Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

IF we made the paloffs, would you really be ok with it?

brandymac27

You guys are nuts that dont want to go to the playoffs.

NFL is a year to year proposition, game to game, minute to minute.  One year doesnt buy you anything for the next.

You take every win you can get, every opportunity you can get.  All these teams are so close, all it takes is a little hot streak to close the year to turn the tides of your entire season and make a run at glory.

Winning is a habit that you want to have.  You only look to next year (fans) after the team is mathematically out, and the Skins are still very much alive.

No offense, but really? Ok with making the playoffs? It happens like once every five years. Hell yes I'd be freakin ecstatic. Would I be dumb enough to go around bragging about it to my friends that are fans of teams that make the playoffs every single year? Nope. Would I be proud as hell and happy to rub it in every other NFC East teams' fans? Yup. 

No East team is making it as a wild card. Whoever goes to the playoffs will have won the division. Quite frankly I don't care what our record is. If we are above .500 in the division and win the East I'll be downright jubilant. It's something to build on and to be happy with and hell maybe we'd get lucky and win a wild card game at home. Never would I EVER be disappointed or upset about making the freaking playoffs. Get outta here with this bs. 

I'm just asking. As bad as the NFCE is, if we were to get the wildcard and make it to the playoffs, would you be ok with it????

I honestly don't know if I would be. I'd wanna be a competitive team. I don't think we're even close to being there yet.

Your opinions?

It really only comes down to one question:  Would you rather watch 16 games of Redskins football in one season? Or at least 17?  I think it's a pretty easy question.

Is the op a serious question? we've made the playoff what 4 times in 20 years? I'll take the playoffs however I can get it.

I don't see how it wouldn't be a serious question. 2012 got us nowhere but back, so I can feel Brandy's legitimate doubt about a playoff run this year. The fear we might overpay for some guys that are in contract years (Kirk being first) that could put us in a cap hell, or whatever...

Going to the playoffs, maybe winning a game, is an accomplishment in itself and would have everybody jumping all around and excited for the next year. Which is usually the time you make mistakes. Young teams that makes it to the playoffs and crash the year after are legions in the NFL history.

I don't share Brandymac's concerns about going to the playoffs, because I believe experience is above everything, and that our guys in the FO are smart enough to not tear it apart by making stupid decisions. It's still a young team that need every experience they can. To me at least.

Hey, like I said, I'm never turning down a playoff appearance or a division title, even in a down year. This team has been terrible and I want nothing more than to see them succeed.

But don't think I haven't seen this movie before.

We were on the upswing after '99, remember? We were back on our feet in '05. It was only a matter of time before we hoisted our 4th Lombardi after winning the division in '12.

I know it's not intentional, but outside of the teams in Cleveland, no group of franchises seemingly enjoys twisting the knife in their fans hearts like the teams representing the District of Columbia. They find new, exciting ways not only to lose but to lose after getting everyone's hopes up. I know things aren't the same as they were those years, but I've been conditioned to distrust success and expect failure in the most unusual way.

I do feel better about this team, though. We're winning games we're supposed to win and we're losing games we're supposed to lose, by and large. The only teams to really blow us out of the water have perfect seasons thus far, but the team is showing a lot of fight.

I do feel better about this team, though. We're winning games we're supposed to win and we're losing games we're supposed to lose, by and large. The only teams to really blow us out of the water have perfect seasons thus far, but the team is showing a lot of fight.

Ain't that the truth. Our Skins have a special way of rollercoasting our hearts.  ols

Today is such a big game. If we win, I'm pretty sure the entire fanbase will expect perfection the rest of the way.

If we get blown out at home, by the Giants, I expect this fan base to completely explode in glorious fashion.

Paloffs is pointless

reasons not to get excited about it

i) lower draft pick - we need every break we can get in the draft after so many years of suckage and now with Scotty M in charge

ii) no one - I repeat no one in the NFC east is going anywhere - so nonsense like "so our rivals don't go to the SB" is frankly either delusional or comedy gold - and i ain't laughing

iii) we will get blown out - just like the two times this season we met teams bound for the playoffs (NE and Carolina) if you think any different when we meet either the vikings, packers or cards, then keep toking on the crack pipe

iv) how does anyone thinking getting our @rse kicked in the playoffs will be good for the locker room - smh

v) the team does not deserve it, we do not deserve it, we are not good enough - lets stop kidding ourselves. STOP. JUST STOP. Yeah sure we can clinch the NFC east with 7-9 - so what? Look yourself in the mirror and say with a straight face "I'm proud to be going to the playoffs with a 7-9 record in the sloppiest, weakest division in the entire league" - then say that with a straight face to the fans of truly deserving playoff bound teams

/rant over

Paloffs is pointless

i) lower draft pick - we need every break we can get in the draft after so many years of suckage and now with Scotty M in charge

ii) no one - I repeat no one in the NFC east is going anywhere - so nonsense like "so our rivals don't go to the SB" is frankly either delusional or comedy gold - and i ain't laughing

iii) we will get blown out - just like the two times this season we met teams bound for the playoffs (NE and Carolina) if you think any different when we meet either the vikings, packers or cards, then keep toking on the crack pipe

iv) how does anyone thinking getting our @rse kicked in the playoffs will be good for the locker room - smh

v) the team does not deserve it, we do not deserve it, we are not good enough - lets stop kidding ourselves. STOP. JUST STOP. Yeah sure we can clinch the NFC east with 7-9 - so what? Look yourself in the mirror and say with a straight face "I'm proud to be going to the playoffs with a 7-9 record in the sloppiest, weakest division in the entire league" - then say that with a straight face to the fans of truly deserving playoff bound teams

/rant over

Yeah, tell those folks in Seattle after they created a earthquake during a playoff game against the Saints.

Yeah, tell those folks in Seattle after they created a earthquake during a playoff game against the Saints.

^^^Absolutely meaningless post

You do realise the seattle team that beat the Saints were then knocked out of the playoffs the very next game by the bears who in turn got knocked out of the playoffs the very next game? Don't you?

I'd be happy for this team to succeed. More so, because the rumors are that we are keeping Gruden for next year. If that's the case, let's build. Let's improve. Get a taste of the playoffs and come back hungrier with a better team.

What does failing get you?  

Would you rather be in the playoffs with the 14th overall draft pick or out with the 10th? Me, I'd take the shot at winning.

Until we lose our eighth game this season, I'll still be excited about paloff possibilities, even though we're not the best team in the conference.

I just wish we can have a season where we're wanting to win our last five to increase our chances of a first-round bye instead of squeaking in. Seems like 1999 was the last time we were in control of our own destiny the last few weeks of the season.

Paloffs is pointless

We've already won too many games to get an early pick. The difference between a playoff position and losing out is maybe a handful of positions in the draft, which isn't worth it.  Besides, rooting for a high pick is just loser mentality. You should never root for your team to lose.

Simply not true.  The division winner is going to the playoffs......and that's at least somewhere.

You don't know for certain if we'll get blown out.  You have to get there and see what happens. 

Making the playoffs is absolutely good for the team. It helps build a winning attitude and confidence going into the next season.

If we win the division, you're damn right we deserve it.  That's just idiotic to state otherwise. It will mean we took advantage of a weak division. There's nothing to be ashamed of in that.

/rant over

Apparently it wasn't......seems all you want is for the team to lose. 

Paloffs is pointless

We've already won too many games to get an early pick. The difference between a playoff position and losing out is maybe a handful of positions in the draft, which isn't worth it.  Besides, rooting for a high pick is just loser mentality. You should never root for your team to lose.

Simply not true.  The division winner is going to the playoffs......and that's at least somewhere.

You don't know for certain if we'll get blown out.  You have to get there and see what happens. 

Making the playoffs is absolutely good for the team. It helps build a winning attitude and confidence going into the next season.

If we win the division, you're damn right we deserve it.  That's just idiotic to state otherwise. It will mean we took advantage of a weak division. There's nothing to be ashamed of in that.

/rant over

Apparently it wasn't......seems all you want is for the team to lose. 

I respect your opinion - but I'll take exception to your statement that  all I want is the team to lose

I've been a fan since Gibbs I - and I remember the feeling of knowing a win was coming, week in, week out - no matter who we played - and I relished the playoffs - Hell, if we didn't have the wind against us at the meadowlands, I still say we could have squeaked our way into the superbowl - that was when I felt this team had the cojones to go into the playoffs as a wildcard and still own it. It's a great way to feel about your team - I don't know how far back your support goes (this is not a criticism) but that was when I wanted to make the playoffs no matter what. Knowing you could go as a wild card into Soldier field when people were still talking about a Bears repeat and watch Art Monk reel in two touchdowns to break their hearts. That's the kind of team I want in the paloffs - not this hot mess

I respect your opinion - but I'll take exception to your statement that you all I want is the team to lose

I've been a fan since Gibbs I - and I remember the feeling of knowing a win was coming, week in, week out - no matter who we played - and I relished the playoffs - Hell, if we didn't have the wind against us at the meadowlands, I still say we could have squeaked our way into the superbowl - that was when I felt this team had the cojones to go into the playoffs as a wildcard and still own it. It's a great way to feel about your team - I don't know how far back your support goes (this is not a criticism) but that was when I wanted to make the playoffs no matter what. Knowing you could go as a wild card into Soldier field when people were still talking about a Bears repeat and watch Art Monk reel in two touchdowns to break their hearts. That's the kind of team I want in the paloffs - not this hot mess

FTR, I've been a fan since Gibbs I as well.

My ultimate point here is that we haven't looked like a hot mess nearly as often as we used too, and we ARE making progress. Had we not experienced the amount of injuries we've seen so far this year, I'm confident our record would look a bit different. The fact we're 4-6, and not 2-8 or so, is damn near a miracle in my opinion (especially considering we nearly pulled the win in Atlanta, and could be 5-5 right now). Despite the state of your team, you should always hope they make the playoffs. Otherwise, you're rooting for nothing; so what's the point of even watching?

Archived