Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

32 minutes ago, visionary said:

Looking on twitter for more info and I notice the poll seems to be getting a ton of play among the alt-right and not much else.

Biased MSM  :)

I'd assume  IGS-UC Berkeley  has a website

simple search

https://www.igs.berkeley.edu/research/research-programs/the-igs-poll

add

https://www.igs.berkeley.edu/news/igs-poll-californians-say-cities-should-not-be-sanctuaries

Edited by twa

11 hours ago, Larry said:

Have to confess to being really surprised by that number.  But I'm not seeing anything off the bat that says it's a fake, either.  (Granted, when I search for the poll, the first two hits are for Breitbart.  But there's other hits from more believable sources, too.)  

11 hours ago, visionary said:

Looking on twitter for more info and I notice the poll seems to be getting a ton of play among the alt-right and not much else.

Never been to CA, but from what I've read & heard, Berkeley is a fairly affluent/predominately white area?? 

50 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Never been to CA, but from what I've read & heard, Berkeley is a fairly affluent/predominately white area?? 

Have another cup of coffee :)

65 percent of Hispanics, 70 percent of independents, 73 percent of Democrats and 82 percent of Republicans

now it is possible ya could find rich/white Hispanics,but they do not survey just Berkeley.

Do they even allow Republicans in Berkeley? :silly:

Heartbreaking case in VA. (nothing to do w trump policies, actually an Obama policy that DUIs = threat to public = deportation)

Mom (undocumented) of 2 kids (who were born in the US), married, is being deported bc she pled guilty to a DUI. 

For a first time DUI? Now the kids wont have their mom to hep raise them? She has been held on a detainer since July. 

I get the need to deport undocumented ppl who pose a threat to the public and there are many .. but a mom who worked cleaning hotels, worked for immigrant activism, US born kids, no priors ....... 

arent these the ppl that we want in this country. Ppl that work and pay taxes, contribute in a positive way, ppl that are family .. just good people. 

She and Jimenez, who is also undocumented, got married, had two kids and settled in Virginia. He worked as a trucker; she cleaned hotel rooms. She began volunteering with Casa in 2013 and was hired full time as a Virginia community organizer the following year.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/undocumented-immigrant-rights-activist-loses-her-battle-to-avoid-being-deported/2017/01/24/ef165060-e24c-11e6-ba11-63c4b4fb5a63_story.html?utm_term=.3401d12d746e

DEPORTATION0031474235471.jpg?uuid=BpWeUn3qEeatDqsNEsd5sQ

Edited by Why am I Mr. Pink?

What do we do about the Mayors, Governors etc that are out front stating that they will ignore federal law if Trump orders the removal of illegals in their cities or states?   What happens when Trump sends in the Natl Guard to enforce?

It could really scary. 

3 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

What do we do about the Mayors, Governors etc that are out front stating that they will ignore federal law if Trump orders the removal of illegals in their cities or states?   What happens when Trump sends in the Natl Guard to enforce?

It could really scary. 

If forces are sent in, that's when the GOP will grow a spine and impeachment happens but I don't think it gets that far. 

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I really hope it doesn't come to that. That is really scary 

I don't see how it doesn't come to that unless the Governors and Mayors stop saying they will willfully and knowingly ignore federal law 

Just now, Hersh said:

If forces are sent in, that's when the GOP will grow a spine and impeachment happens but I don't think it gets that far. 

You would blame Trump for that?   

1 minute ago, Kilmer17 said:

I don't see how it doesn't come to that unless the Governors and Mayors stop saying they will willfully and knowingly ignore federal law 

You would blame Trump for that?   

If they start trying to actually round people up to deport them, yes, Trump will get impeached. 

Just now, StillUnknown said:

I wish I had your faith in the GOP. they have and will continue to roll over at every opportunity

Rounding up people to deport, that being on TV, that will do it. If it doesn't the resulting very negative impact on the economy will do it. 

3 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Bad law puts the government against its people. I can't really call it anything else.