Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2015 Fantasy Football Thread

MattFancy

What are your guys thoughts on Jarvis Landry? Im thinking about making a play for him in a dynasty league. Just trying to gauge what to give up for him. 

Thinking Allen Robinson and an RB2 should get the job done? Or am i way overvaluing him? I feel like this guy is gonna be a star. 

Think I'd prefer Robinson to him. Landry is a nice WR, but they just drafted Parker and I think Parker will be more valuable long-term than Landry.

I think Jarvis Landry is good, but even if you think he's better than Robinson I don't think he's so much better that you'd give up an RB2 for him.

Boldin is always so underrated. In PPR last year, he was a top 20 WR. I'd feel totally fine with Boldin as my WR3 or WR4.

Yeah, I agree.  It's just an offense I have so little confidence in.  Kaepernick ultimately isn't very good, and it's not clear to me what impact the arrival of Torrey Smith has.  There are also offensive line concerns.  Basically there's been a ton of turnover in that offense and the quarterback isn't great, so the ability to predict this year from last year is shaky.  (And last year was a dropoff for Boldin from the year before.)

He's absolutely fine as a safe WR4 pick, but I don't tend to use my WR4s and WR5s for that.  I'd rather take some cracks at upside with those end-of-roster spots.

Yeah, I agree.  It's just an offense I have so little confidence in.  Kaepernick ultimately isn't very good, and it's not clear to me what impact the arrival of Torrey Smith has.  There are also offensive line concerns.  Basically there's been a ton of turnover in that offense and the quarterback isn't great, so the ability to predict this year from last year is shaky.  (And last year was a dropoff for Boldin from the year before.)

He's absolutely fine as a safe WR4 pick, but I don't tend to use my WR4s and WR5s for that.  I'd rather take some cracks at upside with those end-of-roster spots.

Kap has been alright. Boldin and Smith have played together before, so it may actually help Boldin. He's more of a possession type WR anyway and Smith is more of your big play guy. So I don't think Smith really hurts anything there. I mean, Boldin had been playing across from Crabtree and Davis and been fine.

Jordan Matthews is only $6,800 somehow

Also Sam Bradford is just $7,500

Tyron Taylor is $5,000

Davante Adams is $5,500

Had Bradford, Matthews and Adams in all my daily line ups. Just too good of a value to pass up

The problem is, everyone and their mother probably has those same 3 guys in their lineups.

My feedback was going to be that it's a waste to carry 2 QBs, TEs, Ks and DSTs. Then I saw the mandatory rosters bit. Such a stupid rule that forces bad fantasy play for no apparent reason.

If you're going to drop anyone I'd drop a tight end, not a RB.

I would much rather have David Johnson, who has a conceivable pathway to every-week work even without an injury than Josh Robinson. I also like all your receivers better than James Jones, although I don't love Boldin.

I dont have roster limits so I could drop a te. I'm just worried James Jones is going to blow up, which is entirely possible, and he's available as a fa, wouldn't even have to use a waiver claim on him. In supprised he hasn't been picked up yet. This guy has lead the league in tds before in pretty much the same situation he's in now. He's def worth an add, I just don't know if it's worth dropping any of my players. I like having 2 tes unless I have a gronk or grahm or olsen, **** even kelce and I'd prob only roster 1. We only have 5 bench spots so it's tough.

Would you guys drop walker or Witten to roster jones? My wrs are pretty set but jones has a really high ceiling, much higher than boldin or my tes imo.

Would you guys drop walker or Witten to roster jones? My wrs are pretty set but jones has a really high ceiling, much higher than boldin or my tes imo.

I may be wrong, but I don't see James Jones being anything more special than he was in his time before with the Packers. Erratic, WR3 numbers on a good day. I'd rather have Boldin and keep my two TEs. Like Stevie Johnson too. I don't see what Jones brings to your team that you don't already have.

I dont have roster limits so I could drop a te. I'm just worried James Jones is going to blow up, which is entirely possible, and he's available as a fa, wouldn't even have to use a waiver claim on him. In supprised he hasn't been picked up yet. This guy has lead the league in tds before in pretty much the same situation he's in now. He's def worth an add, I just don't know if it's worth dropping any of my players. I like having 2 tes unless I have a gronk or grahm or olsen, **** even kelce and I'd prob only roster 1. We only have 5 bench spots so it's tough.

I don't think Jones' ceiling is all that high. Cobb is still there and Adams has been talked up all offseason. Could Jones have a couple good weeks? Sure. But I'd rather have some like Boldin than Jones. We know what Boldin's role in his offense his, we have no idea right now how GB will utilize Jones.

I think Cobb will have similar numbers to last year. Adams will likely have 60-70% of Jordy's numbers (1,000 yards, 10 TDs) ... and Jeff Janis/Ty Montgomery (one not both) will have like 700-800 yards and 4-5 TDs. I just don't see the Packers using an older WR to get production when they've invested in youth. 

12-team standard draft last night (my last). Had to auto-draft after the first 5 picks as I had a softball game.

QB: Cam Newton

RB: Jeremy Hill, Frank Gore, Arian Foster, Rashad Jennings

WR: Julio Jones, Jordan Matthews, Jarvis Landry, Allen Robinson, Charles Johnson, Nelson Agholor, Pierre Garcon

TE: Delanie Walker

It's a QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, W/R, TE, K, DEF league ... so with limited starting options, I might cut Garcon for a back-up QB ... and hope to eventually pair Landry/Robinson/Johnson/Agholor (who I all think are poised for break-out years) for a big upgrade to start later on. Love my depth, but I'll have constant decisions each week on who to start at Flex among my deep WRs ... although if Arian comes back full force, he's my flex.

I was also let in to my cousin's/aunt/uncle's league this year. They're novices and have refused to let me in and used me as an adviser, but they expanded from their measly 6 to 8 this year and let me in. I feel bad even posting this roster, but it's fun.

QB: Matthew Stafford

RB: Adrian Peterson, Jamaal Charles, Frank Gore, Arian Foster, Doug Martin, Devonta Freeman

WR: Demaryius Thomas, Brandin Cooks, Jordan Mattews, Jarvis Landry, Sammy Watkins

TE: Delanie Walker, Coby Fleener

I signed up for Draft Kings but haven't made a deposit or started playing. Seems like a waste of money.

I did FanDuel for the last 6-7 weeks last year. I played a lot of $5 games. I almost always broke even ... a few times I made decent money. If you're in it to win big, it's not necessarily a good investment. But if you're in it for the fun and are okay with breaking even or making a little money, it's certainly do-able.

Usually the top 40% or so get money, whether it's money back, or a little more. One tournament I paid $5 to play and came away with like $20 for finishing in the top 10% ... you don't necessarily have to win or come in the top 5% to make decent money.

Of course, there are weeks where you just bomb out and don't win anything ... but then you're just out $5. I only started with like $25 ... but if you put down $200 or something like that and play some of the bigger $25 games, your payout is obviously a lot higher.

I may be wrong, but I don't see James Jones being anything more special than he was in his time before with the Packers. Erratic, WR3 numbers on a good day. I'd rather have Boldin and keep my two TEs. Like Stevie Johnson too. I don't see what Jones brings to your team that you don't already have.

I'm prob over thinking it. Jones did lead the league in td catches just a couple years ago in almost the same situation...I think he def has value, I'm gonna stick yo my draft tho and see what happens...I picked 11 so I have good waiver priority after week 1, I'll just wait till someone actually blows up before I make a move. I like my team.

I have Greg Olsen & Zach Ertz,

Thinking about picking up Dwayne Allen and dropping Ertz. I have a feeling Allen will be the red zone target again and will have a better year than Fleener. thoughts?

Pretty sure ertz is hurt and is second on the depth chart behind celeck? Honestly with olsen you really don't need to roster a 2nd tight end right now. I'd use that spot on a high upside flyer or something els depending on who's available. Olsen is a stud and unless you have graham or gronk, your going to be starting olsen every week besides his bye week. Go pick up a rb or wr.

But if you must pick another te, and it's between Fleener and allen, I'd go allen. Honestly I'd look somewhere else besides the colt tes, you never know who's going to get the targets week to week when both are healthy.

Remember, this is the season of second guessing rosters. You drafted these squads for a reason ... and now there's too much time to overanalyze before the first set of games. Just sit tight unless you have a glaring hole!

So true...always second guessing this time of the year.

Pretty sure ertz is hurt and is second on the depth chart behind celeck? Honestly with olsen you really don't need to roster a 2nd tight end right now. I'd use that spot on a high upside flyer or something els depending on who's available. Olsen is a stud and unless you have graham or gronk, your going to be starting olsen every week besides his bye week. Go pick up a rb or wr.

But if you must pick another te, and it's between Fleener and allen, I'd go allen. Honestly I'd look somewhere else besides the colt tes, you never know who's going to get the targets week to week when both are healthy.

So true...always second guessing this time of the year.

Yeah that's true....Olsen will be my starter besides the bye week and really no need to waste a spot on Ertz.  thanks for the advice. 

I would hold on to Ertz AS a high-upside flyer.  He had abdominal surgery a month ago, and it is a 4-6 week injury.  He is clearly the most physically gifted TE on the Eagles.  Once he returns, IF he stays healthy, in that offense he could be a top 5 TE.

Im in 3 leagues this year, my most recent draft went as follows, it is a 10 team PPR league:

QB:  Brady, Bradford

RB:  Charles, Jeremy Hill, Ivory, Foster

WR:  Hilton, K Allen, John Brown, Martavis Bryant, Quick

TE:  Eifert, Sefarian-Jenkins

Baltimore's defense (but i might stream) and a kicker.

If Allen or Bryant breaks out, I think I will win the whole thing.

Archived