Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Architect unveils glitzy design for Redskins stadium complex

TK

I don't hate it... because I doubt ultimately it ends up "clear" like that.

The seating design is a mix of Tampa's "old sombrero and RFK".

32b1eeea654fd246c484530702f6f69d.jpg

RFK_Stadium_aerial_photo,_looking_toward

I'd like to see the roof spill over the seats a bit.

There's a lot you can do with that, but it absolutely can't be clear....

Where will the obstructed view seats go? :lol:

They didn't tell you, season tickets will be sold where you can get in the kayak and ride around the stadium hoping to catch the ball in the air on a punt or hear the crowd roar from a TD.

Maybe cousins will start chucking the balls into the moat after TDs so we people can fight over it like SF Giants fans used to do with Bonds' HRs in McCovey Cove

I like that it appears that there are possibly open concourses between the upper and lower levels along the sidelines and in the end zones. Wonder where the club levels are going to be situated at.......they aren't really discernible in the picture, unless they are planning on making the sections closest to midfield in the lower level the "club" sections.

I do like there not being a lot of seats in the upper deck end zones, but seems like there are still too many rows in the upper deck along the sidelines, particularly at the top. But maybe the height will be mitigated if there aren't the specific suite and club levels at this place.

It'll be interesting to see if/when any numbers are placed against this, such as total capacity and how many seats are in the respective levels (upper versus lower, etc). But as others have said, this likely is just an initial cut and most certainly will be altered.

Moat wont fly. It will be full of trash and stagnant water. Think about the smell. Also potential hazard which will impact insurance premiums. Could require a fence, depending on jurisdiction. Not to mention the bridges will impede access and exit.

It's still so incomplete. There isn't a Jumbotron/video board anywhere in that design which is going to alter the endzone seats already from what is shown here

The boards are there on top of the endzones. It looks like they are free standing. I wonder if the other fields in the upper right hand corner are part of the overall design as well?

Moat wont fly. It will be full of trash and stagnant water. Think about the smell. Also potential hazard which will impact insurance premiums. Could require a fence, depending on jurisdiction. Not to mention the bridges will impede access and exit.

That moat would require a fence 100% there is no way fights wouldn't break out from drunken fools tossing people into the moat.

it looks like a pretentious bathroom.

But, it'll probably look a lot better after a few outdated $15 Budweisers

And hell, fact is, anything looks better than that thing they have now.

Over / Under on drunks fished out of the moat per game - 11.

~Bang

Quick search found:

"Ten of the most optimistic new football (soccer) stadium designs: in pictures"

Just food for thought...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/picturegalleries/10507981/Ten-of-the-most-optimistic-new-football-stadium-designs-in-pictures.html

EDIT: We would need to rename this forum from "The Stadium" to "The Fruit Bowl" if Danny builds that. ;)

Projected new Redskins stadium looks expensive. Very futuristic. Wonder if too fancy for a sports venue. Tix will be a fortune.

But overall, stadium design is impressive.

That stadium design also males me think it will be in DC. It fits into an urban setting.

Archived