Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What the ref?

Burgold

I'm still wondering why in so many professionnal sports, players are paid millions, teams make billions, federation even more, lots of TV, superstars all over the field... Money is every whre on the field...

Except for those guys in charge of the game, the referees that are part time guys...

That happens in almost any sport. You've got a bunch of pro being ruled by amateurs.

Rulebook also is one hell of a thing for any ref (see above!). They change every year, they're even more complex... Too much complex in fact. Who can tell me, by the rule, what is a catch today? If a player got the ball in his hands and control of it, it's a catch. Simple as that, to me. Not for the NFL rules. In a few years, NFL rulebook will be harder to read and understand than the french code of work (4k+ pages!).

And if they want a smoother game, less commercials!

I now more clearly see the appeal of fantasy football. Better to cheer for players that you pick to form a team, than have a vested interest in cheering for an actual team in a particular game, largely due to that team's actual chance of winning is so impacted by the crappy rules that have been foisted upon us.

Watching Giants/Saints all I can say is "What the ref?"

If Mara hasn't paid the refs off... He at least owes them a real nice Christmas bonus (like their own Caribbean Island)

This has happened is every Giants game I've seen going back I have no idea how many years. For Instance, 2011, their SB year, anybody remember all that ref BS that year?

I think one of the teams that were absolutely destroying the Giants and the refs wouldn't stop, then that play where I think it was Victor Cruz fumbled but it wasn't a fumble because he had "given up" and he was actually down even though nobody on the field was within 5 yards of him.

One of the reasons that Desean Jackson punt return TD was so awesome to end that game when he was in Philly was because the refs had been gifting the Giants all game with BS calls but Jackson denied all that BS with one play.

• 3 weeks later...

Seriously, what the ****ing ref????

Could the zebras be more determined to screw a team than that? Culiver's pick 6 reversed. Feet gettting tangled up is pass interference on an uncatchable ball. And a defensive holding call in which the receiver was never impeded?

Even the TV ref seemed embarrassed by the Culliver personal foul.

Terrible. Terrible. Terrible.

Boger is incompetent or corrupt, his entire crew is responsible (even non-Skins games, though I'd like to see the stats to see if penalties go up) for making games not only unwatchable but for making you suspect that someone is on the take.

Case in point, Kirk's "fumble" where he was down but they didn't even try to ****ing review it.

Getting tired of it.

BTW, not kidding that Mara needs to be removed from any role on competition or rules committees or any disciplinary power.

I have a suspicion that he actually is behind some of what we see.

Yeah, this level of incompetence is not probable. The reason is the "make up" calls to make it appear like they are calling even numbers. No way, the timing isn't intentional. There is a malicious consciousness to how and when they are throwing flags. Refs absolutely refused to let the Panthers not score on that one drive and too many other calls that go too perfectly to ensure Carolina has the edge.

This isn't bad reffing. This is a screw job.

I almost wish the next time this happened they literally just stopped trying.  Like, lie down on the field on every opposing offensive play.  Every opposing kickoff becomes a TD.  Literally have Kirk hand the ball to a defender with a handshake.

Let them score 250 points, and just utterly destroy the media for a week.

Have a reel ready to go and sent to every media outlet of every garbage call and non-call we've suffered.

Do that, and tell Goodell that we're out of revenue sharing if things don't get tightened up REAL fast.

Got to do something.  We get screwed and just take it like a prison ****.

But let's completely ignore our stupid turnovers and encroaching four times. Yeh, this is all on the refs. Riiiiiight.

At least one of those turnovers wasn't a turnover. It was a fiction called by the refs who then refused to review it under 2 minutes.

Another legitimate turnover they reversed and then kept gifting Carolina with free first downs until they finally got a touchdown.

Refs are a huge part of this game. Redskins fell apart eventually, but the second quarter belonged to the refs.

But let's completely ignore our stupid turnovers and encroaching four times. Yeh, this is all on the refs. Riiiiiight.

Knock it off.

We can be a mediocre undisciplined team and still get utterly ****ed by the refs.

People act like we have to be mistake free before refs can screw us. All teams make mistakes, some more than others, but that doesn't magically make garbage calls not garbage, or blatant non-calls not blatant non-calls.

Hell, if we played mistake free today, we'd probably still have at least 5 penalties for 60 yards.

This game is about MOMENTUM. The refs HANDED them momentum, even though we would have been heading into the half with a significant lead, especially when you add in the ghost hold on Jordan Reed that would have had us in position to go up 28-14 if the game had been called correctly. We definitely fell apart after that, and that's on the players and the coaches, but this officiating was nothing short of putrid.

Same thing every week. Sounds like a bunch of babies crying to me.

Your militant naivete would be cute if it wasn't giving Goodell and the NFL HQ the cover they need to not fix their garbage reffing.

Even if we presuppose it's not fixed, it's still so terrible that anyone with eyes can see they need to rectify it league-wide.

The Culliver reversal changed the complexion of the game. Would we still have won? Who knows. The way we play defense, probably not, but again, who knows? We'd have the lead and the momentum. Then of course there was the Reed "hold" on the Cousins long run that negated a 1st and goal.

We're talking about a completely different game.

I don't blame the refs as much as I do the nonsense rules this league has forced upon us.  From not being allowed to even make incidental contact to the head to a receiver having to make three steps before a reception is granted.......they need to seriously look at this rule book in the offseason.

I don't blame the refs as much as I do the nonsense rules this league has forced upon us.  From not being allowed to even make incidental contact to the head to a receiver having to make three steps before a reception is granted.......they need to seriously look at this rule book in the offseason.

If it happens to the Patriots or another one of the Chosen Ones, it gets reviewed.  If it happens to us... meh. 

Archived