Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

IF we made the paloffs, would you really be ok with it?

brandymac27

To quote Bryce Harper, that's a clown question bro! First off, the old cliche about it being a new season with everybody 0-0 once the playoffs come around is true. The NYG twice went in with little fanfare, including a 9-7 6th seed, got hot and some luck and one a SB. Secondly, more recently, the Seahawks and Panthers both recently won bad divisions and parlayed that into bigger things down the road. Thirdly, if we win the division we host a game and we have been good at Fed Ex... It would be good for the young guys to experience playoff football and possibly win a game. Fourth, the Panthers are the best team in the conference, but I would love another shot at them with nothing to lose. Finally, at the end of the day the NFC is pretty weak this year outside of Carolina so you truly want to be in the mix. (Hell, the East isn't even the worst division this year... Titans/Jags/Houston/Colts is much worse IMHO... And basically two of the eight division winners figure to be 8-9 win teams. Why not us?

It's easy to be down on the thought after the CAR game

But if it really happened, and we waxed the rest of the division along the way, you'd be dancing like Drake

I'd actually do my best, Usher

usher-best-dance-o.gif

You young thundercats

I would be ok with it because that would mean we beat the Giants, the Cowboys twice and the Eagles twice in which we would be 9-7 or 10-6. that would mean we turned the corner and are on the way to being a competitive team. With the new GM drafting players we would be even better next year. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Let's win the games first.

I'm just asking. As bad as the NFCE is, if we were to get the wildcard and make it to the playoffs, would you be ok with it????

I honestly don't know if I would be. I'd wanna be a competitive team. I don't think we're even close to being there yet.

Your opinions?

**** yeah I'd be ok with it. It would build confidence, teamsmanship, and a been there before attitude.

Yes....everytime! The only negative would be that we would have a harder schedule next year, although we were suppose to have an easy one this year but didn't turn out that way.

I don't think the schedule has been harder than expected. If anything, with the Eagles woes and Romo out for the Cowboys, it's turned out easier.

If the Redskins won the division because the ref blew a last second call while playing a team that was entirely sick with a nasty flu and had spent a sleepless night in a hotel infested with bed bugs... I'd take it and be glad for it. 

Folks we are Redskins fans.  Nothing comes easy here.  If the universe throws you a bone you graciously accept it and gnaw on it happy until there is nothing left but the sweet memory of it. 

Would you be happy with an ice cream, even if it wasn't your favorite flavor?

Hey, that's not my favorite topping on delicious pizza, but I guess I'll choke down a slice.

Sure, I am pretty sure I'm very vocally on record as saying that if a division puts a sub .500 team into the playoffs, that division should have the spot taken and have it replaced with lots and lots of shame, but that wasn't our team or our division. That, is a completely different story.

I can't think of a time where the Redskins made the playoffs and I was NOT ok with it lol...

They were 9-7 lol...

Actually, they were 10-6 and finished behind Dallas. 8-8 was 2006, sorry. Either way, the point was they were a wild card team and won the Super Bowl. Once you get to the playoffs, everyone is 0-0 and you have a chance so never discount the importance of being in the playoffs, no matter how you get there.

Actually, they were 10-6 and finished behind Dallas. 8-8 was 2006, sorry. Either way, the point was they were a wild card team and won the Super Bowl. Once you get to the playoffs, everyone is 0-0 and you have a chance so never discount the importance of being in the playoffs, no matter how you get there.

One of these posts we'll get it right lol...

I hear what you're saying brandy.

Obviously, I think we all want to see this team succeed. Winning the NFC East when we, by all rights, should finish in our usual place (i.e. the basement) would be huge and would add another division title to our long, over all successful record book.

BUT...it might reinforce bad habits and give some folks at the top the idea that we're just a few free agents away from winning a Lombardi Trophy. 

This team is a long, long, long way from being a consistent contender and we have to build the team for sustained success, not for a few exciting seasons every few years. Yes, I want to see this team take another division title in a decade. Considering where the team has been over the past 25 years, that would be huge, but we need to make sure we're on the course for long lasting success that results in yearly contention over a long period of time, rather than a fluke playoff appearance or two every so often.

I tell you if this team does win the division I'll be the first to rock the 2014 NFC East Champions shirts, even if they lose round one. It doesn't matter. None of it matters. This team at that point would have stepped up and become MEN. They would have miraculously overachieved and gone from a 4 win team to division champions. That's a huge jump that we should all be proud of, regardless of the outcome of the playoff game. 

And I love how "draft position" is a negative as if it were a bad thing that we'd be drafting later in the round. That's a good thing. Scot is a good GM, remember? He'll find the proper players to fit the system if we draft later than usual. So it doesn't matter. Just get into the playoffs. Man up tomorrow and show those pesky Giants that we're tired of being their ****. This is the FIRST STEP towards a division title. And the players should all be ****ing aware of it. Don't let them roll all over you. Stop them tomorrow. Take what is rightfully yours by force. 

I hear what you're saying brandy.

Obviously, I think we all want to see this team succeed. Winning the NFC East when we, by all rights, should finish in our usual place (i.e. the basement) would be huge and would add another division title to our long, over all successful record book.

BUT...it might reinforce bad habits and give some folks at the top the idea that we're just a few free agents away from winning a Lombardi Trophy.

This team is a long, long, long way from being a consistent contender and we have to build the team for sustained success, not for a few exciting seasons every few years. Yes, I want to see this team take another division title in a decade. Considering where the team has been over the past 25 years, that would be huge, but we need to make sure we're on the course for long lasting success that results in yearly contention over a long period of time, rather than a fluke playoff appearance or two every so often.

Not GM SM's style and honestly it hasn't been the Redskins' mantra since the Haynesworth debacle. Danny deserves some credit, he has changed. They realize there is work to be done, but honestly there is not as much work as some fans insist. Top to bottom in the NFL 30 of 32 teams have three or four positions of need... The difference between the third best team and the thirtieth is nil.

This team is a long, long, long way from being a consistent contender

How do you know that? Our record is better than the last couple years. We have a good young core on the Oline and some promising WRs, as well as a few pieces on defense. We might finish 8-8/10-6 and win the division this year and with our success at home, we could take revenge on an over rated Falcons team, then travel to a limping GB or something.

Point is, this could be our ride up to the top. Why foo foo it with negativity? We're ARE better, enjoy the ride. We knew we'd take some lumps, but we've delivered some too. Over all, it's been a good year and we're in position to make it better.

How do you know that? Our record is better than the last couple years. We have a good young core on the Oline and some promising WRs, as well as a few pieces on defense. We might finish 8-8/10-6 and win the division this year and with our success at home, we could take revenge on an over rated Falcons team, then travel to a limping GB or something.

Point is, this could be our ride up to the top. Why foo foo it with negativity? We're ARE better, enjoy the ride. We knew we'd take some lumps, but we've delivered some too. Over all, it's been a good year and we're in position to make it better.

This. Koolblue and I have not agreed on everything Jay, Kirk and Skins related but we agree on this. Get in and anything can happen. If we play Atlanta at FedEx we will win by 10+. Just gotta make it happen starting with a win tomorrow.

Archived