Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Well, well, well. Woulda look at that. :-)

TK

I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop when opposing teams figure out his schemes... but that's the pessimist in me.

The optimist says that execution usually wins out. Great teams don't trick you... they just outplay you. I remember Grimm saying that defenses knew what was coming. They just couldn't do anything about it.

Sample size is rather small and against rather... meh teams... but it was still a nice sight to behold. If they can win 2 of the next 3 in the fashion they just did while maintaining their statistical dominance in the running game and defense it'll probably worth considering at a trend. For now, solid win... move onto the next, no reason to toot our own horns.... yet... but I'll happily eat crow if they do give us a reason to toot over the next few weeks. I thought we'd be in for 3-5 wins tops this season :0 

This defense though, I think has real hope for it. Would like to see more Preston Smith as the season progresses. Culliver comes back next week too right? Should improve odds against weird Giants team. 

Last season we were also the #1 Defense and had the #3 rushing attack after the first two games...

We need to remember that the defense last season didn't start out at #31 and stay there all year.

I'm optimistic, but yeah, important to keep things in perspective.  Last year was almost the same way.  Close loss to Houston, followed by us trouncing JAX.  We then played Philly close, and then got wrecked by the Giants, and generally struggled until the two wins mid-season, and then the bottom fell out mostly.

Hopefully, this year is different.  Miami is kinda like Houston, but the Rams shouldn't be anything like JAX.  The next four weeks will likely tell the tale.  Here's to hoping those numbers hold strong.

:(

Just had to bring that up

Party pooper. lol

(Blazing Saddles pic)

There's only one kinda blanket worse'n a wet blanket.

LOL :lol: :lol:

To be fair...our 1st 2 games last year were against the Texans, & the Jags. 2 offenses dwelling at the bottom of the league.

Compared to the 1st 2 this year...while hardly world-beaters, we had a team that many believe in offensively in Miami, & a Rams team that scored 31pts vs Seattle.

I'm riding the wait n'see train as well...but i can hardly bring myself to compare those 2 statistical similarities as relative.

Can't look at it that way...extremely flawed logic.

The best way to look at it is to understand that every team in the league can have a good game. The difference is good teams have them consistently. Last year we weren't able to keep doing what we did in the first two games with any kind of consistency. Maybe the real differentiator will be that Barry can keep the D performing at a consistent level as where Haslett could only do it for a few games before everything bottomed out. Not to mention, Scot M giving Barry better players and better depth--I think last year we had Amerson as starter for damn near the entire season. This year? We just cut him lol...

I looked. And my initial observation is you need to upgrade to iOS 9. Boss Man. 

Longer battery life.  ;)

Hail.

I updated both the 6+ & the Air 2 the day iOS 9 was released.

Guess what I'm doing right now. That's right. Updating the watch I just picked up to OS2. Ya know, since it was released today. :)

If it makes you feel better, Thursday I'll tell SJ9 you said Hi.

Maybe. :)

It's a short blanket, right? A short blanket is bad. Then, it makes you decide which parts of you are the most valuable.

I was thinking a plague blanket, but a short blanket can be pretty bad too.

Edit: Not that I was calling anyone that... I just figured I'd give my answer.

Even as a perennial pessimist, this feels damned good.

I'm with brandymac, **** being the underdog.  I want to be disappointed at an 11-5 season, mad that we didn't beat the Cowboys by 30 BOTH times that year, and annoyed that we let the other team stick around through the third quarter in the Super Bowl before blowing them out like birthday candles.

Not sure where we go from here, but this is smile-worthy.

Archived