Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2015 #Redskins verses Rams (Final)

JimmiJo

Yeah, that definately wasnt him out there on the edge laying the block that got Jones into the endzone. ;)

But watch the play again, he barely made it out there.  Jones almost had to wait for him to catch up, then Jones kinda pushes him in front as Lavauo lunges at somebody to get in the way.  Hey, it worked, but I stand by my comment. 

Those guys are fantastic. Two incredibly tough tests to start the season and they handled it extremely well. Im really excited about them moving forward together. That's 3/5 of the OL that are just massive beasts and should be longterm starters (fingers crossed)

Lauvao I can take or leave. Although he needs to get credit for having a really good game today. We killed them running left and he was a key reason.

Kory is actually pretty good IMO. He's been steady at center. He had a nice game today too, doing a good job holding his blocks against a terrifying interior line today. He got beat by Fairley for a sack, but Kirk stepped up into the sack avoiding the pressure elsewhere and had nowhere to throw.

I want to see what we have in Arie Kouandjio eventually, but I like this line and want to see them stay together for a while to see how good they can be.

Saw this on the Rams board, and it just made me laugh. Rams fans arguing over whether or not they should tolerate a Skins fan on the board after a loss:

Sure people have the right to post. Doesn't mean it's good form. Maybe it's just me. I know the Rams got out played today. I watched every snap. But I don't care how well mannered a guy is if he comes to my house and says "Don't feel bad about losing your girl to me. I'm getting a promotion and a raise. I know you tried your best to keep her, but it just wasn't meant to be."

LOL, as someone who's been on the other side way too often, that guy is exactly right. Very well put, disappointed Rams fan. 

Gruden went heavy with the running game today which was good with Morris and Jones, except the fumble.  Cousins only had to make a hand full of plays, but made them when he had to.  Almost threw a customary INT, thank God he didn't.  Don't like going to face the 0-2 Vagaints at all on a short week.  That game is going to be a tough SOB no question.  

Uh...you know Morris has a history of fumbles, right?

HAD. carried the rock a ton last year and had two fumbles. None so far this year. I love jones and we all should. He's more explosive for sure. But Morris absolutely averages over five ypc today as well if he carries a bigger chunk and didn't always get garbage carries in obvious situations.

Again, by no means am I bashing jones. But as good as jones looked today people need to not forget how good Morris looked last week. He absolutely bulldozed three or four Dolphins just like jones did today. Jones is a helluva back but I still don't think you bench Morris on multiple drives all day for Jones. That is all I'm saying.

Playing not to lose

As good as his route running and footwork are there, Reed never seems make anyone miss once he has the ball.

Lol then he goes for 29.

My man we must be watching a different guy. Reed makes people miss AND breaks tackles all the time. As long as he's on the field lol

Now i will say i have some optimism for Cousins. He played well and didnt turn over the ball. Team morale was high. If he can continue to play relatively turnover free football (unless he was God he will have some turnovers here and there) we will be fine. That was really good to see because we hadnt really seen a complete game from him in a real long time.

Archived