Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Unofficial "We're Doomed" - Venting Thread

Renegade7

My main takeway was that the defense generally looks competitive.  The offense would be competitive if we had an actual NFL caliber head coach.  Hiring Gruden was a terrible decision.  The guy is costing us time, and he will continue to show what an idiot he is.  The failure to take a timeout with 2:11 on the clock and have it go down to the two min. warning was yet another example.  Guy is worthless trash.  Can't believe we have to suffer through another entire season with him.  Make no mistake: it's going to be a long and extremely frustrating season.  Not going for it on 4th and 1--who does he think this team is?  We need every point we can get.  Absolutely failing to capitalize on the major defensive turnover.  Lack of killer instinct.  No coherent offensive gameplan.  No hurry up offense.  Just terrible terrible terrible.

I'm not going to get into Griffin talk, but the first INT was terrible, the second wasn't as bad,  but there were a couple of others that could have been made.

He looks good when everything is in rhythm, makes some real nice plays, but has trouble under pressure and makes too many dumb throws. Today was just a continuation of Kirk's career so far. We'll see if he can build on it.

Yes, my intent actually was not to criticize either QB (other than to question why people think this particular game was a very positive outing) but to show that other factors seem to be consistent.

Like the coach.  

I can put up with the offseason drama, but to put such an undisciplined team on the field - AGAIN - is unacceptable.  I also thought they stopped playing aggressively in the 2nd half.  No half-time adjustments other than going pretty conservative.  

We also seemed to abandon the run at key times in the game where we could have used some time burned off the clock.

Murphy was the invisible man, and Roberts has become our new 50/50!

Didn't really feel loud in Fedex today, especially in the second half.  Thought I saw Baker try to pump up the crowd around halftime, and got mostly nothing.  Next stadium needs to be smaller, and it felt like around 70K+ people saying "they've seen this before".  Wish ticket prices would come down, fear it will go up in Nova.

Anyone went to the game and felt that way or something similar?

Defense gave up 1 score, Gruden actually started out running the ball down their throats and it worked.

Not all bad in this game, too bad we got reffed though. Who here expected us to actually dominate this game, win or lose?

We dominated for the first half and then got worked after that. When they realized we weren't going to take shots down the field our goose was cooked.

I would say the silver lining is that on a whole the defense performed decent, but really, after the dolphins adjusted they carved us up pretty easily. They aren't particularly impressive offensively and they still did enough to win. I suspect teams will realize our Pass D is a joke and will continue to kill us with the short and intermediate stuff. 

Offensively, good blocking for morris. Run game was like a solid B+. Passing... prolly a D+. Kirk isn't worth a damn past 25 yards on his passes. Seriously, if the point is to win as many games as possible, just play McCoy. The pass protection was better then usual but penalties today were killer. So many drives made impossible because of em. That I can't fault for Kirk but 2 INTs to start the season is atrocious. Not a very competent look. Bad discipline and I thought the play calling was a bit too conservative. 

Overall good for my sense of masochism. 

I don't think we are doomed.  Actually liked the way we played on Defense, Moses/ Scherrif, and Morris ran great.  Cousins has his ups and downs, but the second half was a meltdown though all around.  There were two drives in the fourth quarter that had way too many penalties on offense.  I don't know how we can't capitalize, because its frustrating.

Didn't really feel loud in Fedex today, especially in the second half.

What do you expect? The team is 7-26 since 2013. Not exactly a lot to get excited about. That, plus the cost of tickets and parking significantly squander any home field advantage we have. They are going to need to win again to get people to cheer, I.e 2012 against Dallas. Place was so loud

I can put up with the offseason drama, but to put such an undisciplined team on the field - AGAIN - is unacceptable.  I also thought they stopped playing aggressively in the 2nd half.  No half-time adjustments other than going pretty conservative.  

We also seemed to abandon the run at key times in the game where we could have used some time burned off the clock.

Murphy was the invisible man, and Roberts has become our new 50/50!

We all knew Murphy was trash.  Total waste of a pick.

The dropped Culliver INT!!!!

I give him tons of money to make plays and he drops a gimme.  Tide turned there imo.  That was a pick 6.  Other than that the penalties were unacceptable.  

That was a winnable game.

Keenan Robinson also dropped an easy ball. He and Culliver are potentially our best young non-passrushers on defense and neither of them stepped up in the big moment to make the play. Disappointing.

What do you expect? The team is 7-26 since 2013. Not exactly a lot to get excited about. That, plus the cost of tickets and parking significantly squander any home field advantage we have. They are going to need to win again to get people to cheer, I.e 2012 against Dallas. Place was so loud

That's what I was getting at.  Costs too damn much to be watching these losses like this in person.  Should've just been playing over the speaker system during the third quarter.

Straightup, I would go to way more games, win or lose, if it didn't cost so much.

Penalties killed the team.

Clock management was ridiculously bad.

Not stoked about Gruden... could have won the game but coaching issues cost us.

Right about clock management. How do you not call that time out before the 2 minute warning? Not that it mattered, but it would have been 1 less thing to complain about

Keenan Robinson also dropped an easy ball. He and Culliver are potentially our best young non-passrushers on defense and neither of them stepped up in the big moment to make the play. Disappointing.

On the flip side, their guy made a ridiculous circus interception.

Other then D Hall(who also screwed up his shot at a pick)we don't seem to have dynamic ballhawking playmakers on D.

On the flip side, their guy made a ridiculous circus interception.

Other then D Hall(who also screwed up his shot at a pick)we don't seem to have dynamic ballhawking playmakers on D.

We almost never do. Random ass guys are making plays for every team around the league every week, our established starters that we depend upon can't ever seem to finish a big play.

That's part of what makes Preston Smith so intriguing. Some might say "he caused the fumble but its a crazy fluke that he recovered that one"...I don't know. We haven't had a player make that kind of play in forever. Some guys have a knack for making plays. 

The dropped Culliver INT!!!!

I give him tons of money to make plays and he drops a gimme.  Tide turned there imo.  That was a pick 6.  Other than that the penalties were unacceptable.  

That was a winnable game.

Completely agree.  That play was the turning point.  This team is not good enough to overcome mistakes.  It absolutely has to take advantage of every opportunity presented to it.  When Culliver dropped the ball, that feeling of dread creeped into my stomach.

Archived