Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Unofficial "We're Doomed" - Venting Thread

Renegade7

Losing Jackson hurt our ability to go downfield. Nobody else on the team scares anyone. Garcon is a physical possession guy but is a non-factor past 15-20 yards.

C'mon now. Garcon doesn't take the top off defenses like Desean does, but he has caught plenty of catches over 15-20 yards from multiple QBs, and not talking YAC.

I did not think much of Gruden as a playcaller in Cincinnati and since he's been here he has done nothing to prove me wrong in that belief. I didn't like switching the running backs every few plays either. Alfred was more than sufficient and effective. The Online held up better than I expected. Garçon's is such a physical guy.. love him Jordan Reed staying healthy makes the passing game more dynamic. Praying for the best with DJax,losing him for the year would be devastating.

Special teams giving up a TD is still a problem. I know we took hits with the lost of Niles and Heyward but golly gee whiz do we have no one else capable?

How is it that Danny Smith received much criticism when he was ST coach and Kotwica gets a pass?

Defensive was mostly good. Duke's injury makes me sad,why can't this guy stay healthy? Trent Murphy should ride the pine...seriously. Preston Smith made his presence felt and can't wait to see him continue to grow. Glad DHall is okay. Amerson is a ?? he does some good things and in the next play does something dumb. Breeland is back next week and we'll need him.

I hope penalties, blown coverage and such are cleaned up this week in practice.

Why wasn't Ross active today? All Pre-season him and Cousins were connecting and now the first real game and he didn't even play.

I figured that Ross being a scratch today would hurt us.  Sure, he just made the roster, but knowing DeSean was nursing a hamstring, if Ross is our only other deep threat (though I've seen slow receivers be deep threats, I don't buy that the deep game has to die if Jackson is gone) then why not activate him?  The problem is some other untimely injuries made any decision a tough one.

Losing Jackson early hurt more than is getting talked about. He was the missing piece to the game plan for next 3 quarters. It also allowed Grimes to cover Garcon and limit him pretty well at times.

It appears this year is going to be pound the rock quick passes to Reed/Garcon and blow the top off with Jackson.

Really impressed with Morris. I was one thinking Jones should get more carries this season (still may happen), but reg. Season is another spped and level for Jones to acclimate self

I am not mad about the lose. I wasn't expecting a win anyway. More important was how the whole team plays a regular season game. 

Two things that should not have happened that made us lose. Kai missing an easy three pointer and the ST taking a lunch break on that punt return for a TD. Oh and let's not forget the penalties moving us back 30+ yards after moving up 30+plus yards after the fumble recovery at their 45  yard line. Gruden or whoever is calling the plays left some yards on the field as well and time management.

At this point, I will not pin this lose on Cousins. The two turnovers didn't cost us the game.

I'm surprised that Trent Murphy looked... well... JUST LIKE HE DID LAST YEAR.  What with all of you  salivating over how awesome he looked in OTA's.

I mean, that just blows my mind.  Never saw that coming.  And if I did, I certainly would have never said anything in the offseason thread, and been labeled a "hater".  No, that didn't happen.

I'm surprised that Trent Murphy looked... well... JUST LIKE HE DID LAST YEAR.  What with all of you  salivating over how awesome he looked in OTA's.

I mean, that just blows my mind.  Never saw that coming.  And if I did, I certainly would have never said anything in the offseason thread, and been labeled a "hater".  No, that didn't happen.

What are you talking about?  He looked very much like Ryan Kerrigan out there!  From a distance.  Between plays. 

What do you wanna bet that if SM has that #2 pick no way he takes Murphy... So glad we have a competent talent evaluator.  Could be the beer talking but I think our GM knows what he is doing.  

Cousins will be our QB next year and Gruden will be our HC.  Still a 6 +/- win team this year but I think there are signs of improvement.

Wait is this the wrong thread to have a positive outlook?

The only shining light was the defense wasn't as bad as I thought it would be overall. Other than that, par for the course. Special team blunders and questionable playcalling. It felt like they were trying to save Kirk from himself on those 3rd down runs. What's most depressing for me is the lack of enthusiasm, anxiousness and excitement I experienced during the game. The Redskins being losers is nothing new but my aloofness during games certainly is. Its much more fun to watch with some emotion when you feel you actually have a prayer.

I'll vent about the 10 ****ing minutes where we couldn't run an offensive play without a penalty. Since when is blocking your ****ing man off the field a penalty? That was a fantastic block by Moses and the penalized him for it. ****ing the refs and **** the special teams. Special teams really ****ing sucks.

Positives. Offensive line! They looked great. Little pressure on Cousins most of the day. Just need to score some ****ing points.

Yeah I didn't like the call on Moses either but football is changing big time on all levels. Any blocking or hit that they don't consider a relevant or "necessary" part of the play is considered unsportsmanlike conduct. It used to be if you saw a player on the field and the whistle hadn't blown yet you could knock the you know what out of them and be fine. Now, if that player is not an active part of the play it's a penalty. 

What sucked the most is being up 10-0 and the voice in the back of my head started saying "we might win!". Nope.

The pluses, offensive line play, and for the most part defense looks a hell of a lot better than last year so far.

Minuses

Why in the heck in the first quarter, we are 3rd and 18 and we run the F'N ball. I know its hard to get a first down on 3rd and 18, but can we at least try to change the field posistion and maybe get a first down on a pass down field. Felt like the offensive gurus did not have the confidence in the O, man as I was screaming at the TV.

Same thing, 3rd down and 12 .Skins throw a backwards pass 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage, for no gain . once again conservative call , showing no confidence in the pass game when we really need a down field play. Once again screaming at the TV and Gruden.

I thought the special teams , like punt coverage was to be improved, yeah right, more yelling and want the special teams coach fired.

Archived