Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Unofficial "We're Doomed" - Venting Thread

Renegade7

I love criticizing Snyder because he is awful. But he's done this.

Gibbs was given four years and free reign to change the place.

Shanahan was given four years and free reign to change the place.

Neither guy was able to change the place.

I agree.

And it's Snyder who can insure it continues with a premature firing.

At some point he's just got to ride, good or bad,, or he's not going to have any prospects.

gibbs did have two playoff trips,, and then of course things beyond SDnyder's control happened.. the murder of ST kind of puts that in a funk.

And with Shanahan.. agreed. I'm not sure who is ultimately to blame for RG3 even being here. but clearly Snyder did not want to listen to his football people again when it became apparent there was a problem.

~Bang

friggin' Redskins fans.

Low football IQ fanbase.

You think it's bad here? Go to the stadium and watch how many people in redskins gear yell as louds as they can and bang on things when our team is on offense.

The best part is when you wrap your head around the people with the knee-jerk, over the top reactions and how they used to criticize Snyder for the instability of the organization. Snyder's managerial style over this organization reflects what a large portion of the fanbase would do given the same powers...

Best part of this team yesterday was:

A. Bill Callahan's offensive line.

B. Joe Barry's defense.

So the question remains..."What exactly does Gruden DO here?"

This team is only doomed to being painfully inconsequential UNTIL Gruden goes and then it's gonna be a ******* **** show for a couple weeks with anonymous daggers flying left and right. Once that passes we'll have to see who the next guy is. Here's hoping his offense doesn't revolve around the 5 yard out like Jay's.

We're certainly doomed next week...

The Rams are looking scary and shut us out last year. 

Preston was a DE in college and played with his hands in the dirt.

Trent played OLB in a 3-4 his entire career. 

*sigh. Because I specifically remember Gruden saying we were going to use Preston as a 3-4 OLB that could line up in different places. Sounds like Murphy is just ahead on how to be an OLB, not that he's a better OLB.

Wait... now I want to vent. Because that just sounds moronicly oxymoronic.

Honestly, if that int is caught, it goes for 6 and this thread doesn't exist.

That doesn't speak to coaching problems, or kirk, the price of beer, or Dan Snyder's shoe collection.

These things happen in football games. It was a close game, there was a flurry of penalties and their special teams scored. These things happen and you tighten up and fix it. It no longer seems hopeless.

And we're not doing our favorite team any favors by shouting like spoiled children over one game. Believe it or not, they need our support, so let's ****ing support them already.

Rufus hit in on the head, people are going to ***** anyway. I was expecting more pictures by now, and I'm mad, but want to say it here and move on.

Like, are we really cutting Kobra Kai for a 24 year old? I don't remember Forbath calling any plays, maybe its a typo and they meant Andre Roberts. **** has nothing to do with nothing, smh.

Although the loss, lack of points on offense and ST TD are a bummer, it was encouraging to see the run game works so well and our once horrid defense only allowed 10 points.  I also was surprised that our line held up for the most part.  They played physical football which was nice to see but cutting down on all those damn penalties would be helpful.  I just hope Cousins doesn't continue to have a 1:2 TD:INT ratio but I'm afraid the odds are against him.

My brother said the same thing. But to be fair, if they didn't get a TD on that drive game was over anyway.

I disagree. 2:20 left with 3 time outs and the two minute warning. They could have made a defensive stop and got the ball back with time.

They could have kicked the field goal, made a stop, then drove for a TD to win (instead of tie.)

They could have gone for it on 4th down and either:

- Made it and tied for a TD

- Missed it and had miami pinned deep with plenty of time to make a stop and get the ball back.

When you blow a time out, when the clock is already stopped, because you (and your offense) can't figure out WTF to do in a very, very basic situation.... you lose your edge in getting the ball back.

you DO NOT waste time outs on offense when the game is on the line... to do it on offense when you already have the clock stopped... inexcusable.

every 7 year old in the world with an xbox knows how to manage the clock in that situation. our football-lifer head coach didn't.

I love criticizing Snyder because he is awful. But he's done this.

Gibbs was given four years and free reign to change the place.

Shanahan was given four years and free reign to change the place.

Neither guy was able to change the place.

When has Snyder prematurely fired a coach, with the exception of Marty?

Agree with both. I was going to ask the same thing- which coach do people think would have been great that you are upset got fired?

How about Gregg Williams?

Gregg Williams wasn't our head coach.

And since no one else thought enough of him to give him a HC shot, and further since he thoroughly embarrassed his next employer and got them massively punishedl, I'm having a bit of trouble spotting the rationale for thinking "boy, if we kept that guy everything would have been hunky-dory".

I don't get the "A bunch of good things" thread for yesterdays game. The Skins lost to a mediocre Dolphins team while the Dolphins were trying to do everything in their power to let the Redskins win.

Before people try to claim that the Dolphins are supposed to be some playoff team I will say that should Washington fans know what preseason predictions mean. Absolutely nothing.

All that happened yesterday was that the Skins lost a winnable game.

I actually like Tannehill a lot but I'm not sure I've ever seen a QB be as good as he is with being so terrible at the deep ball. I mean, he's an above average QB....who had Mike Wallace at WR....and never completed a pass over 20 yards.

If the field was 20 yards long, he might be the third best QB in football. Alas, it is not.

behind Tim Hasselbeck who was awesome except for throws of over 30 yards

I get it. The reason we lost by 7 points was because Kai missed a 3 point field goal. :confused:

but burgold think about it buddy if you make that 3 then on 4th and 7 you can kick another 3 and be down by one so when you get the ball back you don't have to go as far and then you win

see, we've already solved the seasons primary issue. new kicker, now the wins will roll in.

Oh it sure is for me. At worst they would have had a continuity of Gibbs II as opposed to Zorn, who, um....really, really, really, really, really, really....................really sucked.

OK, then. The reason this organization has failed is because we didn't hire Gregg Williams to be a bad coach and bungle his way into getting himself suspended and the whole team massively punished. Can't argue with that.

Archived