Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Submitted ONES, 2015 Official PRE_SEASON/Camp Twitter Thread: The will to win on the field starts now. (NO RG3 POSTS!)

SWFLSkins

I actually think that's pretty stupid....

No one that's expected to be the starter should be playing two quarters every preseason game. Especially the QB. You risk putting behind a backup o-line against defenders that are fighting for playing time, leaving it all out there, and looking to jack somebody up.

Hopefully Gruden will better explain what he meant by that before we get to the preseason

Haa is there anything on here I say thats NOT stupid?...now you put it that way I understand ur point..it would acctualy be stupid to play him that much in any pre season games..good point!

Read the quotes again in the thread. He was specifically asked if he discussed it with the Saints. His reply pretty much indicated he did.

Also, you honestly believe Payton would say he talked to Scot about Galette? Guy probably still refuses to admit he knew about the bounty program.

As for it mattering..unless you are an executive with the Redskins, then it doesn't matter if you know or not who Scot talked to. Just sit down and watch the game...you don't need to know what's going on behind closed doors.

It doesn't matter if you or I or the fans personally know, don't be ridiculous. It matters in the context of the situation. That's what we're talking about.

But I went back and read the actual transcript and his response was unclear, at best. We'll have to disagree about what was implied.

On a side note, going through his comments, he said he couldn't talk about the tape, which is odd since Galette says it's not even him on the tape. The tape has no relevance if it's not him. Personally, I think Scot's just comfortable looking the other way.

I actually think that's pretty stupid....

No one that's expected to be the starter should be playing two quarters every preseason game. Especially the QB. You risk putting behind a backup o-line against defenders that are fighting for playing time, leaving it all out there, and looking to jack somebody up.

Hopefully Gruden will better explain what he meant by that before we get to the preseason

If he does play more then the entire starting offense should be playing with him, they all need practice. 

It doesn't matter if you or I or the fans personally know, don't be ridiculous. It matters in the context of the situation. That's what we're talking about.

But I went back and read the actual transcript and his response was unclear, at best. We'll have to disagree about what was implied.

On a side note, going through his comments, he said he couldn't talk about the tape, which is odd since Galette says it's not even him on the tape. The tape has no relevance if it's not him. Personally, I think Scot's just comfortable looking the other way.

I think Scot is comfortable and familiar with 2nd chances, as well as with dealing with personal demons. His personal conversation with Galette mattered as much (if not more) in his eyes as the other 20 people he apparently talked to. And for the record, we don't know if Scot M reached out to Payton but he either declined to talk with him or never responded back. You are treating it as if Scot purposefully avoided talking to Payton because he knew he wouldn't like what he had to hear.

Payton: "I would be more than happy to visit with another coach or G.M. with regards to signing Junior,” Payton said. “You want to see him do well.”

Does that sound like someone you actively want to avoid?

Practice 8 hours a day

Study Film 8 hours a day

Gym 8 hours a day

He's got some catching up to do. That schedule should satisfy this board.

Ps - Hap... the prices of rubber bands have sky rocketed? ;)

It's a little underwhelming. Anyone who restricts themselves to a 24 hour day is lazy. Griffin should be giving it at least 110%. That's at least 26 hours  of work each day and that's still not good enough!

Emmanual Benton @Manny_PPI 11m11 minutes ago

DJax could be the offensive version of DHall for the #Redskins if he develops the technique part of his game. #Redskins

Emmanual Benton @Manny_PPI 13m13 minutes ago

DJax is right. No one can stop him from doing what he does best. What I'm interested in seeing is how he progresses as he gets older.

NFL on ESPN @ESPNNFL 15m15 minutes ago

Washington WR DeSean Jackson with a very confident statement at training camp today.

CLf-PZpWoAAIl3g.jpg

Duke Ihenacho @NachoLyfe 25m25 minutes ago

Haven't had time to get it fixed during camp, but we have the day off tomorrow. Hittin the Apple store first thing in the moanin!

Diane Roberts @DianesTalking 1m1 minute ago Richmond, VA

Media waiting for and talking to #BurgundyandGold offsv line coach, Bill Callahan. #SkinsCamp #SkinsOn9 @WUSA9sports

CLgCSW_WwAA6JFC.jpg
CLgCSXAWwAAvUDF.jpg
CLgCSXAXAAAJkuD.jpg

Interesting factoid

Andrew Brandt @adbrandt 3m3 minutes ago

Andrew Brandt retweeted Steve Scholler

Kicker sacrifice:) League will not approve any contract that puts a team over.

Andrew Brandt added,

Steve Scholler @_stiv
@adbrandt in the event that an NFL team is over the salary cap, what are the repercussion? @samdan87153 and I must know. Thanks.

If he's really good once the season starts, nobody will care where he was picked. They'll get over it quickly when he steamrolls some DT on 3rd and short.

My thoughts are similar, but they're "if AlMo runs for 1,500 this year".

Practice 8 hours a day

Study Film 8 hours a day

Gym 8 hours a day

He's got some catching up to do. That schedule should satisfy this board.

Ps - Hap... the prices of rubber bands have sky rocketed? ;)

It's a little underwhelming. Anyone who restricts themselves to a 24 hour day is lazy. Griffin should be giving it at least 110%. That's at least 26 hours  of work each day and that's still not good enough!

Just another notice (now into the many dozens of such and many still show no evidence they "get it") to all whom it applies: many players here should  try to get their rg3-related monkey games ("pro" or "con") out of your systems now  (like sooner better than later--actually should have been all done months ago).

Know that particularly once the rg3ocd thread is closed, these kind of "snark/sarcasm" posts---especially when "unsolicited" or gratuitously posted as in this case (something you have a penchant for burg, and you're not alone)---are among the many that are going to be regarded as trolls (rule 12) and others of related ilk will be regarded as spam (rule 3) and you'll be sitting on the bench for a time.

That kind of dumbass pointless stuff on that subject qualifies as what's going to be STEAMROLLED out of here as we go into the next season.

Don't reply to this in the thread or PM me--it's not an invite for conversation on it, but we do have a feedback forum

Love, me.

It's funny that no one in the media is asking Sean Payton about Gilette calling him out on twitter for being a percocet and vicodin abuser, something a lot of folks in the know think the NFL actually suspended him for.

Archived