Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2015 #Redskins verses Rams (Final)

JimmiJo

HAD. carried the rock a ton last year and had two fumbles. None so far this year. I love jones and we all should. He's more explosive for sure. But Morris absolutely averages over five ypc today as well if he carries a bigger chunk and didn't always get garbage carries in obvious situations.

Again, by no means am I bashing jones. But as good as jones looked today people need to not forget how good Morris looked last week. He absolutely bulldozed three or four Dolphins just like jones did today. Jones is a helluva back but I still don't think you bench Morris on multiple drives all day for Jones. That is all I'm saying.

I dunno man...today Almo didn't really have it outside of that one breakout. Seemed to get knocked backwards, when Jones was always going forward.

No need for explanation....ya just go with what worked most recently yeah?

Odd coincidence:

Last year, the 'Skins started 1-1 (Loss to Texans, win against Jags).

They gave up 27 points (Texans 17, Jags 10).

They actually scored a lot more points last year in their first 2 games, because they ran up 41 points on the Jags.

The reason I was looking this up is because giving up 27 points in 2 weeks, or a 13.5 average, is very good.  And I wanted to see how it compared to last year.  Interestingly, the same through 2 games.

HOWEVER, the next 4 games: 37,45,27,30.  

I just can't imagine that this group will regress so badly. 

Lots of cautious optimism.  

Stockton needs to retire. Diehl is really good.

I was shocked by Diehl.  Thought he was very good.

I heard the first 3 drives on teh radio.  Sonny, man, I love him to death, but he's really lost his fast ball at this point.  We need 1 good season, and then he needs to retire and become some type of ambassador for life or something.  

There's no way at NY's defense is as good as Miami and Rams. Cousins is due for a big game.

On paper no. But on paper, The redskins didn't match up particular well with The Rams in many facets of the game. The outcome? We won comfortably by 14. Too difficult to predict or extrapolate this teams performance after two games in this league. 

But I enjoy the optimism. 

What a win! Started to feel a bit queasy in the third, but love the way the team responded. Captain Kirk was money. Reed played great, and nothing really needs to be said about Beast Jones. Whoa.

It'll be great to have Cully back, and have Bash with a game under his belt, for the Giants on Thursday. I'm feeling very positive about our run D right now, so if we can just cut down on the big play to ODB, we have a good shot at the Gnats.

HAIL!!!

Very good game from Kirk. I'm happy for him.

Me too. He is almost an afterthought when the offense is operating so well. But he made some important throws on third down. He was careful with the ball for the most part and he did a good job placing his throws. He was on time today. He also did a good job indentifying blitzes and feeling the pressure and avoiding it by moving around in the pocket while keeping his eyes down field. The pass protection was fantastic today considering the opponent, so he never really got hit too hard.

Right now, all we need from our QB is good game management. The offense is running for almost 200 yards a game and holding the ball like 10 minutes more than opponents. And the defense isn't getting scored on.

Agreed---Jay has more than a few things to hone. He's still more raw in this gig than not. Thing is, while not ever having been a "fan" I have been advocating for due fairness and objectivity regarding him for quite awhile--although for some time it usually took more the form of "against" stupid biases and stupid posting than "for" Jay. But I have also been posting that my critical analysis approval of Jay has slowly but steadily been improving since the off-season began and he started putting his staff together and navigating the preseason.

Is everyone sure Jay's calling the offense? It always appears to be McVay calling in the plays. Of course this could simply represent a hierarchal system of Jay telling McVay the play and him communicating said play to the QB. 

But some of the plays are called in so fast I have doubts the system alluded to above would be sufficient. 

Oline played very well; Cousins looked comfortable in the pocket. Running game was very solid ( and we stuck with it); play calling was solid.

Dline was stout, not a lot of sacks but very steady pressure. Overall LBs played well, got caught inside on a couple big runs, but made plays when they needed to. Secondary gave up some space (they dropped several passes), but they supported the run and tackled well.

A great week to build on in a short week of preparations. Our next game is big, great win guys. HTTR!

Archived