Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Well, well, well. Woulda look at that. :-)

TK

The D has done a great job with the run game and put offenses in predictable situations. It's been fun to see offenses consistently in 3rd and long situations. With that said, the first two games have pitted skins against to average qbs and supporting casts. Encouraging up to this pint though.

Team still leads you to drinking, huh?

I'm waiting to see what they do Thurs against a desperate team. YOU KNOW the Giants are going to be all out. I WANT..REALLY WANT...the Skins to FRIGGING CRUSH em at Metro and keep seeing the camera pan to the owners box. I want PAY BACK so bad I can taste it....

IF they come out and run dominate...I just *might* renew my NFL package for th rest of the season

They lay another egg on National TV.....damn..

When 9 times out of every 10 the ride usually ends up in a tragic crash, you tend to be wary of the road.

Don't worry though, if we've really turned a corner, I'll be first in line for that crow pie.

I use to have a demolition derby track in my yard. It was great.

I'll enjoy the ride every step of the way. With as rarely as we've won the last few years, I will squeeze every bit of sweet sweet joy out of it that I can.

When 9 times out of every 10 the ride usually ends up in a tragic crash, you tend to be wary of the road.

Don't worry though, if we've really turned a corner, I'll be first in line for that crow pie.

On the other hand, we've rode high and crashed so many times, it's like what the heck... let's do it again.

I'm going to be PISSED if we don't win the division. Superbowl, baby!

On the other hand, we've rode high and crashed so many times, it's like what the heck... let's do it again.

Haha....I'm in the same position.  I always SAY I'm not going to get my hopes up.  But damn if I don't think Superbowl at the first decent play of the season.  At least some of us have admitted to ourselves and can now accept it.

2 games. It's 2 games. How bout we revisit after 6? 8?

Just remember, Jim Zorn was 6-2 his first year.

Whether it's 2 games or a full season - all sample sizes in football are too small.  Let's enjoy each win as they come since they have been few and far between.

Our D puts the NASTY in DYNASTY!

love this quote from the Freaky Jean... Redskins culture, meet change ... change, this is Redskins culture. 

"I understand everybody's giving us compliments and everything," Jean Francois said. "That's great. Leave that to the fans. Leave that to the media to talk about. For us, that's just the way we play. We've got to go out there, break the man in front of you. We've got to hit. We've got to play Redskin football, basically." http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000537647/article/redskins-team-mantra-break-the-man-in-front-of-you

Last season we were also the #1 Defense and had the #3 rushing attack after the first two games...

We need to remember that the defense last season didn't start out at #31 and stay there all year.

I'm not sold yet either. I do see a couple things that seemed to have been improved on though. And that is both lines. I think we are significantly better on each side than we have been in a long time. I love how Moses looks like he could be a bookend tackle for us to match Trent. Our 1st round pick is starting to really look the part, and brings some really "nasty" to the OL. Instead of the right side being a joke, we're able to be balanced in our run plays and we don't have a turnstile on passing plays. Defensively......I'm surprised. I liked the upgrades, but really had no faith in Joe Barry. I'm still not sold on him and I see some things that bother me, but the front 3 has been stout.

They really went away from the run last game. I feel like they panicked, which is unfortunate. The defense was more disconcerting. Everyone knows you need to hit Eli and he'll cower like a wounded dog, but we played back all game long. It's only three games, but this team needs to respond and be an angry dog this week. Crush a disoriented Eagles team. I still have a lot of concerns about our head coach and DC.

They really went away from the run last game. I feel like they panicked, which is unfortunate. The defense was more disconcerting. Everyone knows you need to hit Eli and he'll cower like a wounded dog, but we played back all game long. It's only three games, but this team needs to respond and be an angry dog this week. Crush a disoriented Eagles team. I still have a lot of concerns about our head coach and DC.

I agree with you about the defensive scheme...it felt very passive. But the defense held up relatively well when you consider that we gifted them a 10-yard field on their first scoring drive and gave up another touchdown on a 3rd-and-10 deflection. Of the 32 points NY scored, you could give the D a pass on 16 of them.  

I agree with you about the defensive scheme...it felt very passive. But the defense held up relatively well when you consider that we gifted them a 10-yard field on their first scoring drive and gave up another touchdown on a 3rd-and-10 deflection. Of the 32 points NY scored, you could give the D a pass on 16 of them.  

I will say this, it's been incredibly refreshing that we've seen 3 and outs more often. It felt like we never did under Haslett... like teams would at least flip the field position on us pretty much every drive. 

Thus far, we actually go stretches in a game where the opposing offense is completely stifled. Even against the Giants, the defense gave the offense a lot of chances to get back into the game.  

Yep the Giants were playing to stop the run - and Kirk failed at taking advantage of that.  He had better improve each week going forward  or we may see a new head coach some time this season or next year.

And a new QB sometime well before then (not that they're likely to do any better).  He was benched last year for Colt, no reason he might not be for someone else this year.

Archived