Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Potential Landing Spots For RG3

Gizmo 3squire

I saw a tweet that indicated the Browns were still likely to take a QB at #2 overall. If that happens, RG3 goes from the worst situation in the league to the worst imaginable situation for him.

If they plan on drafting a QB and want him to sit for a season or two, it could actually be a good situation for Griffin. A 2-year contract heavy with incentives screams "temp/bridge QB", and Griffin gets 2 seasons to prove himself and hit the free agency market again when he's only 28 years old. He just has to play well enough...

If they plan on drafting a QB and want him to sit for a season or two, it could actually be a good situation for Griffin. A 2-year contract heavy with incentives screams "temp/bridge QB", and Griffin gets 2 seasons to prove himself and hit the free agency market again when he's only 28 years old. He just has to play well enough...

My take is that as soon as Griffin struggles, fans get restless. Media gets restless. It trickles into the locker room and teammates get restless. The pressure to start Wentz or whoever would continue to mount with every loss. And Griffin is right back in that same spot that he was with Cousins behind him, which he was notoriously uncomfortable with.

My take is that as soon as Griffin struggles, fans get restless. Media gets restless. It trickles into the locker room and teammates get restless. The pressure to start Wentz or whoever would continue to mount with every loss. And Griffin is right back in that same spot that he was with Cousins behind him, which he was notoriously uncomfortable with.

That fan base may be so used to absolute crap week after week, year after year, that they may keep their pitchforks and torches in the basement a bit longer than most other fan bases, though lol...

That fan base may be so used to absolute crap week after week, year after year, that they may keep their pitchforks and torches in the basement a bit longer than most other fan bases, though lol...

I remember debating the RGIII trade after it happened on their board with Hitman21ST and Clyburn.

The prevailing reaction was "Meh, whatever, hope for the best, we'll roll with Weeden and see what happens. Whats the worst that can happen other than we suck another year?"

So sad

Something we never heard about last year:  If RG3 was the scout team QB (and I think he was), he would have played against the Redskins first team defense in practice for the entire year.  I think that means he knows more about our defense than any QB in the league.    

He'd have to be able to read and decipher Defenses first... even one as bad as ours.

Never mind six games a year against Pittsburgh, Cincinnati and Baltimore.

Nick

Burgold said this in the twitter thread:

Griffin gave himself a tough assignment. Succeeding in Cleveland behind that line will be a challenge. Griffin, despite his mobility, more than other QBs needs a really good line that can buy him an extra second or two. I wish him well, but the weaknesses of Cleveland will be hard to overcome especially for a QB that has a lot of learning and growing to do plus already has nervousness/confidence issues when it comes down to protection issues.

I felt compelled to reply. And do so here.  Where all Griffin talk should go.

I will just comment thusly, : Griffin, IF he has his athletic ability and burst back the way it was, can make even the most average players, OL and otherwise, look pretty spectacular.  

Look at the difference between 2012 and 2013.  It was essentially exactly the same team.  One year they were an offensive juggernaut, next year they won't. 

Griffin has proven, in the right situation, if he's the same physically, he CAN elevate mediocre players around him.  

The questions are:
1. Is he the same physically (burst more than top-end speed)
2. Is he willing to play the same style of offense? Which won't be AS effective, because defenses have caught up a little.  But see Carolina, it can still work pretty well.
3. Can Hugh coach it up as well Kyle and Mike?  

Burgold said this in the twitter thread:

The questions are:
1. Is he the same physically (burst more than top-end speed)
2. Is he willing to play the same style of offense? Which won't be AS effective, because defenses have caught up a little.  But see Carolina, it can still work pretty well.
3. Can Hugh coach it up as well Kyle and Mike?  

I think 4. is equally or more important.

4. Can he get his head right?

Call it shell shock, call it  arrogance, call it deer in the headlights, but Griffin's brain stopped working correctly. He became paralyzed on the field. He became incapable of even handing off the ball sometimes. The first thing that Robert has to fix is his head... be that in terms of confidence, understanding of the play and principles behind them, or simple self-preservation.

There are a lot of things that could have helped Griffin here, but by the end he was broken and incapable of being a good QB and I place that about 75% on Robert himself. In the end, if the line blocked, if he had a defense capable of holding a lead, if the playcalling was tailored to his strengths... if all that happened... Griffin still could not have succeeded in 2014. He was mentally broken. He was also physically broken, but the player I saw with amazing accuracy, who did go to his second or third read in his rookie year, who knew how to move in the pocket and get away from the rush... all that was gone in the end. He wasn't a shadow of himself... he was a shattered vessel of himself.

That's what he has to fix or what his coaches and team mates have to fix in Cleveland. I really don't think it could have happened here. I wish him well because he tried awfully hard and took a ton of punishment and pushed himself to play through injury or come back from injury way too soon too often.

The riddle of Robert is the riddle of Humpty Dumpty. Can you put a shattered egg back together. If you can... Happy Easter! If you can't, all you have is a sulfuric yolk.

It means he's trying to make the best of his situation, and probably save a little face as well.

Yea I wouldn't take that too seriously either. But I can see how that can be taken out of context.lol

Lowkey glad we don't have to deal with this anymore.lol Cousins is pretty good in interacting with the media.

No more huge distractions, etc. Only issue is that now i'm 90% most certain DC media will bring up the name issue again because it's an election year, and especially now that RG3 is gone.

Yea I wouldn't take that too seriously either. But I can see how that can be taken out of context.lol

Lowkey glad we don't have to deal with this anymore.lol Cousins is pretty good in interacting with the media.

No more huge distractions, etc. Only issue is that now i'm most 90% certain DC media will bring up the name issue again because it's an election year, and especially now that RG3 is gone.

Here's the quote:

On if he believed he potentially could be drafted by the Browns in 2012:

“Yeah, I did. I was just working out in Scottsdale, Arizona. Talking with my agent, we definitely thought that Cleveland was going to be where I ended up just because of the way it looked like everything was lining up. We were ready then, and we are more than ready now.”

Here's the quote:

“Yeah, I did. I was just working out in Scottsdale, Arizona. Talking with my agent, we definitely thought that Cleveland was going to be where I ended up just because of the way it looked like everything was lining up. We were ready then, and we are more than ready now.”

Thanks. Unfortunately this quote isn't juicy enough, so it won't be published by the mainstream folks. 

We'll just settle for the 140 charter limit

Thanks. Unfortunately this quote isn't juicy enough, so it won't be published by the mainstream folks. 

We'll just settle for the 140 charter limit

Lol GOOD. They need to focus on other important matters anyway.

But the quote is not even bad at all, it's realistic in all honesty. CLE had the No.4 overall pick.

In a conference call Rob said he was "ready to be a brown in 2012" 

What does that mean? Are we at the beginning of a long season of passive aggressiveness from the Griffin camp? 

It means he's trying to make the best of his situation, and probably save a little face as well.

Here's the quote:

Here, in a nutshell, is how Robert Griffin III got ****ed over in Washington, DC.  Take a snippet of a quote, bend it to the worst possible interpretation, and run with it.  When the full quote comes out, in all its innocuous context, it's too late...another brick in the "Griffin is bad news" wall has been laid.  Rinse repeat.  It saddens me how crappy he got treated in this town.

Best of luck in Cleveland.  I guarantee he'll be treated better there than he was here.

Archived