Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Florida State QB DeAndre Johnson hits Woman VIDEO

SiCkSoULjA

This isn't about equality, it's not equal. If a guy would've done that to me, yeah I might have hit him, but it's not a guy it's a women. It's absolutely a double standard. Is it fair? No it's not, but guys get some advantages women can't get too. Some things will never be equal for sexes, this is one of those situations.

$100 says this isn't the first time this piece of human **** punched a woman

But it's only equality z and the biatch probably deserved it .....

I know this means nothing to anyone as (most) of us are and will remain just faceless posters on an Internet message board; but I never fail to be seriously disappointed in the archaic attitude among some of you whenever something like this hits the press.

I honestly fear for the females in your personal life's going off the attitude you present but here's not the time or place to open that can of worms and allegations.

Hail.

All this thread has shown me is who on ES has no experience with night life. There are more obnoxious confrontations than that when people are drunk in tight crowded spaces. It doesn't usually end with a stupid drunk girl getting her bell rung.

I would love to see you actually act through this. Not defending yourself goes against the very nature of humanity. Hence why it's one of our inalienable rights.

Women did, when they demanded to be treated like men. You start a fight, you better be able to end it.

This is some macho bull**** here. So you're telling me as humans, we have no way to defend ourselves except beating the **** out of someone, not to mention someone physically weaker than us? Good to know.

Let me tell you how a man or a responsible adult defends themself in that situation. They walk away. That's all they need to do.

Edit: and I've been in similar situations and never once felt the need to punch someone. I wouldn't punch them if it was a guy either to be honest. Anybody can resort to violence. We're better than that, or at least I thought we were but it's clear, Neanderthals are still alive and well.

So, the answer is to back off with your tail between your legs when someone bullies you because if you don't you get what you asked for?

He initiated the physical contact, somebody grabs my arm in a confrontation they're getting hit because I don't know what their next move is.

She initiated the contact when she put her left arm on hus chest and clenched her right hand in a fist.

This is some macho bull**** here. So you're telling me as humans, we have no way to defend ourselves except beating the **** out of someone, not to mention someone physically weaker than us? Good to know.

Let me tell you how a man or a responsible adult defends themself in that situation. They walk away. That's all they need to do.

Edit: and I've been in similar situations and never once felt the need to punch someone. I wouldn't punch them if it was a guy either to be honest. Anybody can resort to violence. We're better than that, or at least I thought we were but it's clear, Neanderthals are still alive and well.

He didnt beat the **** out of her. He threw one punch and it didn't even knock her to the ground. Gimme a break man. This isn't macho crap. This is cut and dry. If thats another dude, even a weaker one, we're not having this conversation at all.

She initiated the fight. She got what was coming to her. Don't start a fight unless you can end it.

She initiated the contact when she put her left arm on hus chest and clenched her right hand in a fist.

They weren't in contact prior to that? She just randomly decided to walk across the room and get into an argument with him about nothing in particular?

Who made contact first?

Making contact with someone at a bar while trying to get to the actual bar is not an action that is worthy of a violent response. She escalated to physical violence when she threatened him with a clenched fist.

Again, stop giving her the princess pass. If this was a dude, no one would be defending him.

My favorite part of ES is everyone who has an opinion on EXACTLY what happened, without audio, or any statements from anyone involved.

My second favorite part is someone self-anointing themselves as arbiter of what is relevant to the discussion, and what isn't.  Especially since the OP (who would technically be starting the conversation) posted that he thought dismissal from the team was too harsh, and that he was justified in defending himself.  This would in fact make the commentary defending him relevant throughout the thread.

I love this place.

Thank you for recognizing my status as arbiter of the discussion. 

Can I assume your third favorite part of extremeskins is incorrect reading comprehension?

Making contact with someone at a bar while trying to get to the actual bar is not an action that is worthy of a violent response. She escalated to physical violence when she threatened him with a clenched fist.

Again, stop giving her the princess pass. If this was a dude, no one would be defending him.

I am also defending him as a dude. 

But since she wasn't a dude, it's even worse. There is a difference between men and women. If you hate feminists, that's fine I guess, but it shouldn't cloud your judgement here. 

If I've irritated a woman enough at a bar by pushing/leaning/elbowing her that she felt compelled to turn abruptly and say something to me or to raise her hand in self-defense, my thought process wouldn't be to escalate the situation.  But I'm not an entitled prick, so I can't know his state of mind. 

He didnt beat the **** out of her. He threw one punch and it didn't even knock her to the ground. Gimme a break man. This isn't macho crap. This is cut and dry. If thats another dude, even a weaker one, we're not having this conversation at all.

She initiated the fight. She got what was coming to her. Don't start a fight unless you can end it.

You're right. So if your daughter, sister or mom got drunk at a bar and made physical contact with a guy, you'd fully support them getting their teeth punched in by a guy? 

I hold people to a higher standard that, evidently, the pack of wild wolves that raised you, didn't. Putting her hands on his chest or clenching her first is not a request to be punched in the face. And by the difference in their physical strength and stature, yes, he beat the **** out of her, even if it was just in one swing. 

First off, its disgusting to hit a woman. Walk away.

Second, wouldn't it be ironic if she was a he who identified as a she?

Or if he was white who identified as African-American? Here's his photo from Pop Warner:

6-6-2013-10-03-42-AM-5182092.jpg

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13211291/florida-state-seminoles-qb-deandre-johnson-seen-striking-woman-surveillance-video

DeAndre Johnson dismissed from the team after striking woman. Hearing about it I thought it was a Ray Rice situation but that clearly didn't happen. He should be suspended yes but dismissed? Really imo he should be justified to defend himself. Did he over react absolutely but these woman shouldn't be able to hit people and don't expect retaliation.

I understand this could steaming over from Jamies Winston which is wrong.

I'm not absolving the woman of blame, but showing a wee bit of restraint on Johnson's part would have gone a long way.  That woman was NO threat to him, so I don't understand the POV of he was within his right to defend himself.  His reaction was WAY OD.  Instead of throwing a haymaker, he could have just as easily restrained her w/ a bear hug or something along those lines.  I have zero sympathy for both parties involved.  All that said, Johnson deserved to be dismissed from FSU, but that woman should also see her day in court as well. 

I'm not absolving the woman of blame, but showing a wee bit of restraint on Johnson's part would have gone a long way.  That woman was NO threat to him, so I don't understand the POV of he was within his right to defend himself.  

And that's from a Ron Artest fan ;)

Grabbing or bear-hugging anybody that is already angry only escalates the situation.

He should have walked away but I think the younger generation has it in their heads that doing that type of thing is a punk or **** move which is probably why he felt the need assert himself over this woman. 

And like all violence, he felt great for a fleeting few seconds before realizing it was completely idiotic and senseless. Actually,  judging by posts in here, he might not feel that way just yet. 

They don't demand to play in the men's sports leagues or compete against men in the Olympics, etc.

Except high school wrestling and football (as a kicker)

Mind you in wrestling, they're at least in the same weight class.

As another smaller guy, with a sometimes overactive mouth and sense of justice, all I can think is maybe the fact I DID take on bigger dudes on occasion is what gives me more empathy for the girl.  Too much repressed frustration leads to gamergate type rationalizations.

It's not ok to hit women.  Ever.  Life is not fair.  Who told you it was?

Sorry - tell Nick Harper isn't not right. And then look at the laceration on his knee that his crazy wife gave him with a knife. There are times when hitting ANYONE is okay if your livelihood is in jeopardy. This was not the case however.

Is it ever okay for a man to hit a woman?

For instance, last week I saw this video of a father hitting these girls that were jumping his daughter in Brooklyn. The news is trying to say it was a one on one fight, but it wasn't, they were jumping his daughter. Father went in to pull them off and they started beating him so he swung back.

Is that okay?

Archived