Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2015 Fantasy Football Thread

MattFancy

Have my draft in a new league tonight. 10 team 2 qb ppr and I have the #4 pick. Should be interesting. I figure they take brown, Peterson and bell leaving me to pick from lacy, charles or dez

If you are in a 2QB league, I'd strongly suggest taking a QB in the 1st.

At the #4, is that not pricey?

especially if someone else jumps and takes Luck before me?

In 2 QB leagues, you're going to want 2 top QBs. Think about, who scores the most points per season? In most of my leagues 8 of the top 10 are QBs. You could have a huge advantage over the rest of the league if say your 2QBs are Luck/Rodgers and say one of Brady/Ryan/romoSUCKS/Eli. That's probably 50-60 points a week right there.

In 2 QB leagues, you're going to want 2 top QBs. Think about, who scores the most points per season? In most of my leagues 8 of the top 10 are QBs. You could have a huge advantage over the rest of the league if say your 2QBs are Luck/Rodgers and say one of Brady/Ryan/romoSUCKS/Eli. That's probably 50-60 points a week right there.

i generally agree with you, but it isn't a 50-60 pt swing. rodgers and luck are projected at 350ish pts for the year, which is 22ish pts per game. brady/romo are projected to be at 285 pts, or 17.5 pts per game. that's a projected 9pt difference... still sizable, but not 50-60pts.

i generally agree with you, but it isn't a 50-60 pt swing. rodgers and luck are projected at 350ish pts for the year, which is 22ish pts per game. brady/romoSUCKS are projected to be at 285 pts, or 17.5 pts per game. that's a projected 9pt difference... still sizable, but not 50-60pts.

So it's only a 4pt/TD league for passing?

Going by one of the Footballguys cheatsheets for a 2QB league: They have 13 QBs in their Top 50.

So maybe not take one in the first 2 rounds, but I think it wouldn't hurt to have at least 1 in the 1st 2 rounds. With you're 2nd coming in the next 2 rounds.

Going by one of the Footballguys cheatsheets for a 2QB league: They have 13 QBs in their Top 50.

So maybe not take one in the first 2 rounds, but I think it wouldn't hurt to have at least 1 in the 1st 2 rounds. With you're 2nd coming in the next 2 rounds.

no idea... it is in my league, so the projected numbers are probably reflecting that. that would obviously affect the numbers...

Yep. 4 pts for a qb on a passing td. I'm inclined to let others overdraft qbs if they're flying off the board in the first 2 rounds, load up on position guys early, and wait for 3rd or even 4th to grab my first one. Tough though, easy to wait too long

Ok guys I'm in a 12 team ppr league picking 11. My top 10 is the top 5 rbs (ap, bell, charles, lacy, lynch) and the top 5 wrs (ab, julio, dez, demarious, obj) Say these guys are all gone at 11, who do you take? If this happens I really don't know what to do. Im thinking gronk but my mocks end up pretty ****ty if i take gronk in the first or second.

What would you guys do? I'm thinking forte maybe.

Ughhhh. Had my big money auction draft tonight and totally screwed my strategy. I had $17 left and my WRs are weak ... And I've got a roster full of upside guys. Thoughts? I actually got stuck with Morris for $20 trying to bid him up. Cooper and Landry were my two targets for WR3/4 and Both went for 25+ and outside of the money I was willing to spend. Pretty bummed. Half point PPR. FWIW drafting live with your league in person even if on computers is awesome.

QB: Ryan Tannehill, Matt Ryan

RB: Le'Veon Bell, Alfred Morris, Todd Gurley, Arian Foster, Devonta Freeman

WR: Demaryius Thomas, Jordan Matthews, Sammy Watkins, Brandon Coleman, Devin Funchess

TE: Jordan Cameron, Tyler Eifert

K: josh scobee

def: RAMS

It's a 2 player keeper. So getting Gurlet for $18 to keep for $20 next year is a big bonus. I feel like my roster is stacked for Week 5 and beyond. If I can push through the first 2 weeks without Bell I Should be okay and can ride Watkins and Gurley in the flex after that until Foster comes back just in time for Matt Jones to take Morris' fantasy value

I like your team man I wouldn't be worried. Watkins is fine for your wr3. Te might be an issue but that's usually the easiest position to over come. Your def set at rb1 wr1 wr2, rb2 your looking solid at as well. Gurley could end up being a top 10 back if the hype is real. Do you start 2 or 3 wr? Flex? Yeah man I Def think you did well,

I like your team man I wouldn't be worried. Watkins is fine for your wr3. Te might be an issue but that's usually the easiest position to over come. Your def set at rb1 wr1 wr2, rb2 your looking solid at as well. Gurley could end up being a top 10 back if the hype is real. Do you start 2 or 3 wr? Flex? Yeah man I Def think you did well,

QB, RB. RB, WR, WR, W/R, W/R/T, TE, K, DEF

Ryan, Freeman, Morris, Thomas, Matthews, Watkins, Funchess, Eifert are likely be starters for the first 2 weeks until I get Bell back. Then hopefully Foster is back and bumps Freeman to the bench. Then Gurley starts contributing and I can choose between Watkins and Alf in that final flex and roll after Week 4/5. I definitely made a mistake loading up on RBs who won't play for 2-5 weeks. Didn't know Gurlet would miss up to 4-5 games when I drafted him though. Oh well. Thanks man!

Hmm. Feeling better about Frank Gore now.

Rotoworld:

Colts waived/injured RB Dan Herron (shoulder).

Herron will be placed on injured reserve if he passes through waivers. Expected to be Frank Gore's primary backup, Herron injured his shoulder returning a kickoff in the final preseason game. Coach Chuck Pagano has and will continue to try to defend having his backup running back returning kicks in a meaningless game, but now he is faced with the more difficult task of finding a capable backup for 32-year-old Frank Gore. Rookie Josh Robinson (concussion) has yet to be cleared, and Vick Ballard (hamstring) cannot stay healthy.

Hi,

I joined a 12 man league with QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, WR/RB, K, Def

QB Tom Brady, Phillip Rivers

RB Eddie Lacy, Mark Ingram, TJ Yeldon

WR Emmanuel Sanders, Keenan Allen, Julian Edelman, Pierre Garcon, Roddy White, Allen Robinson

TE Ladarius Green, Jason Witten

K Steven Hauschka

Def Eagles

I need TE help. Should I drop Ladarius Green or Jason Witten for Heath Miller or Zach Ertz?

As for RB, should I pick up Christine Michael or Ronnie Hillman? I know I'm pretty weak/low in this area.

Thanks for the advise!

Had the pick of the draft. Chose 7th. Missed out on the RBs I wanted. Don't particularly like this draft.

1.7 Antonio brown

2.6 julio Jones

3.7 Lamar miller

4.6 latavius Murray

5.7 Carlos hyde

6.6 Emmanuel sanders

7.7 Jeremy maclin

8.6 delanie walker

9.7 Joseph randle

10.6 Sam bradford

11.7 kniles davis

12.6 Matt stafford

13.7 Jordan reed

14.6 Duke johnson

15.7 vikings

12 man .5 ppr.

had the draft tonight in my buddy league (as opposed to my family league). 10 team, standard; qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, flex, te, k, def.

QB: wilson

RB: bell, l.murray, gordon, a.foster, vereen

WR: d.thomas, j.matthews, a.robinson, royal, bryant

TE: kelce, gates

K: crosby

DEF: texans

thoughts? i like it, especially after the first couple of weeks. as i get bell and foster back, i should be sitting pretty; until then, rolling with murray and gordon is a little underwhelming.

Just my opinions, of course. look at my team below! Keep that mess in mind, with my advice.

I need TE help. Should I drop Ladarius Green or Jason Witten for Heath Miller or Zach Ertz?

As for RB, should I pick up Christine Michael or Ronnie Hillman? I know I'm pretty weak/low in this area.

Maybe Ertz, but I would stay pat for now. I feel like Ertz is overrated. Those TEs are not bad, especially to start the year.

Hillman is interesting, but no to Michael. Is Denard Robinson available? I might consider him since you have Yeldon.

Rivers and Kaepernick as my QBs. Bradford is on the waiver wire, and I'm thinking of dropping Kaep for him. Does that seem like a wise move?

I'd drop Kaep for Bradford. Way higher ceiling. Depending on your league size, you can probably get other Kaep-like guys points wise.

thoughts? 

I like this team. When Foster gets back, that is a very strong team.

-

Now for my crazy team. First draft, and one of the more bizarre teams I've ever drafted. I went into it thinking not to reach for handcuffs, but I actually managed to handcuff two RBs and a WR. Just worked out that way. I went with a value-based strategy. I decided to get a second TE instead of a backup QB because Wilson has a much later bye. This is a standard 10 team yahoo league, so plenty of streaming QBs available. Not sure what to think. I can laugh, because it's a low money league. My big draft is Tuesday.

QB-Wilson

RB- J Charles, Ingram, Spiller, Gio Bernard, Kniles Davis 

WR- CJ2K, Sammy Watkins, Tate, VJax, Torrey Smith

TE- Walker, Rudolph

D- Buffalo

K-Parkey

I will probably be trying to work some trades in this one. Don't love my WRs at all. I narrowly missed on Olsen and Bennett at TE, so I waited very late there.

Archived