Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2015 #Redskins at Jets Final

JimmiJo

It's going to be quite interesting to see the two scenarios presenting themselves.

A. Skins beat TB to go 3-4, which is frankly better than what most people predicted at the start of the year.

B. Skins loss to  TB to go 2-5 which will probably bring RG3 off the bench. 16 million dollar gamble worth a lost season?

Why would they go to RG3 if they bench Cousins? Given that McCoy has been the backup for the whole season and RG3 was only active today because all the injuries created a spot, it wouldn't make any sense. Unless the staff purposefully made RG3 3rd string to keep pressure off of Kirk, which would make me lose a lot of respect for the staff.  Barring Griffin renegotiating the $16 million to be more favorable to the Skins, I think he's played his last snap as a Skin.

But assuming the Skins beat Tampa and then lose to NE, they'll be 3-5 at the halfway point, which is exactly where they've been the past two years.  I expect the team not to crap the bed this season and have a decent finish to get them to 7-9 or 8-8, which won't get to the postseason, but a whole lot better that we have looked. 

I look at games by themselves.  I don't care about any history because I'm only ever talking about, in a game thread, this particular game.  I don't care about stats for any other game.  I don't need a data set to know that a pass behind a receiver is a bad throw, that a pass to a defender is a bad throw.  I don't need to see the clubs, diamonds, and hearts in order to call a spade a spade, you know?

And as someone in my field, I know that this is coming off as pretentious and like I'm being a dick, but I promise that I'm not.  I just want to be able to look at a game at a time, so as a scientist, please read the denotation and not connotation behind all of this. :)

I hear you man, no worries.  It's my analytical mind at play here, nothing else.  If the statistics said that 90% of passes from ALL qbs are behind the receiver, you wouldn't have such a negative thought on passes behind WRs. See what I'm saying?  I understand you look at 1 game at a time, I get it.  

Nothing pretentious in your responses.  Plus I have thick skin man, I can take it!  Have a good Sunday, I'm off.  

He has a point. Maybe he doesn't hate Morris but no way you run Thompson straight up the gut at the goal line instead of your legit back. Terrible coaching decision there in particular. Maybe Morris is hurt.

THEY WERE RUNNING IN THE HURRY UP.

Thompson is on the field for that and you can't just sub in and out. It's not that hard a concept to grasp

I have no idea who you are but I think this post is the epitome of what's wrong with this fan base. Always falling back on Snyder bashing when there are perfectly reasonable criticisms to be made about the team you just watched get violated in NY. He hired a GM and stepped back, now direct your ire where it belongs--towards the FO, towards the coaching staff, towards the players. People who immediately curse the owner after a game like this are usually morons. Don't be a moron. It's like when people curse the heavens after a guy rear-ends them in traffic. Dude, the perpetrator is right there, no need to look for someone higher on the chain of command to blame.

A company is only as good as it's owner and we have been bad for so long under his ownership. How many head coaches, how many QB's, how many GM's....do we have to go through before this team becomes a contender again? 

No annoyance, in any direction, but Kirk simply must play better.  He's been horrible.  Multiple picks, repeatedly.  He is just...bad. Hail.

Yeah. Run game does, too. Alfred Morris in particular. Oline can run block much better. Kerrigan needs to get back to what got him paid. Injuries are hurting us. Team is in its first year under Scot who is building the depth.

Yeah, intense focus is intense. Kirk sucked today and has been up and down in general... but that's just one thing. It's weird how everything about this team has changed so that the focus isn't so much on the QB anymore, even according to the organization themselves all offseason... yet many fans aren't getting the message. Still overly obsessed.   

A company is only as good as it's owner and we have been bad for so long under his ownership. How many head coaches, how many QB's, how many GM's....do we have to go through before this team becomes a contender again?

GMs good...need some more improvements though

He has a point. Maybe he doesn't hate Morris but no way you run Thompson straight up the gut at the goal line instead of your legit back. Terrible coaching decision there in particular. Maybe Morris is hurt.

Dude. They were in the 2:00 offense and trying to keep the defense from rotating fresh guys in.

This was the result of asking Kirk to be more than what we asked him to be this season. We wanted him to throw it 20-25 or so times a game, maybe 30 if we got into a shootout. The offense was supposed to be predicated on running the ball. Well, we ran for 34 yards today...the Jets ran for 222. There's your football game. Their defense didn't need to stack the box, they just sat back and let us kill ourselves.

The offense will continue to be terrible until the run game is fixed or until Jackson's presence forces teams to be weary of a pass past 10 yards. We just tried to win a game vs. a top 5 defense by throwing it 4-8 yards every play. That will never, ever work. Ever.

Really wanted to sit down and bring back the observation thread this week. (I was holding off the first 4 to see how we looked with a stable QB, better players, new staff et all. Then through a combination of weddings, other sporting commitments and other things it got delayed further.). 

Now I really don't want to. 

Hail. 

Well, to be honest, the only thing that is in observation right now is our injury list...

We've got so many players in it, that Kiko Alonso and Sam Bradford would fit in perfectly in this group!

Conn chill bro...people are just venting. We all have the same goal. Better to vent in words than kick the dog smash the tv or beat the kids

I have no idea what you're telling me to chill about, that was a calm post. If someone says something stupid, I'm going to point it out and say why, just like always.

Lets be real guys, like I said in the perdiction thread, there is no way we could win this game with the injuries we have.  Very telling was the OL today, not so much on protecting, which IMO did decent, but on run blocking.  They were horrid.  When you suppose to be a running team first and you have not gone over 100 yards as a team 4 games in a row, you are not going to win anything.  And yet we won a game, and were very close to wining another last week.  But the running game issues have to be fixed.

I have no idea what you're telling me to chill about, that was a calm post. If someone says something stupid, I'm going to point it out and say why, just like always.

Ok man... I'm laughing my ass off over here, I have no other option. Not at you, just our ****ed up team

Well, to be honest, the only thing that is in observation right now is our injury list...

We've got so many players in it, that Kiko Alonso and Sam Bradford would fit in perfectly in this group!

That's a part of it but there's a heck of a lot more brother. 

Just the bad is yet gain outweighing the good as always with out mutual passion. 

Hail. 

That's too simplistic, and anyone with a rational view of the situation can see that. He hired a real GM that everyone loves, for the first time. **** what happened the last 15 years. Sit back and see how it goes, then complain. Until then it's irrational whining.

Ok man... I'm laughing my ass off over here, I have no other option. Not at you, just our ****ed up team

I laughed after the punt block for a TD. Of course we do something awesome like that at the end of a blowout, just like the KR TD against the Giants.

Archived