Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2015 Fantasy Football Thread

MattFancy

Beasley, Boldin, J. Jones, Blount or D. Williams for 2 PPR spots?

I'm assuming James Jones. I'd rank them: 

Boldin, Beasley, Jones, D. Williams, Blount

I still don't trust James Jones. If he does it again, I might change my tune. I have a sneaky suspicion this might be Randall Cobb or Davante Adams week for the pack. I'm not so sure I trust any Packers WRs as plug and play w/o Jordy though. 

Picked up Denver's defense in every single league this year. What they have on that side of the ball this year is scary. Denver will be a top 3 defense, you can book that.

KABOOM. BOOM!!!!!!!!!

5 sacks

2 interceptions

3 fumble recoveries

1 touchdown

last week:

3 sacks

2 interceptions

1 touchdown

7 points allowed

CJ Anderson was the one back pre-season that was in the Top 5-7 conversation that I was totally uncomfortable with ... primarily because of Denver's willingness to switch it up in the backfield. 

Same here. I had a chance to grab him at 2.2 in one of my drafts and passed on him for Beckham. Just didn't feel like the Broncos OL would be good and the fact that they have no problem moving on to a different RB.

All that said, I wouldn't be opposed to offering the Anderson owner some trade ideas. If I can get him for cheap now, why not?

It's the oline. Two rookies and a second year guy that had never started before last week.

The hype after preseason waa that they looked good. Well, that was preseason. After Kubiak was hired, all I heard every day on local sports radio was how the Broncos were going to run a lot more and use cj Anderson A LOT.

Denver tried last night, even after it didn't work the first 17 times...there just weren't any holes there.

It's the oline. Two rookies and a second year guy that had never started before last week.

The hype after preseason waa that they looked good. Well, that was preseason. After Kubiak was hired, all I heard every day on local sports radio was how the Broncos were going to run a lot more and use cj Anderson A LOT.

Denver tried last night, even after it didn't work the first 17 times...there just weren't any holes there.

The concern is that Anderson is banged up right now as well. Dealing with a toe injury. Hillman has actually looked better through the 1st 2 games. The Chiefs and Ravens are also 2 solid defenses. Think things will get a little easier going forward, but I don't think Anderson will get anywhere near his 1st round value the rest of the way. Again, that won't stop me from floating some trade offers towards the Anderson owners in my leagues.

All that said, I wouldn't be opposed to offering the Anderson owner some trade ideas. If I can get him for cheap now, why not?

If you were to do that ... which is a solid buy low strategy ... I would also recommend picking up Ronnie Hillman as well ... and if you have solid RB depth, that might be a hinderance.

I had Hillman last year, made my roster extremely dynamic ... and then suddenly he was gone as soon as he was impactful. Have a  feeling that'll be the case again with Denver this year, so make sure you have Hillman.

In my primary big-money league, the guy who has CJ Anderson just benched him this week in favor of Ameer Abdullah ... so my thinking is he is primed to buy-low on in that league since his owner is already moving him (and since had a 2nd bad game). I just don't know if I want him haha

Speaking of strange offers. Guy got Peyton Manning for $12 off the FAAB (I had $12 as well, but he had priority) ... I know he doesn't really want him ... so I'm offering him Terrance Williams, Sammy Watkins, Ryan Tannehill for Peyton Manning and Dez Bryant. Dumb to trade for Dez at this point? Would be a pretty stout stash for late in the season. 

I place a lot more emphasis on the end of the season nowadays. It's fun to go 10-3 ... but if you can make the playoffs and get hot, you'll win the league. I already bet on Arian Foster and Todd Gurley in addition to keeping Le'Veon Bell ... and I'll be getting all 3 back in Week 3 it seems. So I'll have a stout starting roster with the ability to house Bryant on the bench while I await his return. I'll probably wait until after this weekend's slate of games to offer anything though, since I'm using Williams and Watkins in my Flex1 and Flex2 spots this week. Next week, with Foster, Gurley, Bell back ... one of them would take the Flex1 in addition to Alfred Morris moving to Flex2 ... so Williams and Watkins would shift to my bench anyway. 

If you were to do that ... which is a solid buy low strategy ... I would also recommend picking up Ronnie Hillman as well ... and if you have solid RB depth, that might be a hinderance.

I had Hillman last year, made my roster extremely dynamic ... and then suddenly he was gone as soon as he was impactful. Have a  feeling that'll be the case again with Denver this year, so make sure you have Hillman.

In my primary big-money league, the guy who has CJ Anderson just benched him this week in favor of Ameer Abdullah ... so my thinking is he is primed to buy-low on in that league since his owner is already moving him (and since had a 2nd bad game). I just don't know if I want him haha

There is one league that I already have Hillman. Picked him up yesterday actually.

In that league, my RBs are Lacy, Forsett, Ivory, Vereen, Coleman, David Johnson and Hillman (keeper league and kept Lacy/Forsett). Do I need Anderson? Probably not, but if I can get him for cheap, then sure I'll take him.

There is one league that I already have Hillman. Picked him up yesterday actually.

In that league, my RBs are Lacy, Forsett, Ivory, Vereen, Coleman, David Johnson and Hillman (keeper league and kept Lacy/Forsett). Do I need Anderson? Probably not, but if I can get him for cheap, then sure I'll take him.

That's not a bad plan. Question is who do you give up for him?

The guy with CJ in my league also has Eddie Lacy, LeSean McCoy, Tevin Coleman and Ameer Abdullah. He can definitely afford to move off Anderson, but he has solid depth all over his roster, so there's really no benefit for him to sell low.

As far as my squad, starting next week I'll have Le'Veon Bell, Arian Foster, Todd Gurley, Alfred Morris ... all of whom will be starting in my roster (Alf will likely go back and forth from bench to Flex2). I know there's some injury risk there, but I don't know if I have a dire need for a RB to go after CJ.

That's not a bad plan. Question is who do you give up for him?

The guy with CJ in my league also has Eddie Lacy, LeSean McCoy, Tevin Coleman and Ameer Abdullah. He can definitely afford to move off Anderson, but he has solid depth all over his roster, so there's really no benefit for him to sell low.

As far as my squad, starting next week I'll have Le'Veon Bell, Arian Foster, Todd Gurley, Alfred Morris ... all of whom will be starting in my roster (Alf will likely go back and forth from bench to Flex2). I know there's some injury risk there, but I don't know if I have a dire need for a RB to go after CJ.

No clue what I would give up at this point. Maybe try and sell high on Ivory?

No clue what I would give up at this point. Maybe try and sell high on Ivory?

Yeah, that would be the way I'd go, depending on how many keepers you get. Coleman and David Johnson would be worth hanging on to as keepers but if you're only able to keep 1-2 guys, and don't think they'd be in the equation, you could sell high on Coleman.

Hi everyone, new to this place. Do you guys discuss Draft Kings lineups here or strictly year long leagues? I play both each week, and have 7 season long leagues. Without fantasypros would have a hard time managing them all. Thought I would share this

In a startup Dynasty league where the league drafted 30 rounds double the normal draft length I've had a rough go of it so far. Jordy Nelson out for the year, Desean Jackson down for 4 weeks, Arian Foster down for a few more weeks, Demaryius Thomas CJ Anderson and Peyton Manning on my team questionable what they do this year....makes for a challenging start to the season to be sure and started off 0-1. With the draft and benches so much deeper then normal leagues I was wondering if anyone was eyeballing some unknown players that might be able to help this group out there? I decided once I lost Desean to take a stab on Rashard Ross who looked great in preseason and "could" be in line for some deep passes in the future. Long shots like that likely rostered on 100% of leagues out there are names I'm looking for. Thanks everyone

Long shots like that likely rostered on 100% of leagues out there are names I'm looking for. Thanks everyone

Tough to say because of the fact that your league is 30 players deep, so the chances of players being rostered compared to a normal league is extremely high. Some guys I'm keeping my eyes on for a little later are likely already rostered in your league. 

As for DraftKings ... we have been discussing daily leagues so yeah! Both

Yeah, that would be the way I'd go, depending on how many keepers you get. Coleman and David Johnson would be worth hanging on to as keepers but if you're only able to keep 1-2 guys, and don't think they'd be in the equation, you could sell high on Coleman.

We only keep 2 and they cost us 2 rounds from where we drafted them or undrafted guys are kept for a 9th.

For next year (thinking WAY ahead at this point) this is what they would cost me:

Lacy - 2nd (got him in our rookie draft in 2013 and he cost me a 6th in 2014 to keep)

Forsett - 7th

Coleman - 8th

David Johnson - 9th

Again, way too early to be thinking about keepers, but those would be what my RBs would cost me.

The Chiefs and Ravens are also 2 solid defenses. Think things will get a little easier going forward, 

I think that has a lot to do with it as well.  Next three games for the Broncos:  Detroit, Cleveland, Oakland.  Things should finally open up for that offense, and hopefully for CJ as well.  

I think that has a lot to do with it as well.  Next three games for the Broncos:  Detroit, Cleveland, Oakland.  Things should finally open up for that offense, and hopefully for CJ as well.  

Same thing happened with Lacy last year. Got off to a slow start because of the defenses they were playing. Once the schedule softened up a bit, Lacy took off. That's why I think making a move for Anderson right now would be smart. The Broncos will get it all figured out.

Here is my lineup for this week on Fanduel. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

QB - Drew Brees

RB - Justin Forsett

Carlos Hyde

WR - Julio Jones

Terrance Williams

Brandon Coleman

TE - Jordan Cameron

K - Justin Tucker

D - Miami Dolphins

DFS is such a crapshoot every week. I did it last year and consider myself a pretty good fantasy player. No matter what people tell you, there's a TON of luck involved in DFS. You can put together a great looking lineup on paper, but you have no control of anything after that.

That lineup looks perfectly fine, but depending how what you're playing in, who knows how it will actually do.

DFS is such a crapshoot every week. I did it last year and consider myself a pretty good fantasy player. No matter what people tell you, there's a TON of luck involved in DFS. You can put together a great looking lineup on paper, but you have no control of anything after that.

That lineup looks perfectly fine, but depending how what you're playing in, who knows how it will actually do.

100% agree. Plus with the fact you have a cap and playing against 200 other people, a lot of people end up with very similar lineups. I ended up out of the money last week by only two points.

100% agree. Plus with the fact you have a cap and playing against 200 other people, a lot of people end up with very similar lineups. I ended up out of the money last week by only two points.

Its not easy. I'd advise against playing in any large tournaments. Sure, winning all that money seems nice, but playing against that many people, it's almost impossible to win anything big.

I feel like in the DFS i always try not to invest in QBs due to only getting 4 points for a TD. 

I ended up winning $15 last week which is the most i have ever won before.

The key is getting a lot of points from players not a lot of people own. Killed it with Eifert last week. Think he was owned on 4% of teams.

Think week im looking for Witten, Foles and Sproles to have good weeks. Those three are pretty cheap which allowed me to invest in three big name RBs/WRs.

But as Matt said its all luck. 

Archived