Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2015 #Redskins at Jets Final

JimmiJo

I know its tough when the offense is producing little, but I was a little discouraged by the defense today.  The ball hawking causing the three turnovers was nice, but if not for them, the Jets probably would've put up 40 (they also missed a field goal).  Are Hall and Culliver that much better than who was out there?

Maybe a "Fizzy Bubbly" would sweeten your mood today? Need a hug?

Any positive views outta "Shiv-ville?" It's only a game man.

It's hard to be mad when you know the team is going to do this almost every year. I'd be mad if I had the expectation that the franchise could turn it around. I'm more just dissapointed they can't figure out a way to get any better. I'm always expected to "give it time". Is a quarter decade not enough time?

You can tell me I should be more positive and pretend you're a better fan than me but it doesn't matter in the end. My fandom is what I chose it to be. If you don't like it, move along and ignore my posts.

If I were the owner and this was happening and I had just hired a widely renowned GM who I completely trusted and he came to me and said "this HC is not getting it done, and in my opinion, he won't" and said we should look elsewhere, I would trust his judgement.

Sure but there's no evidence that SM has said, or thinks that.

I know its tough when the offense is producing little, but I was a little discouraged by the defense today. The ball hawking causing the three turnovers was nice, but if not for them, the Jets probably would've put up 40 (they also missed a field goal). Are Hall and Culliver that much better than who was out there?

Breeland is great, but Culliver is probably the best CB we have. The injuries also force people to take roles they're not suited for.

The safety spot is also a mess. Ihenacho has a big loss.

They're working around having Larry/Mo and Curly in the secondary.

The issue today with the D is that they got bullied up-front. And the offense didn't help out, especially when they ran like 8 plays and had 2 turnovers in the 3rd quarter.

Sure but there's no evidence that SM has said, or thinks that.

Breeland is great, but Culliver is probably the best CB we have. The injuries also force people to take roles they're not suited for.

The safety spot is also a mess. Ihenacho has a big loss.

They're working around having Larry/Mo and Curly in the secondary.

The issue today with the D is that they got bullied up-front. And the offense didn't help out, especially when they ran like 8 plays and had 2 turnovers in the 3rd quarter.

Not to mention the injury to Junior Galette.

I know its tough when the offense is producing little, but I was a little discouraged by the defense today.  The ball hawking causing the three turnovers was nice, but if not for them, the Jets probably would've put up 40 (they also missed a field goal).  Are Hall and Culliver that much better than who was out there?

The problem wasn't the secondary with the defense. The front seven hasn't been able to stop the run the past two games and gets little pressure on the QB. Barry also plays that soft cover 3 that allows all the underneath 6-7 yarders to be completions. Our LBs or DL couldn't get to the QB today. Fitzpatrick had all day to throw and did you see his 18-yard TD run, no push from the DL. 

Barry needs to do a better job to get pressure on the QB. Kerrigan and Murphy have been missing in action so he has to start blitzing more. Robinson and Riley Jr. have been bad the past few weeks as well. 

It all starts at the front. Can't blame everything on the secondary. The strength of the defense is supposed to be the front seven and they don't have any injuries either. 

They played fairly tough in the first half, that's a real positive.

Major step back in 2nd half. I'm just gonna chalk all this up to the Meadowlands.

On to next week and TB... Of course they're coming off the bye so they may be slightly favored. Ugh

Then that's a dumb reason.

Fans have no obligation to be smart or rational. Fact is Jay came in with a puffed-up chest for a first time coach, which is also his right but he opened himself for scrutiny and to date it looks like a bad hire. He doesn't inspire, he gets out schemed, he married himself to mediocre QB, his offense is vanilla, etc.

If he gets a third year it will be on the team not wanting to start over yet again, not based on merit. In all likelihood he will end this season with fewer wins than Jim Zorn after two seasons and his offense has been every bit as much challenged. Not impressed.

I didn't see an explanation yet, but why are the Skins so flat coming out of the half?  It doesn't matter if they are on offense or defense, they seem to be a totally lesser team at the start of the 3rd quarter.  Is it that other teams adjust and the skins don't?  

I doubt those two turnovers that resulted in Jets TDs helped either. The wind went out of our sails pretty damn fast at that point.

Fans have no obligation to be smart or rational. Fact is Jay came in with a puffed-up chest for a first time coach, which is also his right but he opened himself for scrutiny and to date it looks like a bad hire. He doesn't inspire, he gets out schemed, he married himself to mediocre QB, his offense is vanilla, etc.

If he gets a third year it will be on the team not wanting to start over yet again, not based on merit. In all likelihood he will end this season with fewer wins than Jim Zorn after two seasons and his offense has been every bit as much challenged. Not impressed.

Puffed up chest? Lol how man?

Also, if he played RG3, isn't that still being married to a mediocre QB?

Why do you say he's married himself to KC, Robert sucked so he chose to go with KC.  Its not like he has much choice, he didn't draft KC or Robert, he's not even playing the only QB he picked.  Its ok to be mad that we suck, I'm with you but I don't get your logic.

Why do you say he's married himself to KC, Robert sucked so he chose to go with KC. Its not like he has much choice, he didn't draft KC or Robert, he's not even playing the only QB he picked. Its ok to be mad that we suck, I'm with you but I don't get your logic.

There's no rationale in that argument. Don't even try to understand it lol

Why do you say he's married himself to KC, Robert sucked so he chose to go with KC.  Its not like he has much choice, he didn't draft KC or Robert, he's not even playing the only QB he picked.  Its ok to be mad that we suck, I'm with you but I don't get your logic.

He married himself to Cousins when he chose him to start over the guy the owner is friends with, was the second pick in the draft and the team paid a huge price for. When you make that decision as a coach. You are banking your future on it.

He married himself to Cousins when he chose him to start over the guy the owner is friends with, was the second pick in the draft and the team paid a huge price for. When you make that decision as a coach. You are banking your future on it.

I would agree if Robert hadn't already played 3 seasons with his last 2 in a pro style offense being terrible. Its conceivable Gruden and Scott got desperate and tried to see how KC would do because they knew KC would mask the O line deficiencies and if he somehow forgot how to throw int's he would save the season and make them look like a geniuses.

How can you ask a new coach to come in and run his offense but then you make him use a player who doesn't fit because he's the owners buddy, just sounds nutty.

Major step back in 2nd half. I'm just gonna chalk all this up to the Meadowlands.

On to next week and TB... Of course they're coming off the bye so they may be slightly favored. Ugh

They've played well in the 1st half all year out scoring their opponents 66-35.

2nd half the skins have been out scored 97-51. That's called getting out coached.

Man, if some of you were owners, you guys would be replacing HCs and cleaning house during half times. 3-4 going into the bye week would be considered a success before season started, not sure why all of a sudden expectations seem to have changed. Yes, they are still a better team, but building a winning team takes time. Again, this team is on the right track.

So you're guaranteeing a win against Tampa? Don't you think that's a bit optimistic at this point? We can't run, we can't pass and our defense is getting gashed all of a sudden. 2-5 going into the bye is an real option at this point. If that happens things are going to get ugly.

Its hard to say anything horrible against the defense the got three turnovers.  They where on the field most of the second half, the major turning point in the game was the Revis INT deep in Redskins territory. That was the major swing in momentum  that the Jets needed. Every team in the NFL deals with injuries but the performance that accord today offensively is unacceptable 26 yards total rushing. am not going to blame it on one person there is enough blame to go around. But things have to change quick or the second half of the season could get very bad. IMHO the offense looks too predictable and watered down.  

It's hard to be mad when you know the team is going to do this almost every year. I'd be mad if I had the expectation that the franchise could turn it around. I'm more just dissapointed they can't figure out a way to get any better. I'm always expected to "give it time". Is a quarter decade not enough time?

You can tell me I should be more positive and pretend you're a better fan than me but it doesn't matter in the end. My fandom is what I chose it to be. If you don't like it, move along and ignore my posts.

We are all frustrated and wanting better. I appreciate your passion for our team which we both share. Its hard to see sunlight on such a ****storm of a day. I hear you man. I want better also. We deserve better.

Even on the worst days of our own personal lives we find a reason to get up and try again. Similarly when we see the slaughter coming many Sundays, somehow we wake up every each Sunday morning with a ray of hope.

Thats all we have.

Together.

As Redskins fans.

Hate me or love me. I don't give a ****. I don't know you. Just don't quit on our team. I need to remember the same. Sometimes they make that really ****ing hard for us.

It is not Hall or Culliver. We could not stop the run this week or last. We also could not run this week or last. We were in the game today for awhile because we got some early turnovers. Once the rested Jets started pounding us with their running game it was all over. The Redskins are a running team and if we cant run we are lost.

Ever notice how we always seem to be playing teams coming off a bye?

Its hard to say anything horrible against the defense the got three turnovers.  They where on the field most of the second half, the major turning point in the game was the Revis INT deep in Redskins territory. That was the major swing in momentum  that the Jets needed. Every team in the NFL deals with injuries but the performance that accord today offensively is unacceptable 26 yards total rushing. am not going to blame it on one person there is enough blame to go around. But things have to change quick or the second half of the season could get very bad. IMHO the offense looks too predictable and watered down.  

Forget the offence, we were destroyed 2 weeks in a row by the Falcons and Jets running games. I thought we were going to have a improved D line with the addition of pot roast but our D line has been a no show the last 2 weeks. We cannot stop the run and we cannot pressure the passer. Impos to win when you have these problems.

Forget the offence, we were destroyed 2 weeks in a row by the Falcons and Jets running games. I thought we were going to have a improved D line with the addition of pot roast but our D line has been a no show the last 2 weeks. We cannot stop the run and we cannot pressure the passer. Impos to win when you have these problems.

Falcons made the dline work sideline to sideline and they couldnt do it. Jets watched gametape and started doing the same thing. When the Jets ran up the middle, they werent getting such easy yards.

Why do you say he's married himself to KC, Robert sucked so he chose to go with KC. Its not like he has much choice, he didn't draft KC or Robert, he's not even playing the only QB he picked. Its ok to be mad that we suck, I'm with you but I don't get your logic.

He did not manage any of the three guys well last season, but he was absolutely brutal to Robert. It was almost like he was pissed the guy couldn't figure out his offense and he crapped on him every chance he got from pretty early on in the season. Not having a QB coach last season was a mistake if you are putting in a whole new passing scheme, calling the plays and are a new HC.

He married himself to Kirk this season the second he went another direction after Robert's concussion. Honestly, I'm still not convinced he didn't have Robert out there with Willie Smith at LT in the preseason rooting for an injury... Let's just say he wasn't heartbroken. John Keim has written about the affect of Gruden talking about his QBs, Rob has always rubbed him the wrong way. Is Robert blameless, no, his play was poor... But Gruden is such a system guy he picked Cousins and that system over RGIII and a system that might have played to his strengths and considering what the franchise gave up for Robert... I would say that is marrying yourself to a guy. Two years if Suckage would be cause for termination when you make that move after being hired to be the guy to teach RGIII how to play in an NFL offense.

You could be right, maybe I am just pissed at the way it has all shook out, but I don't understand why it had to be all or nothing with the transition. Why keep the ZBS in the run game based on personnel on the roster but then force a bad system down the throat of your QB? I don't get it.

Archived