Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

3 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

Your 2nd post doesn't work, is this really a debate?  I'm calling it how I see it, even some of the most liberal people have the same feelings when it comes to the Muslim religion.

Can we not agree that there is a problem with a portion of the Muslim religion, that its dangerous and its creating havoc across the world. Is it crazy to say that or is it just not politically correct?

Saying we have a problem with Islamic Terrorism is not the way you phrased it before and most liberals don't have  problem with that but keep it fact based instead of "how you see it." I don't view it as the Muslim religion that is the problem, I view it as evil people being the problem and they will use whatever is available to manipulate a situation whether it's a religious text or an ethnic issue. Does a religion kill people or do people kill people? 

1 minute ago, jschuck12001 said:

Can we not agree that there is a problem with a portion of the Muslim religion, that its dangerous and its creating havoc across the world. Is it crazy to say that or is it just not politically correct?

Throughout human history, scums have committed atrocities in the name of religion.  There are definitely terrorists who do it in the name of Islam right now.  There are also terrorists who do it in the name of Christianity right now.  But we do not discriminate an entire class of people because portion of them are bad.  If we extend this basic tenet to every types of class, why is it ok for Trump to not extend it to Muslims?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

Literally been happening since 9/11. Everything you have posted

I wonder why we armed Bin Laden in the 1980s

Because we're idiots, we like to fund corrupt countries and make them strong.

Concerning a Muslim voice I'm not sure its transparent enough, I don't watch too much tv but I don't ever see an unfiltered source of Muslim communication, its always a sound bite or 2 from MSNBC.  If there is a source please let me know, I would be interested in following it.

4 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Saying we have a problem with Islamic Terrorism is not the way you phrased it before and most liberals don't have  problem with that but keep it fact based instead of "how you see it." I don't view it as the Muslim religion that is the problem, I view it as evil people being the problem and they will use whatever is available to manipulate a situation whether it's a religious text or an ethnic issue. Does a religion kill people or do people kill people? 

I'm not sure what you mean by "how I phrased it before", it is what it is, radicals killing people in the name of Islam.

If I were a Muslim leader I would dump as much as I could into separating my religion from the idiots who are exploiting it.

Just now, jschuck12001 said:

I'm not sure what you mean by "how I phrased it before", it is what it is, radicals killing people in the name of Islam.

If I were a Muslim leader I would dump as much as I could into separating my religion from the idiots who are exploiting it.

When you said murdering in the name of religion is ALWAYS the Muslim religion. We all acknowledge what the issue is, but banning people only helps terrorist propaganda and does nothing to strengthen American interests. 

7 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

So basically you're saying they bring more to the table than people like me, its ok, you can be direct and just say it.

I think you're full of ****, you have no idea what I bring to the table but what I will tell you is I help a tremendous amount of people obtain financing for their businesses, these are people of all races and creeds not just white people.

I may have some strong points of view but you labeling me is just as dumb as the post you hated.

Dumbass (now I'm labeling you)---I made a point of noting your post, not you, and deliberately made my "warrior" comment to NOT hit you directly--which I would have zero hesitation in doing so if I felt it merited (see my greeting) as you should know imo. Your recent posting shared info about your work background and your content overall has been solid enough for me to leave you the benefit of the doubt (at this point, anyway) but I did want to make that point as applying to what is so typcial with keyboardists in these venues. 

Now I could be a dumbass and talk about how great the people I'm referring to and the work they do, but I won't, cuz it don't apply beyond what I did post.

So to be clear, I deliberately didn't name you (and not out of any shyness---seriously, as long as you've been posting in the stadium? jeeez) ), and instead referred to a type, but did think that was a dumb **** of a post, and sure won't hesitate to castigate anyone directly anytime I feel fits (massive duh).

Members are also allowed many forms of such if one carefully reads rule 5, it's just paramount to understand that all the risk is on the poster. Speaking of rules and castigation, the next time you say I'm full of ****, you better be standing on WAY firmer ground.

9 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Dumbass (now I'm labeling you)---I made a point of noting your post, not you, and deliberately made my "warrior" comment to NOT hit you directly--which I would have zero hesitation in doing so if I felt it merited (see my greeting) as you should know imo. Your recent posting shared info about your work background and your content overall has been solid enough for me to leave you the benefit of the doubt (at this point, anyway) but I did want to make that point as applying to what is so typcial with keyboardists in these venues. 

Now I could be a dumbass and talk about how great the people I'm referring to and the work they do, but I won't, cuz it don't apply beyond what I did post.

So to be clear, I deliberately didn't name you (and not out of any shyness---seriously, as long as you've been posting in the stadium? jeeez) ), and instead referred to a type, but did think that was a dumb **** of a post, and sure won't hesitate to castigate anyone directly anytime I feel fits (massive duh).

Members are also allowed many forms of such if one carefully reads rule 5, it's just paramount to understand that all the risk is on the poster. Speaking of rules and castigation, the next time you say I'm full of ****, you better be standing on WAY firmer ground.

I'll take the high road and leave the name calling to you, you replied to my post so why wouldn't I think you were speaking directly at me. I understand you're a mod and I respect the rules of the forum.  If your direct reply to my quote was not directed at me then please accept this as an apology.

I don't come here to troll, I come here because I disagree with many of the ideas and I think you can learn more by talking to those who you disagree with.

Edited by jschuck12001

I just want to echo *very strongly* a point that SHF made. American Muslims and Muslims around the world are constantly, *constantly* engaging in outreach, fellowship, education, charity, and more. If the so-called liberal media doesn't cover it beyond a soundbite, because it's too busy soaking up the ratings that our anti-Constitutional POTUS gave them, that doesn't mean it's not happening.

Look to other sources than big international news corps and it's not hard to find abundant evidence of this. In fact, our Muslim sisters and brothers have been ridiculously tolerant of suspicious non-Muslims from where I'm sitting.

I do hope (he wrote, knowing it won't be happen because the GOP has no spine and no commitment other than rhetorical to the actual Constitution) that Congress remembers that this ban is actually against the law (in addition to being manifestly against principle and tradition).

Shame, shame, shame on anyone who stoops to condone this vile decision. As if this is the only way to think and act responsibly about "terrorism."

• Like 5

All good, jschuck, afaic.  

17 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

I'll take the high road and leave the name calling to you,--that right there is not taking the high road, it's juvenile passive-aggressive. As you might say "man up, dude, either go or don't go"---you replied to my post so why wouldn't I think you were speaking directly at me--already covered in my reply--- I understand you're a mod----immaterial to the meat of the matter---and I respect the rules of the forum.  If--why is this an "if?"---your direct reply to my quote was not directed at me---word salad---then please accept this as an apology.---if you're apologizing for the "full of ****" thing, fine, but an apology wasn't asked for nor needed. I just said next time make sure you're on way firmer ground.

I don't come here to troll---I have not thought such, either, although the "vacation" post is of that nature---I come here because I disagree with many of the ideas and I think you can learn more by talking to those who you disagree with. Afaic, j, it's all fine and all done. :)

4 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

That's primarily a local terrorist group.  I'm talking about international terrorists like the 9/11 attackers, who came mainly from Saudi Arabia.  

Saudi Arabia is a poor country? I get what you're getting at but I don't think economics explains it entirely. If anything I think mental health and sexual frustration to be bigger driving forces. 

And I'm not commenting on the rest of this thread/news cause it's obvious where I stand and i don't want to banned/have the feds knocking down my door. 

PS **** you Butthurters 

Edited by BornaSkinsFan83

1 minute ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

Saudi Arabia is a poor country? I get what you're getting at but I don't think economics explains it entirely. If anything I think mental health and sexual frustration to be bigger driving forces. 

They have a big disparity between the rich and the poor.