Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2015 Fantasy Football Thread

MattFancy

I can't decide whether or not to add Lockett now as a bench flyer or wait until after a couple weeks of games.

In my main league, he's a target for me via FAAB if he's around after week 2 when I cut dwill loose

I went ahead and added him in all 3 of my leagues. I dropped Baldwin and Marvin Jones for him. The upside is there and Seattle has had nothing but good things to say about him all preseason. Worth a look as a WR5/6 IMO. Might as well get him now while he's free.

Good point. Would you drop Funchess for him though? I'm a bit hamstrung with my RBs being Bell, Morris, Foster, Gurley and Dwill for 2 weeks.

For Funchess? Maybe. I mean Funchess is battling a hamstring injury himself and we really have no idea what his role is going to be in the offense. I think most are just assuming he'll take Benjamin's role.

I can't decide whether or not to add Lockett now as a bench flyer or wait until after a couple weeks of games.

In my main league, he's a target for me via FAAB if he's around after week 2 when I cut dwill loose

I am planning to do the same when I cut D. Williams after week 2. I am hoping either Locket or Brandon Coleman become something special this season.

I do like Coleman, but we have to remember he's still behind Cooks and Colston. If one of them were to go down, he definitely has value. But the Saints haven't really had 3 relevant fantasy WRs before, at least consistently. And from all reports, they want to run the ball more this season.

I do like Coleman, but we have to remember he's still behind Cooks and Colston. If one of them were to go down, he definitely has value. But the Saints haven't really had 3 relevant fantasy WRs before, at least consistently. And from all reports, they want to run the ball more this season.

Agree for the most part, but losing Graham changes the dynamic.  They've had 3 relevant receivers, its just that one has been a TE.  

Agree for the most part, but losing Graham changes the dynamic.  They've had 3 relevant receivers, its just that one has been a TE.  

Very true. But they seem like they want to focus more on the run game this year, so they'll be less passes going around. I do like Coleman, but I just don't know what his full role is quite yet. At 6'6", he makes a very nice red zone target.

Kap has been alright. Boldin and Smith have played together before, so it may actually help Boldin. He's more of a possession type WR anyway and Smith is more of your big play guy. So I don't think Smith really hurts anything there. I mean, Boldin had been playing across from Crabtree and Davis and been fine.

Yeah, I went back and forth on it when I was setting up my tiers.  A lot of times those veteran WRs who get overlooked like Andre Johnson, Roddy White and Boldin are great values to me, but this year they all just kind of made me cringe.  They all were taken before I'd be willing to in most of my drafts.  I think I have White on one team, Steve Smith on another, and no shares of Boldin or Andre Johnson this time around.

Part of what I meant in terms of turnover was also the RB and offensive line.  They don't have the kind of bruising line they used to.  I just worry about the offense in general, and that makes me worry about Boldin.  We'll see I guess.

just did my PPR 3 RB/3WR/1 Flex league.  Provide suggestions please.  12 team league

QB: Luck, Newton

RB: Gordon, Martin, Blount, R. Jennings, D. Williams(pitt backup)

WR: Brown, Hilton, Boldin, Amendola, J. Jones(packers), Floyd(cards)

TE: Reed

K: Scobee

Defense: Houston

Can anyone else rate my team?  

I'm kind of sweating Ben in NE tonight too. Flipped him him out for Bradford a couple of times, but put him back in. Figured I'd follow my own advice, and start who I drafted to be my starter. I've got him and Gronk going tonight. That suspected shootout in Atlanta sure is tempting though.

Here is the team I put together at pick 3 of a 12 man league.

QBs: Rivers, Cutler (Almost had Brady round 7. I passed on him pick 7 since the two in front of me had QBs and planned to pick him round 8. He got picked right before my 3rd selection round 8)

RBs: Lynch, McCoy, Ellington, Sproles, Deangelo Williams (rd 16 selection)

Wrs: Evans, Jeffrey, K Allen, K Wright, Amendola, T Lockett (Dumped my backup TE Fleener for Lockett. Also took a flyer on Reggie Wayne round 15 and when he asked for release I picked up Amendola).

TE: M Bennett

Def: Seattle

Kick: Carpenter

12 man league, points per reception. 2 rbs, 3 wrs and flex that can be rb/wr/TE. Was very happy with the way things turned out.

Can anyone else rate my team?  

12 team PPR league, 3 RB/3WR:

QB-Luck...you're set, quality backup for by week.

RB: Gordon stock fell recently for good reason. I think your RBs are Avg. at best. Play D. Williams until L. Bell returns in that offense.

WR: You have the #1 WR PPR and most Standard Leagues. Floyd (if healthy is a standard league WR2, PPR a 2-3). You might look for any FAs that will get many targets to pick up.

TE: Reed is a nice sleeper if he can stay healthy. Good PPR TE. Have backup plans with not current depth.

Overall, I'd say team is average. 

Just trying to keep it real...Bro. Good luck!

Alright, fantasy question:

3 WR set, I got Amari Cooper and Antonio Brown locked in to start, as for my 3rd, I had DJax but heard he may be limited. I threw him in Flex and put in Kendall Wright (heard him and Mariota have built quite the relationship).

I do however still have Charles Johnson and Tyler Lockett sitting on the bench, not sure if they could match either DJax or Wright.

Also, I got Jordan Reed sitting with Larry Donnell as my TE, but thinking possibly using Reed week 1 while I still can, plus with Miami's tough D, Kirk may do a bunch of dump offs.

Thoughts?

Alright, fantasy question:

3 WR set, I got Amari Cooper and Antonio Brown locked in to start, as for my 3rd, I had DJax but heard he may be limited. I threw him in Flex and put in Kendall Wright (heard him and Mariota have built quite the relationship).

I do however still have Charles Johnson and Tyler Lockett sitting on the bench, not sure if they could match either DJax or Wright.

Also, I got Jordan Reed sitting with Larry Donnell as my TE, but thinking possibly using Reed week 1 while I still can, plus with Miami's tough D, Kirk may do a bunch of dump offs.

Thoughts?

I'd check active list 1 hour before and play DJax if active. He could bust a bubble-screen for a big play or hit long pass at any time. Hard to sit a guy like that. (See JMS post #242)

Reed is healthy (for now) and I like him as a sleeper TE this season. The QB (now) throwing him the ball gets the ball out quick and Reed can get open. Having said that (full disclosure) I have D. Walker and Reed and I'm starting Walker. This is a tough call for you.

I'd check active list 1 hour before and play DJax if active. He could bust a bubble-screen for a big play or hit long pass at any time. Hard to sit a guy like that. (See JMS post #242)

Reed is healthy (for now) and I like him as a sleeper TE this season. The QB (now) throwing him the ball gets the ball out quick and Reed can get open. Having said that (full disclosure) I have D. Walker and Reed and I'm starting Walker. This is a tough call for you.

Hmm, alright good call on DJax, I'll keep an eye on that.

Yeah, I'm leaning a little more towards Reed, Sean Lee is going to be covering Donnell which may limit his catches.

Thanks for the information.

Archived