Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Game Day Thread - #Redskins vs Packers (FINAL)

JimmiJo

Packers fans using the KC chant against us.

That was a given whenever we'd lose in the playoffs.  Even Kirk said so in an interview.  It is what it is.  I am unhappy about the loss but I truly do think its likely a blessing in disguise.  Even Rodgers himself talked about his learning experience from losing in the playoffs the first time he made it. 

Scot has made it clear he wants big boys, and games are won on the O line/D line.   Better to expose what needs to be fixed IMO and the players remember the sour taste in their mouth.  Cooley is going on in his broadcast about how this is a lost opportunity for them in a winnable game -- I gather justifying his the Redskins will rout GB prediction.  But I don't agree.  Redskins being manhandled IMO versus underachieving.  

Pretty unfair considering the team Gruden got to the playoffs. He overacheived, Lewis has underachieved.

Indeed.  And despite losing for a while now, no one lost control.  That's a +1 over Lewis, who was some player discipline away from being in the divisional round.

Well nobody thought we were going to the Super Bowl but this was really bad.  The Defense was AWFUL today and it is actually worse than it appears.  This was a team that gave up 13 sacks in the last 2 games, 8 in the last game.  You have the back up center playing left tackle for gods sake and we get one sack and essentially no pressure.  And of by the way, that was while our line gave up 5.  You give up scores in 5 straight drives.  There are no big name receivers or running backs on this GB team.  Heck they are using a wide receiver running out of the backfield.  You have a wide receiver who you are paying millions of dollars to and your offensive coordinator and guru offensive minded head coach can't come up with ideas on how to get him the ball and make him a factor in the first playoff game you have been involved with in 3 years.  And lets face this also.  You just are not going to be a formidable force in the playoffs if your offensive team up front cannot score a rushing TD in three tries from the 1/2 yard line.  That was absolutely pathetic.  I just had the sick feeling in my stomach that when they squandered all those opportunities in the beginning of the game it was going to come back to haunt them and that is exactly what happened.  

Archived