Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What the ref?

Burgold

Not buying in to that conspiracy. Seem's ridiculous

the NFL has to deal with protesters for the Redskins name as well as the Skins themselves.  Keeping the Skins irrelevant makes it less of a big deal.  As I recall there were protesters in 91 at the Super Bowl and it would be bigger and louder now

The simpliest answer is often the right one. The fact, is officiating sucks all over the NFL. And that the worst teams are reffed by the worst reffing crews.... But yeah, there's something about that in the conspiracy theory, some Refs admitting they didn't want to ref our games because of the name. So...

Occams Razor. There's no conspiracy, Jerome Boger and his affiliating crew, are just inferior. They "suck" on so many levels of officiating, it cannot be quantified. I literally weep every single time I'm notified that they're supervising our game. Every single ****ing time.

You do realize that was 27 years ago. A good percentage of the people on this board were not even born when that happened.

But way to bring the strong argument.

Thank you

I appreciate your appreciation - my point is still valid - bad calls do not destroy good teams

the NFL has to deal with protesters for the Redskins name as well as the Skins themselves.  Keeping the Skins irrelevant makes it less of a big deal.  As I recall there were protesters in 91 at the Super Bowl and it would be bigger and louder now

This perspective harbors more social relevance and cultural magnitude than this thread can contain, which isn't relevant within the "Stadium." Regardless of the prospective controversy surrounding the name of the team, I value little validity in the notion that officiating crews penalize the team based on the name. Today's catastrophe, officiating wise, was all Boger. 

Thank you

I appreciate your appreciation - my point is still valid

Your point to disprove bad reffing is by pointing out bad reffing... or is that one example 27 years ago when there was no instant in replay invalidates every bad call today?

Pretty weak point if you ask me.

The Redskins were horribly reffed in the second quarter. You can believe it was a result of sheer Mr. Magoo level blindness and incompetence or you can think that there was something else going on. You can even think there's something in the middle, but to think the Redskins weren't horribly reffed is ridiculous.

Hatcher said it outright. The refs call games against us because of the name. I don't doubt it at this point.

Mike Cary refused to officiate our games because he was offended by the team name.

But I don't think today was the result of social justice, I think it's just another day in this ****ty product we call the NFL

This perspective harbors more social relevance and cultural magnitude than this thread can contain, which isn't relevant within the "Stadium." Regardless of the prospective controversy surrounding the name of the team, I value little validity in the notion that officiating crews penalize the team based on the name. Today's catastrophe, officiating wise, was all Boger. 

Remember Boger just announces all the penalties, he doesn't call them all.

I wonder if NFL officiating would change at all if every guy was miked and the guy who throws the flag announces the penalty?

I'd prefer the players not blame the refs, even if they may have a legit beef.

Maybe Gruden went into halftime and let the team sulk over the horrendous reffing then they come out in the 2nd half and make everyone believe that the reffing wasn't even a factor because they played like ****.

Either way, those refs should've been flogged at midfield post-game.

last time Boger's crew officiated a game for us was week 4 against the Eagles.

Trenton Robinson was called for 2 unnecessary roughness calls the lead to Philadelphia scoring drives.

Both were deemed incorrect calls after the fact by the NFL.

yet there is no reprimand or punishment.

Fine them....but their union will never allow it

And then we get the replacements....

only answer is to make everything reviewable....why the **** not? let them look at their judgements in slo-mo

I hate what this league has become.  What is this, little **** weakling **** football?  No, YOU CAN HIT THE OPPOSING PLAYER.  

Soft league.  I wish they would get rid of that stupid targeting/too hard of hit penalty.  So dumb.

And I'm talking about the Culliver pick 6.

Hatcher said it outright. The refs call games against us because of the name. I don't doubt it at this point.

I don't doubt it either cause Mike Carey has already stated that he didn't want to ref our games because of the name. Very interesting.

The Culliver reversal changed the complexion of the game. Would we still have won? Who knows. The way we play defense, probably not, but again, who knows? We'd have the lead and the momentum. Then of course there was the Reed "hold" on the Cousins long run that negated a 1st and goal.

We're talking about a completely different game.

This is pretty close to where I stand on the two HUGE calls in this game. In total, those calls were AT LEAST a 20 point swing and very possibly a 24 point swing. Now, to be clear, I don't think there's a conspiracy or anything. I just think the calls were horrible. We got a couple horrible calls too (the 15-yarder on the kick off comes to mind). The problem was that they just didn't lead to anyting substantial. 

Until we forgot to show up for the second half, I was ready to blame the refs for this loss. But, even without these calls I still think we likely lose today's game. But, much like the NE game where the drops didn't allow us to see how close we could have come, we never got a shot to see what a level playing field would have become. 

When the refs huddled for 15-20 seconds after the Culliver play, I was sure they were going to pick up the flag. I would have really loved to see how the rest of that game plays out at either 21-14 Redskins (after the Culliver play) or 28-21 Panthers (after the Reed play). Again, I still don't see how we win today's game, but even a 41-27 loss would have felt a lot better. 

i was at work during the game, my son who is in his 20s gets very upset over the games when the officials do this stuff, I texted my wife and asked her if my son was over reacting - she never complains about the ref replied - the NFL wants Carolina to win - it is obvious with the 2nd quarter officiating. I was shocked by her response. She is always level headed and never blames the refs.

All I can say after seeing a review of the non TD is the NFL must change its rules on receivers who lower themselves and get hit in the head to a non penalty, if they dont change this rule and a few others that take away defense the NFL will be dead in 10-15 years as a major sport when people grow tired of the inconsistant reading of the rules by each crew.

Remember Boger just announces all the penalties, he doesn't call them all.

I wonder if NFL officiating would change at all if every guy was miked and the guy who throws the flag announces the penalty?

I know, I just strongly dislike Boger and his crew. shamelessly biased, in that regard.

Archived