Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

2 minutes ago, clietas said:

So does the United States. :blink:

That explains the rise of populist Trump. 

10 minutes ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

And I'm not commenting on the rest of this thread/news cause it's obvious where I stand and i don't want to banned/have the feds knocking down my door. 

I am out too.  If I keep focusing on this **** the whole day, I am going to die of a heart attack very soon.  

Edited by redskins59

All these protests and all make nice photo ops. But y'know, this problem could have been solved simply by voting

Still, I suppose it could be worse. I mean, we could all be living in a place where President Hillary would be using a private email account, and appointing moderate Supreme Court justices. (To get them confirmed by the Republican Senate). 

Edited by Larry

I really interested (worried) how's this all lays out.  What, if any, power do governors have to just completely ignore this or to start ejecting federal employees from the their states?  Will states that just can't put up with this start looking at seceded ing?  

As a member of the military, I worry about what I may be eventually told to do.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I really interested (worried) how's this all lays out.  What, if any, power do governors have to just completely ignore this or to start ejecting federal employees from the their states?  

None whatsoever. It would take a Trump-level intellect to even suggest it. 

I can't recall another day in my life as an American where I have felt this ****ty about our society. 

I think most people of color are feeling this way, even if our countries aren't on this list. Barring your own permanent residents from returning and by default, exiting, is cruel beyond belief.

I never expected to see such a blatant display of racism and xenophobia by our federal government in my lifetime. And I worry what is in store when this admin has to deal with an actual crisis and how they will demonize and strip the rights of minorities and immigrants.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Larry said:

None whatsoever. It would take a Trump-level intellect to even suggest it. 

Thanks Larry.  Insults help.

So the governors, etc have no power to eject (and I'm just making up an example) a state department Office who leases an office inside a state owned building?  There is no chance that a governor activates their National Guard to say F Trump and physically force the release of these people?  No chance anything like that could happen?

Kinda torn between looking at my watch, wondering why nobody is taking charge and doing anything about this, and reminding myself that making big decisions without forethought, or an implementation plan, has the potential to be irresponsible  

Just now, RonArtest15 said:

How long do you all think Trump stays in office?  This is truly a dark time in our country.  I'm literally speechless after what I've seen go on over the past 8 days.  SOMETHING has to give. 

Congressional Republicans should just implement the next stage of their plan, that is, impeach Trump, put in Pence, now.

I get it Congressional Republicans, you want to do it after the mid-terms.  GOP loses seats, but due to gerrymandering in House and Dems on defense in Senate the GOP holds them.  You blame loses on Trump, drop some info on illegal stuff he's done, and then all the bad will can be aimed at Trump and Pence can walk stuff back to try and drum up goodwill for 2020.

And yes, implementing the plan early means that Pence has more time to take blame for things, but you've got to do it sooner rather than later.  This nonsense is ridiculous.

Real Americans should have no worries becuase they're christians, big league. "God" is behind Donald and this movement cuz Don drips christianity 24-7. His whole life, all his words and deeds, especially since the campaign, are driven by christianness. That's why he's so beloved by so many of them. Praise jesus, Billy Graham the 12th and all those evangelists and their lovely flocks. Can I get an Amen for Intelligent Design?

On the nicer side, my respect and affection to those millions of Christians who actually believe the fundamental morality and basic tenets they claim to worship shouldn't play distant second to their economic struggles and political wants/hates, and didn't "excuse" their way into supporting this sick pile of slime. These Christians will be a major strength in resistance to this kind of garbage if it goes on unabated over months.  

And so far, every way I can ascertain, his "plans" are all just so stupid on top of everything else. I mean his ideas won't even function well pragmatically or serve their supposed intent, forget arguments that most of them are morally/ethically twisted and sick. So much of what is going on here is just stupid (intelligence-wise, literally) as much as anything else.

I am getting more iffy that stable competent people like mattis, kelly,  pompeo,  and tillerson, can manage him sufficiently on the int'l front, assuming they're not going to turn out to be perfectly  happy to let him go on...it's still early lmao..

• Like 3