Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2015 Fantasy Football Thread

MattFancy

Bump still looking for 1die hard fantasy football player for a keeper league. League draft is on sunday sept 6. Youngchew is in the league now as well.

Hey guys just wondering if any of you were interested in joining my Fantasy Football keeper league. This is the 4th year I have been running this league and we use CBS It is a 10 team league, total points not head to head. It is PPR and has a full 11 man def. We have an auction draft for starters and reserve draft for backups. If you are a die hard fantasy football guy I think you will love this league. We are looking for 1 players. I can send you all the info if you are interested.  This league really separates the men from the boys!! You can keep players 3 years once you draft them, there is a salary cap and you can trade players and draft picks. But i think the best part is drafting 11 individual def starters instead of a team def. Everyone that has joined says this is one of their favorite parts about the league. Top 3 teams win money. $100 to join and $15 for the CBS website. You can take over one of the teams that left or start from scratch with all your money. If you are interested I can send you an invite and let you look at the open team or you can start with a blank team and all your money.   Greg

Lacy for me. PPR I still like Charles.

I got one...rank these guys .5 ppr: Gore, Latavius Murray, Ingram. I'm leaning towards Gore. I think he still has one warhorse year in him with defenses having to worry about that passing attack. Anyone want to talk me out of it? Really between him and Ingram, who I think most like more.

Im all in on Ingram. I have been holding onto him for the last three years in a dynasty league. Fingers crossed he finally takes the next step.

I did my first draft ever in a ppr league with ten friends last night. I would appreciate some feedback o my haul...

1. AP

2.Gronk

3.Megatron

4.Eddleman

5.Carlos Hyde

6.Keenan Allen

7.Ameer Abdullah

8. Victor Cruz

9.Phillip Rivers

10. Desean Jackson

11.Ram's d

12. Tom Brady

13.Matt Stafford

14.jordan Reed

15. Detroits D

I guess I went a little Qb happy towards the end but what do you'll think for my first draft?

Like it. Cant go wrong with your first two picks. Would imagine you were picking pretty high.

Eddleman is a PPR machine.

I think Cruz is a big time sleeper this year. With ODBJ taking on a lot of doubles Cruz should be running around free from the slot. Im trying to grab him in as many PPRs as possible. 

If youre required to start two RBs you gotta really buy into the Hyde hype. Gotta hope hes a workhorse or you might be in trouble there.

Yeah. I was thinking trade bait for one of the qb's. I really feel week at rb after ap. Alfred was stolen from me right before the hyde pick.Kind of worried about having so many Lions. I'm really hoping abdullah takes the league by storm

12 team standard .5 ppr league

Would you be happy with this draft?

Qb: Stafford

Rb: lynch, gore, yeldon, ivory, a. Williams

Wr: Beckham jr, cooks, garcon, m. Bryant, Moncrief, funchess

Te: Reed, heath miller

D: panthers

K: crosby

I feel like the player rankings on various website vary more this year than usual. Players are all over the place. This can be helpful if your league uses primarily one website like my league mates do. It can help you determine how fall targets might fall.

RBs look solid.

WRs aren't bad, not sure if I would feel confident in Garcon as my WR3. Bryant could be good when he comes back from suspension. Funchess is a wild card for sure.

TEs are a little weak. I like Miller more than Reed.

Depends which Stafford shows up. He hasn't been nearly as good the last 2 seasons.

RBs look solid.

WRs aren't bad, not sure if I would feel confident in Garcon as my WR3. Bryant could be good when he comes back from suspension. Funchess is a wild card for sure.

TEs are a little weak. I like Miller more than Reed.

Depends which Stafford shows up. He hasn't been nearly as good the last 2 seasons.

It was a mock, but pretty much is showing my draft strategy this year. Wait on te and qb, nab 1 top level rb and wr. Guess on the rest.

I would agree with your evaluation except I'd be confident starting miller every week. I'm high on him this year.

Well last year I had 16 teams found that to be too many. Thought I had drafted great ( Ranked them on line with fantastic results and yet went 0-16 week one and 2-14 week 2. Only two teams made the playoffs and both knocked out in the 1st round. This year I went with 9 teams probably still too many one thing I'm not going to over estimate them this year.

This is my last team $150, 12 team PPR. Overall Pick#3. Have at it.

QBS

Roethlisberger - Pick 6.10

Ryan, Matt - Pick 9.3 (This was a value pick wanted Mason but Ryan in the 9th??)

RBs

J. Charles - Pick 1.3

L Miller - Pick 3.3

J Stewart - Pick 5,3

R. Bush - Pick 10.10 (Shocked e was still there as RBs went fast and furious)

WR

A. Jeffrey - Pick 2.10

J. Edelman - Pick 4.10

V. Jackson - Pick 7.3

B. Lafell - Pick 11.3 (really didn't want him since I Had Edelman but value again)

A. Hurns - Pick 12.10

J. Janis - Pick 14.10

K. Britt - Pick 15,3

C Shorts - Pick 16.10

TE

D Walker - Pick 8.10

C. Clay - Pick 13.3

K

B Walsh - Pick 18.10

D

Bengals - Pick 17.3

I don't mind 10-team leagues, but I don't think you go deep enough into the player pool to make it interesting.  There's almost always waiver wire talent available at every position except maybe RB.

12 is probably ideal for the "typical" fantasy experience, but I actually like 14- and 16-team leagues a lot.  I once played in a 20-team Superflex league (no money on the line), although a few owners have since dropped out.

I don't mind 10-team leagues, but I don't think you go deep enough into the player pool to make it interesting.  There's almost always waiver wire talent available at every position except maybe RB.

12 is probably ideal for the "typical" fantasy experience, but I actually like 14- and 16-team leagues a lot.  I once played in a 20-team Superflex league (no money on the line), although a few owners have since dropped out.

If I was to rank them I'd say the best is easily 12 and is the standard now. 14 better is than 16  at least there is talent to have but takes work, 16 gets difficult and may rely on injuries to make and break teams.  10 is for no skill players (Think you should have to have an AOL.com account to play in a 10 team league -  it is so 90s).

10 team league. PPR. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, Def, K.

QB: Brees

RBs: Miller, Murray, Ivory, Ellington, Martin, Matt Jones (last pick of the draft...had to be a homer on the off chance Alf has a lot of his load taken).

WRs: Antonio Brown, Randall Cobb, Brandin Cooks, Jarvis Landry, Garcon, Boldin

TE: Hill

Def: Miami

K: Crosby

QB: brady, stafford

RB: bell, l.murray, abdullah, gordon, gurley, foster

WR: OBJ, j.jones, jeffrey, j.landry

TE: witten

K: prater

D: miami

advice time, gentlemen:

roster is above; it is a QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, K, team D league.

good news for me (fantasy wise, anyway) about brady, so i'm thinking of dropping stafford, who plays seattle during brady's bye.

who do you think i should pick up (if anyone) out of:

Bridgewater (plays @ Den during Brady's bye week, but might have a killer year and be QB1)

M.Bryant

Wheaton

Spiller

A.Gates (or should i straight swap gates and witten?)

defensively, i'm not sold on miami. NE, GB, Car, and KC are all available... thoughts on if i should stay with Mia or go with one of the others listed?

i haven't been paying enough attention to things this year. thanks for your help!

I am happy to report that I drafted Tom Brady in the middle of the sixth round in a 12 team league that happened Tuesday.  For comparison, both Big Ben and Matt Ryan went at the beginning of the 5th, Brees, Peyton, and Wilson went middle 4th.  Without the 4 game suspension, I would put Brady slightly behind Wilson, roughly equal with Brees, and better than the rest.  

First draft of the year! It was a keeper (Bell for a 3rd, L. Murray for a 10th) ... in hindsight I should have kept Jordan Matthews over Murray for a 10th with the way RBs went later after a rush on early RBs and pretty much ever WR. Oh well. What ya think? Half Point PPR

QB: Ryan Tannehill

RB: Le'Veon Bell, Latavius Murray, Mark Ingram, Todd Gurley, Devonta Freeman

WR: Demaryius Thomas, Julio Jones, Jarvis Landry, Allen Robinson, Devin Funchess, Breshad Perriman

TE: Kyle Rudolph, Antonio Gates, Eric Ebron

K: NEED ONE

DEF: New York Jets

I went with 3 TEs and 6 WRs ... I have to cut one for a Kicker before Week 1 ... any thoughts?

I went with 3 TEs and 6 WRs ... I have to cut one for a Kicker before Week 1 ... any thoughts?

Good team! If it were me, I think the choice comes down to Perriman or Ebron. Interesting you targeted Ebron. I kinda think he might do something this year too. If it were me, I'd keep him and see how he does, especially since Gates is sitting out the first 4 games. The other reason is just because of your other WRs. Who knows what Funchess is going to do, but he will be heavily involved. Landry will be solid. Robinson potential stud, and the other guys are already certified.

Have my draft in a new league tonight. 10 team 2 qb ppr and I have the #4 pick. Should be interesting. I figure they take brown, Peterson and bell leaving me to pick from lacy, charles or dez

You could just throw everyone off and go Luck-Rodgers with your first two picks lol. Start a panic-run on QBs and then as everyone is drafting QBs, get back into the RBs and WRs 

Archived