Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Game Coverage Thread - Giants at #Redskins (Final)

JimmiJo

I hope this is a back breaker for the Giamts and they just lose games left and right

looking at their schedule I'd say the only game they're guaranteed a win is against the Eagles.  Jets and Dolphins are toss ups and Panthers and Vikings should probably be losses

I am getting sick of the narrative the Redskins have upset the apple cart against the Giants who are the presumed only descent team in a division of dross. But the Giants are what their record tells us they are. 

The record shows us the Giants have played 5 games in the NFCE east and won two of them of them. The best they can do is IF they beat the eagles in a couple of weeks they end up 3-3 in the division... not exactly a breed apart. 

And the teams they have beat outside the division are hardly murders row; San Francisco, Buffalo and Tampa Bay... (us and the Cboys make up their other two wins. Oh sure they have played teams close and lost in the dying seconds - that sucks and all but morral victories do not show up on the stats sheet.

On the flip side we have lost to the undefeated Patriots and Panthers - which is apparently and indication of how pathetic we are as a franchise - but dismantled the Saints (who have beaten the Cowboys and Giants) , overcame a massive deficit to win against Tampa (who have beaten the Eagles and Cowboys).

I think as fans we should be a little prouder of the team and not put up with this garbage . 

We are not a great team I am not sure we are a good team  - as wins come confidence will come and then we might see what we really have. - but we were never supposed to be a great team or even a good team  - what we are is improving. 

Good win today -

Part of me wants to bump the 2007 paloffs thread, but it's not the same situation at all. We weren't even close to contention in 2005 or 2007 and that's part of what made those threads so special. Many are actually considering us favorites to win the division at this point.

Very happy we won this, but a little hard to gloat after letting them get back in it. Gotta be able to finish these games off when they're there to be finished off, get points off turnovers, etc. Can't believe we're leading the division with a losing record, but I'll take it. Hopefully we can finally knock a team out early in prime time next week. 

Some truth to this, but remember the 2nd TD was pure luck. Beckham made one of the absolute best catches of the season to pull off that TD. If not for that, there's a good chance we hold them back and end the game on that drive.

But there can be some consoling activities!

My wife's a saints fan.

She didn't want any consoling. She was just pissed at me.

Part of me wants to bump the 2007 paloffs thread, but it's not the same situation at all. We weren't even close to contention in 2005 or 2007 and that's part of what made those threads so special. Many are actually considering us favorites to win the division at this point.

I think somebody did earlier in the week.

That was just a fantastic team effort today. Defense really came to play and the offense got it together when it needed to. I could nit pic and there's obviously a ton of room for improvement but I'm just going to enjoy this one. We beat a team we had to beat in a very meaningful game. It's the kind of game we haven't won (and haven't even had the opportunity to play) in a long time. Kudos to the coaching staff and the players for coming out and being aggressive. We knocked be crap out of Elisha today. That last hit by Riley on the final play from scrimmage was icing on the cake. Enjoy it everyone!!!

OK, First off **** Mara.

Now that we've gotten that off the table.  Great game by the gentlemen in red.  However, I was worried at the end with two fairly easy drives.

So, I'd rather share this during a win than a loss:

After the crazy loss last weekend, I left my gathering of Skins fans and headed to the (of all things) grocery store... In SOCal (Laguna Niguel).  I had 4 people stop me in my jersey to talk about the skins...  But the real kicker was the last person.

As I'm leaving the store, a lady comes up to me and says, "What happened to the Skins today???"  We chat for about a minute, and she says, yeah, my son in law plays for the team.  (I go, blank, huminahumina blank)  I say, who is he?  She says, Will Blackmon.  I'm still pretty humminahumina, but I finish the conversation, and the lady is great. 

I go back to the car and google Will Blackmon, and sure enough, he's from Southern OC, and his wife is...  Well...   Mr. Blackmon, you done good (really good), and Mom in law is awesome as a Skins fan:

http://ballerwives.com/2010/10/27/will-blackmons-wife-shauna-danielle/

So, cut story...  Wanted to share with ES on a great win.  What a game today!!!!

Somewhat lost in all of this is the skins are 5-1 at home. (Rams, Phily, Bucs, Saints, Giants). The only loss was a choke job against Miami.

That's pretty good. They have one game where they will be favored, and a toss-up with the Bills. They could be 7-1 at home.

If we make the playoffs, I reckon so too will Seattle. We'll somehow face them ugh.

If it's here, I'd be ok with that.

If we make the playoffs, I reckon so too will Seattle. We'll somehow face them ugh.

Ugh I hate them so much. Oddly enough we usually seem to have their number in the regular season but lose to them every single time in the playoffs. I hate them for more than just that though. Was so pissed the Steelers let that one get away. And I don't like the Steelers either. 

Sitting here watching Pats/Broncos game, just wandering why it seems the Pats game plan so well against the team they are playing weaknesses. Why are we stuck in the "this is how we play" mode? They (Pats) are doing this with a skeleton crew in their skilled positions. I don't have any clue what our OC and offensive schemes are thru the week, but it just doesn't seem we game plan against other teams weaknesses...why on earth did we not take at least 3 more deep shots with DJacc today? It's like stealing when we finally do....I just don't get it....they have Merriweather back there at safety, WE all know he can't cover deep. Just frustrating

Sitting here watching Pats/Broncos game, just wandering why it seems the Pats game plan so well against the team they are playing weaknesses. Why are we stuck in the "this is how we play" mode? They (Pats) are doing this with a skeleton crew in their skilled positions. I don't have any clue what our OC and offensive schemes are thru the week, but it just doesn't seem we game plan against other teams weaknesses...why on earth did we not take at least 3 more deep shots with DJacc today? It's like stealing when we finally do....I just don't get it....they have Merriweather back there at safety, WE all know he can't cover deep. Just frustrating

Yeah I would have liked more deep shots to Jackson as well. We won though, so it's not a big deal.

Archived