Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chron: The disturbing things that happen to your body when you drink Coca-Cola

Zguy28

I stopped drinking ALL sodas.

But I started drinking energy drinks on a somewhat regular basis.

I estimate maybe 4 or 5 a week.

Is that just as bad as CocaCola ?

I've never had a 5 hour energy in my whole life. Probably won't ever either. I don't think that they're any safer than coke but I've never done any research myself.

I used to drink Jäger and Red Bull all the time when I was younger. **** rotted out my teeth I'm pretty sure.

Yes, probably even worse. Here is the label for a can of Monster brand energy beverage.

316px-Monster_Energy_drink_supplement_fa

Note that there are 2 servings in the can, so more than 50 grams of sugar.

image.png

And that's just for the 8oz can. They make bigger cans of that stuff that people basically inhale.

I never liked it. I tried it when barely anyone knew what it was (knew some reps), I took one sip and threw it away.

Not only the sweetness but the taste. Thumbs down from me.

I've never had a 5 hour energy in my whole life. Probably won't ever either. I don't think that they're any safer than coke but I've never done any research myself.

I used to drink Jäger and Red Bull all the time when I was younger. **** rotted out my teeth I'm pretty sure.

The only legitimate uses for Red Bull is as a mixer for vodka and/or Jager and for keeping Dana Holgorsen alive.

Don't think so as long as you get the sugar free ones; just the caffeine. I personally don't drink them not because they are unhealthy (I've heard they are unhealthy and they're not from different sources) but because I just don't drink caffeine...it makes me jittery and uncomfortable.

EDIT: I guess it depends on the brand. If you're talking about the 5 hour energy things, here's the label:

5-hour-energy-nutrition-facts.png

But actual energy DRINKS like monster above? Yeah, just as bad probably.

7 years ago I was taking Ritalin twice a day. One of the guys on the job site brought some Monsters to the site. So I decided to try one,(only time I've done so. It's actually worse than Red Bull. Bleah). The guy looked at me and told me I'd be bouncing all over the site in an hour between the Monster and the Ritalin. I told him I'd be ready for a nap in that time. Sure enough,I damn near fell asleep while waiting for him to cut some soffit. :)  

Oh and yeah. Those energy drinks probably aren't any better than soft drinks,(they just don't taste as good). 

The worst thing about drinking a coke, considering all of the **** that I just learned from that article that it does to your body, is that you might admit in a "pub" during the men's world cup that you secretly hate soccer just like everyone else, and that you really don't want to go back to Spain to visit because you did a semester abroad there in college.

Funny, but also produced by a "think-tank" funded in-part by Coca Cola.  They also deny the effects of second-hand smoke for tobacco companies.  Probably should have omitted their logo.

It's like the Umbrella Corporation from Resident Evil pretending to be The Onion.

My grandmother drank at least 2 Cokes a day for practically her entire life and it eventually killed her... at 88 yrs old.

My grandmother is well into her 90s and has smoked 2 packs of Kent 120's for going on 70 years.  Not recommended for most. :)

Archived