Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2015 #Redskins at Jets Final

JimmiJo

Cutting Robert is a 6mil hit actually. Nothing after the season.

Griffin, costs the same this season regardless.  His cap figure is already in this years cap, your calling it a cap hit because he's not here but that cap hit is already in the numbers.    This was part of the argument in releasing him at the beginning of the season as it costs you the same.

Exactly, the bottom line is we were outclassed by a very good team that just came off a week off, well rested and I believe they had all their starters.  

The Jets have a very good defense but a so so offense. Overall I would not say they are a very good team though.

Now its tough to beat anyone though when you have 9 starters out injured and to do it you need your QB to play at least a good game (if not a great game). Cousins did not play a good game today.

This is the first year where it's never the QB's fault.  In previous years O Line was never "as bad it appeared."  Sacks were on the QB.  WR's ran perfect routes and never fell.  RB's hit every hole. 

People haven't caught on that we can't blame the QB this year...it takes a while.

Before anyone makes this about what Bomani Jones did, I think it goes back to Brunell.  It took historically inept performances for people to finally be behind Brunell's benching in 04 (I wanted him benched after the first game, you could see how bad he was and would continue to be) because they convinced themselves the coach knew what was up.  People will make excuses up and down the possible spectrum, they won't claim Kirk is great, but they will take the edge off their criticism because they either think Scot is behind it (support, not that it was his idea) or they feel betrayed by the other guy in some sense and won't forgive him.

Meanwhile most of us vocal critics are just saying, "try Colt"

Griffin, costs the same this season regardless.  His cap figure is already in this years cap, your calling it a cap hit because he's not here but that cap hit is already in the numbers.    This was part of the argument in releasing him at the beginning of the season as it costs you the same.

I believe on the roster doing nothing and he's 3mil+. Double if he's cut before end of year.

Doesn't matter. Of all the things wrong here, he hasn't been part of it this season. Would rather cut Andre Roberts and eat that hit but open the spot for somebody who might get playing time. Cutting Griffin means you still need a #3 who isn't likely to play at all.

Cutting Robert is a 6mil hit actually. Nothing after the season.

Why would we cut him now, I assumed you knew I was talking about after the season was over.  So the point is things will work themselves out in the wash, no need to clean house.

Lets grab Fitz from the Jets after this season and have him play and help groom a rookie.  Couldn't be too bad.................

Seriously? I would rather they stick with KC and possibly bring in a rookie to groom. Hell, would even rather have Colt stay to groom a rookie. Some of you are expecting KC to play like Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers his first year as "the guy" which is beyond ridiculous. They are 2-4 and have really only been outplayed in 2 of those games, break it down further, only been outplayed in 2 quarters of those 2 blowout losses. Other 2 losses have been winnable. Patience is a virtue that many fans seem to lack. This team is much better than last year, and that includes the starting QB.

They win next week, go into the bye week 3-4, get healthy, (of course, they will be 3-5 after NE game) and everyone back, I believe they get to 6-9 wins this year. Hell, even 6 wins is a big improvement.

We don't have to clean house, we can cut Robert with no cap hit and KC is in the last year of his contract. We start with a clean slate at QB after this season.

Thats true (although I think we still need to give Cousins more time and make an evaluation at the end of the year absent a total melt down). Problem is IMO there is no QB coming out this year who is a real blue chip prospect and picking will as always be thin in free agency. If Cousins shows he is not the answer then there are no obvious solutions on the horizon even if we have a top 10 pick to work with.

He's talking about the coaching staff as well.

If we lose to TB I don't expect to Gruden to be around right after.  You could see Callahan moved to interim head coach/O-Line coach, with McV possibly staying the OC/playcaller - perhaps Callahan taking over play calling.

To me it would be a strong statement/move but at that point he'd really be a liability on the sidelines especially if he knew is job was over at year end.

If we lose to TB I don't expect to Gruden to be around right after.  You could see Callahan moved to interim head coach/O-Line coach, with McV possibly staying the OC/playcaller - perhaps Callahan taking over play calling.

To me it would be a strong statement/move but at that point he'd really be a liability on the sidelines especially if he knew is job was over at year end.

I wouldn't bet any money on that prediction

The Jets have a very good defense but a so so offense. Overall I would not say they are a very good team though.

Now its tough to beat anyone though when you have 9 starters out injured and to do it you need your QB to play at least a good game (if not a great game). Cousins did not play a good game today.

NFL is week to week. Eagles owned the Jets, we beat the Eagles... Coaching matters and we do not have enough of it in games. I said it earlier, in 22 games, a Jay Gruden led team have played four quarters exactly once, MNF last year in Dallas.

Cousins is up and down and varies between really bad and okay, but he is never really good. He needed to be really good today. Instead, in a tied game where the D had given him turnovers, he crapped th bed. Just a fact.

AlMo is done. He is slow and needs everything around him humming to be who he was, and things will not be perfect the rest of the season.

Injuries were a factor, but the D has no excuse for collapsing in the second half. They needed to continue to carry us and they were unable to do it. In general, the second halves have been ugly for them as a unit. The inability to touch the QB was a problem in this one.

We had an excellent draft. We compete better until the end. We have a long way to go.

Why would we cut him now, I assumed you knew I was talking about after the season was over.  So the point is things will work themselves out in the wash, no need to clean house.

No, I didn't assume that you meant after the season. Who knows what the next coach will see. He might say to McC "this guy has had a year to heal and practice. I think I can get something out of him." maybe he says the opposite. I'm saying clean house and bring in coaches/trainers that the GM wants.

McCloughan's stamp will not be on this team until he hires "HIS" coach. He can draft and trade for good players all he wants, but without his coach it isn't going to matter. Theo Epstein had to go a year or so with the incumbent manager of the Chicago Cubs when he became the GM there and when he got the chance to hire his man he got him in Joe Madden. I'm not saying today's loss was by any means Gruden's fault. I'm just saying that he is not McCloughan's coach and until our GM gets the coach he wants, we're just going to be spinning our wheels. And just a last thought, I couldn't help thinking everytime they showed Todd Bowles on the sideline of the Jets how that cat is a true Redskin from the Joe Gibbs glory days and he belongs on our sideline. 

McCloughan's stamp will not be on this team until he hires "HIS" coach. He can draft and trade for good players all he wants, but without his coach it isn't going to matter. 

Reading about Scot's experience in SF and comments since his hire, he strikes me the patient type as opposed to impatient.  I could be wrong but am doubting Scot is itchy to hit the reset button on the coaching staff.  

Seriously? I would rather they stick with KC and possibly bring in a rookie to groom. Hell, would even rather have Colt stay to groom a rookie. Some of you are expecting KC to play like Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers his first year as "the guy" which is beyond ridiculous. They are 2-4 and have really only been outplayed in 2 of those games, break it down further, only been outplayed in 2 quarters of those 2 blowout losses. Other 2 losses have been winnable. Patience is a virtue that many fans seem to lack. This team is much better than last year, and that includes the starting QB.

They win next week, go into the bye week 3-4, get healthy, (of course, they will be Someone with sense3-5 after NE game) and everyone back, I believe they get to 6-9 wins this year. Hell, even 6 wins is a big improvement.

Someone with sense.

Injuries, sminjuries.  1992, the Skins were losing players left and right. Joe Gibbs found a way to get the back into the playoffs and win a game.

Great coaches and even good coaches; find a way around injuries.  Gruden can't.  He can't coach anyway but you take away the starting players; and he's even worse.

To people who want McCoy in? Why exactly? He sucks too and if we're trying to stretch the field more, that makes no sense. RGIII can't go in because for a team that needs so much more talent, we cannot risk $16 million with his "never throw the ball away" mentality. It's Kirk till Week 17.

Get DeSean Jackson back and then switch to a QB that can barely throw past 20 yards? No thanks.

Because McCoy may be mediocre and not have a very strong arm but so is Kirk and at least McCoy doesn't consistently turn the ball over at horrible times in boneheaded ways. They're both game managers, but one is a game manager who cannot stop throwing it to the other team.

And stop with the DJax stuff. DJax is not going to make Kirk suddenly become accurate on his deep passes. It is Kirk's inability to go deep well that teams don't fear, not the fact that we don't have an elite deep threat.

Archived