Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

IF we made the paloffs, would you really be ok with it?

brandymac27

First, I don't mind at all if we made the playoffs. My question really came from the fact that we'd have to hear a bunch of bull**** from other teams fans talking about how weak the NFCE east is, etc.

I love this team and would love to get to the postseason. I guess I'm just sick of all the cowgirl and panther fans talking so much **** about how we really don't deserve it.

First, I don't mind at all if we made the playoffs. My question really came from the fact that we'd have to hear a bunch of bull**** from other teams fans talking about how weak the NFCE east is, etc.

I love this team and would love to get to the postseason. I guess I'm just sick of all the cowgirl and panther fans talking so much **** about how we really don't deserve it.

I tend to "not give a ****" what other teams fans say.  Considering the Panthers made it last year at 7-8-1, their fans have no room to talk **** at all.

And as far as Cowboy fans go, they can go **** themselves anyhow.  

Don't they have a collarbone to worry about?  Super Bowl year my ass :)

But its premature to worry about that right now anyway.  Skins still have the opportunity to go 10-6, which has won the division on quite a number of occasions recently. And have others have pointed out, the Giants were able to snag a Lombardi during a 9-7 season. Now if we were to go 8-8 or less, that's where I start to question "playoff-worthiness".......but that's another debate.

Another mitigating factor this season is that only one of the wild-card teams (either Minnesota or Green Bay) is likely to have double-digit wins.  All but one of the teams in contention for the "second" wild-card spot are at .500 or below, and the one (Atlanta) is sinking like a rock. Seattle might move above .500 with a win today. Still, its hard to argue against the playoff-worthiness of the Skins if one of the wild-card teams has the same or worse record.

You guys are right. **** everybody and what they think! We're #1 dammit!

I never care what others say unless they're right. When they are trashing and I can just respond "scoreboard", they really don't get to me. Back in the day, though, I just never thought "if we make no mistakes, we may win" then I thought "if we make no mistakes, we'll blow them off the field."

The point about home games is important now.  We're 5-1 here.  If we take the division, we'd be at home in the first round.  If we win the rest at home we'd be 7-1 going into the playoff game, and wouldn't have lost in our house since early September.

That would help to build confidence going into the game.

I'll take a 2nd round exit at this point in our team's development.

Bad teams have been making the playoffs for years and the NFC East has never been a contributor.  I remember before the rebuilds how bad the NFC West was with all those 7-9 and 8-8 division winners, Carolina made the playoffs with a 7-9 record last year, if we win our division we deserve to be there, case closed.

Bad teams have been making the playoffs for years and the NFC East has never been a contributor. I remember before the rebuilds how bad the NFC West was with all those 7-9 and 8-8 division winners, Carolina made the playoffs with a 7-9 record last year, if we win our division we deserve to be there, case closed.

I think that sums up the sorry state of the league - objectively it's nothing to be proud of - it is a losing record. Simple as that.

^^^Absolutely meaningless post

You do realise the seattle team that beat the Saints were then knocked out of the playoffs the very next game by the bears who in turn got knocked out of the playoffs the very next game? Don't you?

The Patriots went 16-0 and lost in the SB to the Giants, what good have it done to them? 0

Regular season means nothing when it comes to the playoffs. Winning or Losing record... It's about producing on the field.Nobody will care if you looked crappy in September.

What matters is how do you look in late December/January.

f you made it into the playoff, no matter what your season record say, you deserve it, and play to win it all.

I'm just asking. As bad as the NFCE is, if we were to get the wildcard and make it to the playoffs, would you be ok with it????

I honestly don't know if I would be. I'd wanna be a competitive team. I don't think we're even close to being there yet.

Your opinions?

Is this a trick?

Archived