Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Potential Landing Spots For RG3

Gizmo 3squire

I've always loved the stories where someone gets the opportunity to prove they can do what everyone else said they couldn't.

Best wishes to him, he's going to need them.

Hue Jacksons a good man to have if you want to improve as a QB.

But still, I am afraid the undead, tormented souls of Cleveland will rise up and drag him down to the underworld

Is it a definite that he'll be starting though? I mean, the Browns could end up drafting one of the rookie QBs to compete for the starting job

Doubtful. Unless he's insane (debatable given this) he wouldn't have signed unless he had a guaranteed job as starter.

Otherwise he could've signed anywhere

Them and the Cowboys are the only two teams that would already make me question his eventual output based on the early decision making, essentially because both are the most pressure filled options, but for different reasons.  Cowboys was team rival/Dallas spotlight, Browns are perpetual ineptitude/his insistence to start so his proving it starts day 1.   

I'm sure being a heisman winner also makes long term planning involving being a backup for years not appealing since there is always the dichotomy of being the "best player in college" vs. riding the bench in the NFL. 

The deck is stacked against him here, but I guess if this fails then he can continue his life with multiple opportunities regardless since he will have plenty after the NFL.  Maybe he preferred the do-or-die option. 

Something we never heard about last year:  If RG3 was the scout team QB (and I think he was), he would have played against the Redskins first team defense in practice for the entire year.  I think that means he knows more about our defense than any QB in the league.    

Something we never heard about last year: If RG3 was the scout team QB (and I think he was), he would have played against the Redskins first team defense in practice for the entire year. I think that means he knows more about our defense than any QB in the league.

We'll see how much he knows on 3rd and 9, with Smith, Kerrigan, and Galette beating down on him.

Hold the ball at your own peril

Damn...I didn't realize the Browns lost so much talent this offseason. Yeah thats a wrap for him but then again, there wasn't a lot of interest so his hands were tied. He'll probably make way for the rookie by week 8...

But if he starts against us, there is NO DOUBT in my mind that he will beat us. That would be the most #soredskins moment ever so it has to happen 

The Browns game just turned into the highest pressure game for Gruden and Cousins. Not the biggest or most important, but the most pressure filled game.

But if he starts against us, there is NO DOUBT in my mind that he will beat us. That would be the most #soredskins moment ever so it has to happen

I agree. It's like just meant to be the redemption story...

He never did that in 2012...you are sweating this way to much. He will pkay us, he will get beat. It's as simple as that. It's ****ing Cleveland.

He came pretty darn close though. 8 TDs in 4 whole days-4 against Philly and 4 against Dallas. Do I think he WILL do that though? No. Of course not. I'm not stupid, I know he was horrible his last 3 years with us. I was more joking than being serious (basically saying it would be the most redskins thing to have happen to us-losing badly against an ex redskins QB).

Contract update is noted at bottom.

Just for fun, I hope there is something like a $2 million incentive to beat the Skins.  Of course, I will still root for the skins, maybe wearing my RG3 jersey (Redskins).  

It would be fun.  RG3 playing for $2 million.  Cousins getting on average $52,000 per completion, with $660,000 per TD, with his one year deal.  

All we would need to complete the trifecta is Johnny Manziel in the booth with Cooley.   

Quote from the Browns:

“We are excited to add Robert to our team,” said Browns Executive Vice President of Football Operations Sashi Brown. “Robert possesses a unique skill set at the quarterback position. He has played at a high level in this league and is intent on doing everything in his power to return to that level on a consistent basis. After meeting with him, having him work out for us and doing our diligent research, we felt it was right to grant him an opportunity with our organization. We were able to see and feel his passion and commitment to re-establishing himself as a starting quarterback in this league and his embrace of the hard work that will be is essential to his development. We've been clear on the importance of improving and stabilizing the quarterback position for our franchise. We have said that the draft is and will be our primary focus, but we will always look to complement the draft through free agency, and this is one of those examples. We look forward to working with Robert and getting him in the building with his teammates at the start of the offseason program on April 4.”

Update on his contract, from cleveland.com:

They signed Griffin to a two-year deal worth $15 million, including a $3.5 million signing bonus and $6.75 million in guarantees. The maximum value, including incentives, is $22 million. The $7.5 million average is "bridge'' quarterback money and won't preclude the Browns from drafting a quarterback high.

Archived