Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Potential Landing Spots For RG3

Gizmo 3squire

Well it's now a race between Johnny Football and Bobby Knees.

Damn..He couldn't have been THAT bad...could he??

not only was he that bad, he made everyone around them look bad, then threw them under the bus, got a coach fired after refusing to run his offense and even had his dad come in to do it.

Yeah for offseason slogans. If a team needs bumper stickers made, they'll call him, but as far as a QB, he might be competing with Tebow for a spot.

Heard he had a good visit with the Jets over 2 days.

I have 3 thoughts on that:

1. If there was one city I would avoid like the plague if I was Griffin, it would be NY  If he thought the media was intense here, we got nothing on NY.

2. This could be posturing by the Jets to put pressure on Fitz.  Though IF they actually think they can make do without Fitz, and roll with Griffin and whatshisnugget who they drafted a few years ago, then the big winner could be Denver, who might be able to get Fitz at a reduced rate.

3. If Fitz signs in NY, and Griffin does not, then it might be a really long time before Griffin lands somewhere.  

A more shocking fall from grace I have not seen recently.  Especially because I honestly think the guy is a hard worker and a good guy. Most of the other guys who have a lot of success then disappear quickly tend to be either lazy or just not really good people..

All those draft picks for a guy no one seems to want 4 years later.

2012 was great but this is looking like a huge failure. It was bad enough we were done with him after 3 years. But this... no one seems to want him.

Maybe he's just asking too much money...

He's not asking for too much money

The other coaches and GMs don't know some secret

It isn't because jay ruined his reputation

He can't play QB and he can't stay healthy.

He is a hard worker but he was never taught the right way and when he was taught the right way, it was just something that he couldn't pick up. That's not a knock on him. We all have things that come easy to us and things that are not so natural. The mechanics of playing NFL QB come easy to maybe 0.5% of the population and he's not one of them. He can spend 5 years learning how to be a pocket passer and he'll be as good as most of these guys were when they were 19 and when that 5 years is over, his body will be destroyed.

A more shocking fall from grace I have not seen recently.  Especially because I honestly think the guy is a hard worker and a good guy. Most of the other guys who have a lot of success then disappear quickly tend to be either lazy or just not really good people..

He is a hard worker and a good guy.

He just can't read defenses, or sense pressure in the pocket very well.

Heard he had a good visit with the Jets over 2 days.

I have 3 thoughts on that:

1. If there was one city I would avoid like the plague if I was Griffin, it would be NY  If he thought the media was intense here, we got nothing on NY.

I was thinking this exact thing when I first heard it. 

Hope he lands somewhere, get fixed and have an awesome career.  Robert had some great games here and provided the fans with some genuine excitement.  However, it's time to turn the page without all of the negativity from some members of the Redskins fan base.

This is Kirk's team now and we shall see how he continues to improve.

Hail Em Up!

You called that it might go that way awhile ago, but some just called you silly.  Hmmm!

I am silly, just not about football...

My hunch on this comes in part from having watched me some CFL in my day. Their game is a bit more "open" for lack of a better word, and I think RG3 plays better when there is more space.

That said, the Tweet looked like a fan's inquiry.

I think there must be a bidding war going on is the reason he hasn't signed with anybody yet. It's probably being negotiated up in the $40 million per year range by now. That is, to me, the only explanation because we know that there are teams interested. Chip Kelly was literally salivating at the idea of signing Robert when it looked like he would be available. That must be true or else I wouldn't have seen it posted on here about 5 billion times.

I think there must be a bidding war going on is the reason he hasn't signed with anybody yet. It's probably being negotiated up in the $40 million per year range by now. That is, to me, the only explanation because we know that there are teams interested. Chip Kelly was literally salivating at the idea of signing Robert when it looked like he would be available. That must be true or else I wouldn't have seen it posted on here about 5 billion times.

d3113e55aad248069a64a09350239b8cb29fff0a

I'm not surprised at all he hasn't signed yet. He was a bottom 3 starting QB the last two years who is injury prone and might have issues getting along with coaches/teammates.

If his serving of humble pie wasn't enough by his benching last year, the fact nobody wants him has got to be a humble pie in the face.

Archived