Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Have you ever broken a bone?

Springfield

Amazingly, I have never broken a bone. And that is with playing multiple contact sports through high school and doing things like snowboarding, whitewater kayaking, and other potentially dangerous activities as an adult.

Of course now that I've said that I'll probably trip while walking out to my car today and break my ankle or something.

Snapped my leg, ankle and foot almost off attempting to sled. Tried jumping on the sled, by my foot stayed planted and my fat ass dropped right on it. Tore everything up. About 10/15 years ago. Still hurts. Only sledding I did was when I was being drug down the hill.

I also broke a bone sledding.

I fractured one of the bones in my left foot when I was a preteen. We had a local hill, populated with several trees that made for and excellent "race course". There were 3 basic paths you could take down this hill, but also you could cut from one path into another at various parts down the hill. It all converged into one path right near the end. It was a blast.

What could possibly go wrong?

Well, we would also sled doubles down this hill. One day, a few days after the snow had fallen, when the track was nice and icy, a friend and I were going down doubles. I was in the front and he was behind me. Ran right into a tree and braced the impact with my feet. The rest is history and whenever I see that friend he always laments about breaking my foot when we were kids.

Good times.

Snapped my leg, ankle and foot almost off attempting to sled. Tried jumping on the sled, by my foot stayed planted and my fat ass dropped right on it. Tore everything up. About 10/15 years ago. Still hurts. Only sledding I did was when I was being drug down the hill.

I promise I'm not laughing extremely hard.

If a chipped bone atop of my foot counts once then yes... if not nope lol

Was about 10 when I did it, jumped off my parents shed in the back yard like I always did

and never hurt myself.

This time I did it the day before going to Kings Dominion, was put in a half hard cast to keep from moving it, was being wheeled around all day in a wheelchair and not being able to ride the rides sucked! I finally said eff it and took that half cast off and limped to every ride in the kiddie area...I rode the scooby do coaster about 100x that day heh

Broken both my wrists one playing soccer and the other playing football. The one playing football was a dislocation too, so the doctor had to reset my broken bone. Very painful, even with a numbing shot. The numbing shot also had to be injected into my bone and that was very painful.

Also broke my ankle playing soccer. All my broken bones came from me getting tripped and landing wrong.

Broke my thumb somehow (a fracture between the thumbnail and first knuckle) when I caught a softball with the glove during gym class freshman year in high school. It was the first class of the day too. Started to feel nauseous from the steady pain by the end of the school day and got an x-ray that evening...my mom just had to run errands and pick my younger brother from middle school before we could even go to the local urgent-care facility. She did the same thing to my brother during a volunteer activity day...he tripped over a root and broke his forearm clean through when bracing his fall. She made him help all day until she finally took him to the hospital.

Could have sworn we had this thread somewhere. Hmm...

Shattered my entire arm when I was 8.

That was the surgery thread.

Guys- Torn ligaments don't count. 

I've broken 5 bones and my nose.

Around 7 years old.  Jumped out of a tree.  Near compound fracture of my left forearm.  Cast from fingers to shoulder after they set it.

9 years old.  Got in a fight.  Punched a kid in the head.  Broke middle finger on right hand first knuckle.

About a year later, same kid (we were friends again).  We were wrestling and he fell back on my right thumb.

I was about 12-13.  Riding on the back of my Dad's motorcycle.  We dumped it.  Broke the right middle finger in a different place.

32 years old.  Broke the left middle finger playing football. Grabbed the guy by the jersey to tackle him and he jerked back and bent the tip of my finger completely the other way. 

Yes, my left wrist while skateboarding when I was a sophomore in high school.  I landed on my hands.  Luckily I was wearing gloves as my hands would have been shreaded if I had not.

My brother broke his leg when he was in high school.  He ran (on foot) into someone at night.

The other guy was fine.

9 years old.  Got in a fight.  Punched a kid in the head.  Broke middle finger on right hand first knuckle.

I was about 12-13.  Riding on the back of my Dad's motorcycle.  We dumped it.  Broke the right middle finger in a different place.

32 years old.  Broke the left middle finger playing football. Grabbed the guy by the jersey to tackle him and he jerked back and bent the tip of my finger completely the other way.

People must just laugh whenever you flip them off with your crooked middle fingers!

Left arm (2nd grade), right collarbone (6th grade), left ankle (10th grade), right leg (11th grade), left ring finger (x4 high school), nose (x3 high school/Army), left thumb (2009'ish), left pinky (2010'ish). Is it sad I remember the breaks when I was a kid much more clearly than I do the ones that happened recently? Time is going by at a record pace it seems....

My leg when I was 5 or 6. Babysitter was carrying me and didn't see the step from the kitchen to the sunken living room and I guess I just landed badly. My parents tried to bribe me with cookies to get me to walk across the room for half a day before they took me to get an X-ray. Got a pretty good trip to the toy store out of that one. Lol. My dad took me to an autograph signing at the mall and joe theismann signed my cast. B)

Then my arm when I was 8 playing backyard football.

Archived