Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2015 #Redskins verses Rams (Final)

JimmiJo

Still not sold on gruden.... Half time adjustments aren't his thing and I think the players played better than he coached..

Hell I'M NOT SOLD on Gruden. I wanted Darrell Bevell really badly and was disappointed when we hired Gruden. I love his honesty and I like how the offense this year is beginning to look. Is he the coach to take us to the Superbowl? Probably not. He's a solid coach that knows how to get good results out of average QBs. But he gets an inordinate amount of hate from some fans here, and I strongly suspect it's because they're angry RG3 failed in Washington. 

Great execution in the first, second, and fourth quarters. We avoided most of the big mistakes we killed ourselves with last week. I thought it was a pretty clean game and our defense was pretty much perfect. But the offense is still a bit of a work in progress. Jordan Reed is going to have to get better at sustaining his blocks without committing holds. I also thought we went too conservative and flat in the third quarter and fell asleep as a result.

We've yet to play a good offense. I want to measure our defensive improvement against a team with a quality offensive line.

The other thing that sucked about this game is I dropped Matt Jones from my fantasy team and now I'm going to lose him to waivers.

I love the smash mouth identity, Gruden has to get better at the second half adjustments but overall he called a competent game today

Agreed---Jay has more than a few things to hone. He's still more raw in this gig than not. Thing is, while not ever having been a "fan" I have been advocating for due fairness and objectivity regarding him for quite awhile--although for some time it usually took more the form of "against" stupid biases and stupid posting than "for" Jay. But I have also been posting that my critical analysis approval of Jay has slowly but steadily been improving since the off-season began and he started putting his staff together and navigating the preseason.

Archived