Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

IF we made the paloffs, would you really be ok with it?

brandymac27

Loved his presser from last night. Solid dude. I can only hope we have success next year for such good guys as are winning these games, as well as we long-suffering fans.

What should make everyone happy is a year where GMSM showed how awesome he is, and the team has direction (and tone, and character, and an identity) with a young HC in Gruden. Combined with learning what we have about Cousins, that's the important take away at this point.

I don't know what they'll do in the playoffs. Zero expectations. There's plenty to be happy about with the organization at this point.

Now hopefully we can have some stability and some growth...

There is a special nature to the strength (resilience) and chemistry of a team when an organization gets it together around a core of young players who are finding their first major success with that team. Sprinkle in a handful of strategically useful vets and good drafts and you're well on the way to something with solid legs. We have that sort of thing happening now.

The next hard part will be making sure this isn't a flash in the pan and will continue with consistency.

The entire coaching staff knows this very well, I think, having demonstrated patience in properly developing this team far beyond the balls of most staffs in order to do this thing as right as possible--esp. since the running game as our proposed staple under Scot (a goal usually associated with him since he arrived more than Jay) has struggled so much.

The next hard part will be making sure this isn't a flash in the pan and will continue with consistency.

Think about the last few times we've been to the playoffs:

1999: follow up with the Fortune 500 Skins

2005: try to fix what wasn't necessarily broken by bringing in Al Saunders

2007: unfortunately Gibbs retired

2012:  the whole RG3 "all of the parties know their responsibilities" debacle

Sure, there will be decisions to be made and improvements needed at certain spots to be sure (what team in the league doesn't have weaknesses).  But having a legit GM for once in Scotty Mac sure gives a bunch of confidence going forward.

Kinda funny. Joe Gibbs Racing wins a championship with a driver that missed 11 races due to injury. A lot of the fans of the show don't like it. I'm ok with it.

Weak division, maybe finish 8 and 8 – don't give a squat. Safe bets the teams from central Texas, eastern Pennsylvania or New Jersey's blue team and their collective faithful would be more than happy to swap positions with the '15 NFC East Champion, Washington Redskins. I'm sure as hell ok with that.

Hail to the Redskins!

Archived