Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

6 minutes ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

America first baby!

we won't be able to travel anywhere, nor do business anywhere nor have anyone to buy our exports

You mentioned the Middle East. It is in the Middle East. 

I did but I'm really focusing on the order for the 7 specific countries, I don't think we would ever put a ban on the UAE because they aren't a country in civil unrest and they are business partners with the USA.

Edited by jschuck12001

4 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

I did but I'm really focusing on the order for the 7 specific countries, I don't think we would ever put a ban on the UAE because they aren't a country in civil unrest and they are business partners with the USA.

But the UAE could certainly put a ban on Americans. It gets enough business from citizens of every other nation on earth. 

Just now, SkinsHokieFan said:

But the UAE could certainly put a ban on Americans. It gets enough business from citizens of every other nation on earth. 

They could but the amount of money they have invested in US business and hedge funds makes me think they won't, in the end the all mighty dollar takes precedent over everything.

They could but the amount of money they have invested in US business and hedge funds makes me think they won't, in the end the all mighty dollar takes precedent over everything.

Exactly why Saudi Arabia isn't on the list 

3 minutes ago, DM72 said:

I'm being dead ass serious. I believe they're smart people on both sides. They need to figure out a way to remove Trump from office ASAP.

I think we have until the summer to get him out of office and Bannon/Flyn imprisoned. If not I fear we are going to be digging out of this hole the rest of our lives 

5 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

Screw the practical considerations.  Screw the religious bigotry.  Screw the squandering of any semblance of moral authority in leading the world.  Point blank, is it right or wrong to discriminate a class of people based on religion and/or national origin?

38 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

Oh no, I'm gonna have to cancel the family vacation to the middle east.

What a dumb **** of a post.

I am already tallying my own work related situations involving almost a dozen different people at one major clinic and two major universities that are terribly effected by this, all people of whom I suspect bring way more to the American table than many internet keyboard warriors.

Any backlash of even "just" the nations listed barring us from traveling to those countries will indeed hurt us significantly (for the morons who don't realize this).

And, just as with the wall, this is all for ****brain reasons that aren't even strategically useful, based on abysmal rationales, and much more likely to increase harm to us in more than one way, 

What a dumb-**** circus. These are halcyon days for bigots and idiots, esp. a major slice of the older white christian version. They have their dysfunctional dayglo vain shallow immoral unethical conspiracy-nut man-child (oh, the pride in their bosom) in charge and will be singing praise jesus all the way down the sewer.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, bearrock said:

Screw the practical considerations.  Screw the religious bigotry.  Screw the squandering of any semblance of moral authority in leading the world.  Point blank, is it right or wrong to discriminate a class of people based on religion and/or national origin?

If you're asking me the answer is no, BUT the reality is that when people are murdering others in the name of religion its always the Muslim religion.  I think Muslims need a way to get in front of the American people to explain the difference between the radicals and real Muslims, it's important they have a voice thats not filtered by the standard forms of media.

I think there's a lack of communication between the Muslim community and the American people who are scared of the religion, I also believe it can be fixed.

4 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

What a dumb **** of a post.

I am already tallying my own work related situations involving almost a dozen different people at one major clinic and two major universities that are terribly effected by this, all people of whom I suspect bring way more to the American table than many internet keyboard warriors.

So basically you're saying they bring more to the table than people like me, its ok, you can be direct and just say it.

I think you're full of ****, you have no idea what I bring to the table but what I will tell you is I help a tremendous amount of people obtain financing for their businesses, these are people of all races and creeds not just white people.

I may have some strong points of view but you labeling me is just as dumb as the post you hated.

3 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

So basically you're saying they bring more to the table than people like me, its ok, you can be direct and just say it.

I think you're full of ****, you have no idea what I bring to the table but what I will tell you is I help a tremendous amount of people obtain financing for their businesses, these are people of all races and creeds not just white people.

I may have some strong points of view but you labeling me is just as dumb as the post you hated.

Your post about canceling a family vacation to the Middle East deserved the response it received. It certainly gave the impression that you don't know anything about the Middle East in suggesting that why would anyone actually visit that place?

Well, no, actually, he didn't say it. But now that you have, ....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bearrock said:

Your 2nd post doesn't work, is this really a debate?  I'm calling it how I see it, even some of the most liberal people have the same feelings when it comes to the Muslim religion.

Can we not agree that there is a problem with a portion of the Muslim religion, that its dangerous and its creating havoc across the world. Is it crazy to say that or is it just not politically correct?

15 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

If you're asking me the answer is no, BUT the reality is that when people are murdering others in the name of religion its always the Muslim religion.  I think Muslims need a way to get in front of the American people to explain the difference between the radicals and real Muslims, it's important they have a voice thats not filtered by the standard forms of media.

I think there's a lack of communication between the Muslim community and the American people who are scared of the religion, I also believe it can be fixed.

Literally been happening since 9/11. Everything you have posted

2 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

Your 2nd post doesn't work, is this really a debate?  I'm calling it how I see it, even some of the most liberal people have the same feelings when it comes to the Muslim religion.

Can we not agree that there is a problem with a portion of the Muslim religion, that its dangerous and its creating havoc across the world. Is it crazy to say that or is it just not politically correct?

I wonder why we armed Bin Laden in the 1980s

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

We need to be very careful and make sure all of these reports are fact based/true. 

No doubt a valid point. No doubt there's going to be a whole lot of panicked claims. And a whole lot of low level bureaucrats attempting to implement vague, completely un-thought-out policies imposed without planning or thought in advance. 

And that's even before the expected flurry of a half dozen Trumpsters (and Trump himself) issuing different, conflicting "clarifications". 

2 minutes ago, Larry said:

Well, no, actually, he didn't say it. But now that you have, ....

Its ok Larry, if I didn't have thick skin I wouldn't post here.

I'm not a racist and the last thing I would want is a country full of white people, that would be very boring.