if Danny builds that. ;)

Number 4 on this list is how I envisioned the stadium to look, but w/ an even more modern feel to it. But basically this.

It's built out to much similar to the Michigan Big House. The top level looks a mile away whereas Fedex is at least built tall/up so even at the top level you feel you aren't far from the action. This looks flat and far away to sit in the upper sideline areas.

Also needs some type of roof enclosure. This will be so quiet you can hear a pin drop

This is an initial rendering. Goddamn you guys get pissy over everything

And I'm so over the "keep the noise in crowd". If we keep winning, the crowd will be loud as hell regardless

That gimmick **** is so dumb. There are European soccer stadiums that are loud as **** every week without any corny ass noise keeper inner thingie

That gimmick **** is so dumb. There are European soccer stadiums that are loud as **** every week without any corny ass noise keeper inner thingie

True but they have that vuvuzela thingie...... B)

I do think the final product will not look exactly like this mock up.

I do like there not being a lot of seats in the upper deck end zones, but seems like there are still too many rows in the upper deck along the sidelines, particularly at the top. But maybe the height will be mitigated if there aren't the specific suite and club levels at this place.

So I looked at it again a bit later, and I really like the seating layout based off that pic.

It seems the "second level" are endzone seats and the "third level" are sidelines between the endzone lines.

Based off that... as you mentioned, there are no "rings"... so those who want sideline seats will need to sit somewhere... hence the deep sideline section there.  So there is no "club level sidelines" like there is now... the club and 400 levels will mesh into one.

I really like the seating layout, it seems much more intimate, but I just don't think (based off the color scheme in the model, or lack thereof, that it's pleasing to look at).

I am really curious about what ticket prices would be.

I am really curious about what ticket prices would be.

Probably reasonable ticket prices after you pay the PSL.  The "average" price in Dallas was close to $30,000 per seat.  Of course upper nosebleeds were probably $1,500-$5000 per seat...if I had to guess.

I do wonder if they sell the naming to FedEx if they wrap that nacho bowl in FedEx colors and put B&G colored seats in the place.

I thought the design would be more of a year round use concept than just an IKEA modern design.  Pretty much a fail if you ask me.

Archived