Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2015 Fantasy Football Thread

MattFancy

i generally agree with you, but it isn't a 50-60 pt swing. rodgers and luck are projected at 350ish pts for the year, which is 22ish pts per game. brady/romoSUCKS are projected to be at 285 pts, or 17.5 pts per game. that's a projected 9pt difference... still sizable, but not 50-60pts.

In a 2QB league the ADP is Luck, Rodgers, Wilson Manning, then you may go for RB. I usually like to trade down to pick 7-9 and take a RB in the 1st and QB in the 2d (12 Team leagues). I got Bell at #8-9 and Charles at #9 in three of these leagues.

Example My last 2 QB League 1st round

Luck, Andrew QB IND U N Whose Army VI 1.1

Rodgers, Aaron QB GBP The Blitzing Bandits 1.2

Wilson, Russell QB SEA Val's Team I 1.3

Roethlisberger, Ben QB PIT Champions 2015 1.4

Manning, Peyton QB DEN Joe Buck Yourself 1.5

Brees, Drew QB NOS 2KTWOKAY2K 1.6

Brown, Antonio WR PIT bronxboys 1.7

Peterson, Adrian RB MIN Florida Boy 22 1.8

Bell, Le'Veon RB PIT Clan Campbell 250/4 2015 1.9

Charles, Jamaal RB KCC Vineyard Victory 1.10

Jones, Julio WR ATL The Mayberry Smackdown 1.11

Ryan, Matt 1.12

Hi,

I need TE help. Should I drop Ladarius Green or Jason Witten for Heath Miller or Zach Ertz?

As for RB, should I pick up Christine Michael or Ronnie Hillman? I know I'm pretty weak/low in this area.

Thanks for the advise!

I think Heath Miller would be a good pickup, especially early in the season as several Steelers offensive players are suspended and he should get a lot of looks.

I could see Miller early in the season, but I would probably stand pat at TE. I would drop a QB for Michael. He could have standalone value without an injury whereas Hillman will need an injury to produce anything. QB is by far the easiest position to stream and you don't need to enter the season with two on your roster.

As for the Kaep/Bradford question, go Bradford all the way.

QB-Wilson

RB- J Charles, Ingram, Spiller, Gio Bernard, Kniles Davis 

WR- CJ2K, Sammy Watkins, Tate, VJax, Torrey Smith

TE- Walker, Rudolph

D- Buffalo

K-Parkey

I will probably be trying to work some trades in this one. Don't love my WRs at all. I narrowly missed on Olsen and Bennett at TE, so I waited very late there.

Squads not too bad. I actually like your WRs. People are pretty down on Watkins and to the point where I almost viewed him as a must-draft. I got him LATE in my auction draft for $15 ... I spent "big" on him because I had money to blow at the end ... but you're talking about a guy who was the top WR of a very, very strong rookie WR class last year and had 4 huge games with a big mystery at QB playing on a bad Buffalo offense. I really think Watkins, despite the fact that he has Tyrod Taylor at QB, can have a big year. He now has Percy Harvin opposite him and LeSean McCoy in the backfield, and Taylor's mobility could create throwing lanes. I'm not saying go make Watkins your WR1 but IMO he's a high-upside WR3 with the chance of becoming a WR1.

Someone make me feel better about my RBs. If I can suffer through the first 2 games, I should be okay. In fact, down the home stretch of the season, I could be absolutely stacked at RB ... Right?!? Please say right haha.

RB1: Alred Morris

RB2: Devonta Freeman

Bench: Le'Veon Bell, Arian Foster, Todd Gurley

Someone make me feel better about my RBs. If I can suffer through the first 2 games, I should be okay. In fact, down the home stretch of the season, I could be absolutely stacked at RB ... Right?!? Please say right haha.

Pretty much what you said. Two tough games for Alf out of the gate. Week one, hopefully he gets a TD and maybe Freeman has a decent amount of carries, catches a few passes, and gets an oddball big play. At least that game should be a barn burner, so you never know. Pray that hamstring injury doesn't derail Freeman. Week 2, I think it's kind of the same with Alf getting the Rams and Freeman against the Giants. Once Bell gets back, you should be rolling. Once you have all those backs available that should be a good group, but tough sledding starting off.

Squads not too bad. I actually like your WRs. People are pretty down on Watkins and to the point where I almost viewed him as a must-draft. I got him LATE in my auction draft for $15 ... I spent "big" on him because I had money to blow at the end ... but you're talking about a guy who was the top WR of a very, very strong rookie WR class last year and had 4 huge games with a big mystery at QB playing on a bad Buffalo offense. I really think Watkins, despite the fact that he has Tyrod Taylor at QB, can have a big year. He now has Percy Harvin opposite him and LeSean McCoy in the backfield, and Taylor's mobility could create throwing lanes. I'm not saying go make Watkins your WR1 but IMO he's a high-upside WR3 with the chance of becoming a WR1.

RB1: Alred Morris

RB2: Devonta Freeman

Bench: Le'Veon Bell, Arian Foster, Todd Gurley

Pick up the Pats Bolden with Gray's release he'll be starting week 1 and will be the 3rd down back.

I have Lamar miller, Latviaus Murray, Carlos hyde, randle, kniles davis. Duke thompson.

Need to cut 1 for a kicker, which one?

Also, which two would you start for the first couple weeks? .5 ppr

I would cut Knile Davis.  He needs an injury to have any relevance, and I'm not sold on him being all that great even if he gets the job.  With West being cut there's a decent chance Duke Johnson gets a crack at the starting job in the first few weeks if he can get past the concussion stuff.

12 team, ESPN standard, QB, 2rb, 2wr, flex, TE, def, k picked 12th.

QB: m. Ryan, Bradford

RB: j.hill, l. McCoy, j.stewart, woodhead, f. Jackson

WR: j.matthews, d. Adams, Fitzgerald, s. Smith, s.johnson

TE: d. Walker, j. Reed

Def: rams

K: Crosby

Thoughts?

Not a bad team, but I think you're weak at WR.  You have a lot of maybes, and if they all hit you'll be golden, but if half of them don't your going to be scrambling week to week.

I would cut Knile Davis. He needs an injury to have any relevance, and I'm not sold on him being all that great even if he gets the job. With West being cut there's a decent chance Duke Johnson gets a crack at the starting job in the first few weeks if he can get past the concussion stuff.

Essentially, johnson might have a shot to start, and kniles davis has to have an injury to start, so johnson is better to stash?

What do you think of the rest of my roster? Post #173 I don't normally trade, especially this early but I don't trust any of my running backs. Would it be worth giving up something like Antonio brown and Carlos hyde for Jeremy hill and devante adams? I just feel I could easily start maclin (flex) and sanders (wr2) along with julio (wr1) every week and be fine.

Essentially, johnson might have a shot to start, and kniles davis has to have an injury to start, so johnson is better to stash?

What do you think of the rest of my roster? Post #173 I don't normally trade, especially this early but I don't trust any of my running backs. Would it be worth giving up something like Antonio brown and Carlos hyde for Jeremy hill and devante adams? I just feel I could easily start maclin (flex) and sanders (wr2) along with julio (wr1) every week and be fine.

Yeah, that's my thinking on the matter.

As far as your RBs, I think you're fine.  If you can move Carlos Hyde I probably would.  I think he'd going to have rough sledding this year - Kaepernick just isn't a real passing threat and Hyde is good, but not an incredible talent.  I wouldn't do it at the expense of downgrading Antonio Brown to Davante Adams.  We don't even know whether Adams will really be great this year.  If you are giving up the best player (Brown in this case) you should always be getting the other owner to overcompensate.  I'd rather see you do something like package Hyde with Sanders or Maclin to upgrade at RB.

Yeah, that's my thinking on the matter.

As far as your RBs, I think you're fine.  If you can move Carlos Hyde I probably would.  I think he'd going to have rough sledding this year - Kaepernick just isn't a real passing threat and Hyde is good, but not an incredible talent.  I wouldn't do it at the expense of downgrading Antonio Brown to Davante Adams.  We don't even know whether Adams will really be great this year.  If you are giving up the best player (Brown in this case) you should always be getting the other owner to overcompensate.  I'd rather see you do something like package Hyde with Sanders or Maclin to upgrade at RB.

oh no doubt. ill try to make that trade, but considering where i got both sanders and maclin in my league (rd 6 and 7), i take it their value is perceived to be low. im just really high on jeremy hill this year. 

this guy's wide receivers are very weak imo so maybe he would be open to a trade. i know i would if i were him.

Jeremy Hill owner:

rb's: anderson, hill, gordon, yeldon, ajayi,

wr's: cooper, devante adams, landry, perriman, martavius bryant

just did my PPR 3 RB/3WR/1 Flex league.  Provide suggestions please.  12 team league

QB: Luck, Newton

RB: Gordon, Martin, Blount, R. Jennings, D. Williams(pitt backup)

WR: Brown, Hilton, Boldin, Amendola, J. Jones(packers), Floyd(cards)

TE: Reed

K: Scobee

Defense: Houston

Had the 7th pick in my draft tonight, which is my absolute least favorite spot to pick from. Predictably the big 5 RB's went off the board 1-5, but then the guy in front of me went with Demarco Murray. I have gotten burned in the past pick a WR with my first round pick so I have been avoiding it in recent years. 

I went with Jeremy Hill over all the top WR but was able to snag Demariyus Thomas with my second round pick. Do you guys think I made a big mistake, or are you all as high on Jeremy Hill as I am this year? 

just did my PPR 3 RB/3WR/1 Flex league.  Provide suggestions please.  12 team league

QB: Luck, Newton

RB: Gordon, Martin, Blount, R. Jennings, D. Williams(pitt backup)

WR: Brown, Hilton, Boldin, Amendola, J. Jones(packers), Floyd(cards)

TE: Reed

K: Scobee

Defense: Houston

i have an issue with your second pick. brown pick is solid and hopefully your rb gambles (gordon, martin, blount) panout.

id be monitoring the waivers because you are gonna get burned by teams that have depth at rb and wr.

Had the 7th pick in my draft tonight, which is my absolute least favorite spot to pick from. Predictably the big 5 RB's went off the board 1-5, but then the guy in front of me went with Demarco Murray. I have gotten burned in the past pick a WR with my first round pick so I have been avoiding it in recent years. 

I went with Jeremy Hill over all the top WR but was able to snag Demariyus Thomas with my second round pick. Do you guys think I made a big mistake, or are you all as high on Jeremy Hill as I am this year? 

awesome job. 

I had my money league draft on Thursday night. I had the 7th pick as it seems a few of you did as well. The league is a 12 team league, non-ppr. Now my strategy has always been draft RB in the first two rounds, but really there isn't a good pick at 7 when the top five go first. I ended up with Gronk and then Luck in the first two rounds. Also, I was paying too much attention to try to find sleepers in my notes and got autopicked on def and kicker too early. Let me know how I did. I don't feel confident, but did end up with the best projected fantasy TE and QB.

Starting QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, Flex, Def, K

QB: Luck

WR: D. Jackson, M. Wallace, B. Coleman

RB: L. Murray, J. Randle, D. Williams, Blount, D. McFadden, Matt Jones.

TE: Gronk, Coby Fleener

Def: Buffalo

K: Vinatieri

So after week 2 I will drop D. Williams and pick up another WR. I am hoping Coleman shows some magic. I am also hoping Fleener starts off really strong and I can use as trade bait. I don't see a lot of good fantasy TEs this year.  

10 team PPR.  2qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 1/w/r/t, 1k, 1def

QB - Stafford, Eli, Fitzpatrick 

RB - Peterson, Latavius Murray, Spiller, Devonta Freeman, Woodhead, Christine Michael

WR - AJ Green, Golden Tate, Boldin, John Brown, Garcon

TE - Gronk

k - Bryant

Def - Rams

Quarterback is weak, I know.  Got caught on the backside of 2 big runs on qbs that left me with the dregs.  But I like how my RB unit came together, and I think I have a lot of upside at WR particularly with Tate and John Brown.

Team I mentioned above ... half point PPR:

QB: Tannehill, Ryan

RB: Le'Veon Bell, Alfred Morris, Todd Gurley, Arian Foster, Devonta Freeman

WR: Demaryius Thomas, Jordan Matthews, Sammy Watkins, Devin Funchess, Brandon Coleman

Guy in my league really needs a 3rd RB ... offered me my choice of Allen Robinson or Charles Johnson + Tre Mason for Alfred Morris. Bit torn on this one. I countered with Morris, Funchess, Coleman for Mason, Robinson, Johnson but he said no ... and stood by his initial offer. I don't want to go total panic mode over my RB situation since I set myself up this way somewhat intentionally. But by trading my short-term #1 RB for Tre Mason and getting a legit WR4, I mitigate my weakness at WR4/5. I could use a little help here.

Right now I'm set to start Brandon Coleman in my Flex2 spot for what will likely be Week 1-2 ... so I'd be swapping out Morris for Mason at RB1 and Robinson/Johnson for Coleman at the Flex2 until I can get some of my RBs back.  BUT ... Mason is only good as long as Gurley is out ... who I also have ... so long-term I'm basically adding a WR4/Flex2 for Morris, who would essentially (long term) be my RB4/Flex2/Bench

Archived