Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Florida State QB DeAndre Johnson hits Woman VIDEO

SiCkSoULjA

The people defending his actions are really grasping at straws. That was completely unnecessary. So many other ways to end that altercation. With all that said, BOTH sides were in the wrong at some point in this sequence. This isn't like that Cleveland bus driver who I supported about 100% after he was operating a vehicle and was assaulted and spat on.

I go to bars pretty frequently and have a had plenty of drunk ppl try to cut in front of me or nudge me out the way.

I've never thought to hit one tho. I'll have to try it I guess...

Seriously tho, no need to grab her at all and certainly no need to hit her. Tell the chick to **** off and be about your business

Looks to me like it's a crowded bar. He's not trying to steal her spot at the bar, but take the spot next to her, but being a crowded bar, there tends to be some contact with people as you try to squeeze through. She seems to feel that she's entitled to a bubble of space around her in this otherwise crowded bar and boxes him out from getting to the spot at the bar that's opening up next to her. She raises her fist and communicates something to him at which point he grabs the arm that is raised in a fist. That's when she tries to punch him and he responds in kind.

No sympathy for the girl. They need to learn not to get involved in physical confrontations thinking that their status as girls makes them immune. I've seen a girl try to force a guy off the metro because he was an obnoxious drunk and a big fight broke out because she turned a verbal annoyance into a physical conflict (train had to stop and the police were called).

No sympathy for the girl. They need to learn not to get involved in physical confrontations thinking that their status as girls makes them immune. I've seen a girl try to force a guy off the metro because he was an obnoxious drunk and a big fight broke out because she turned a verbal annoyance into a physical conflict (train had to stop and the police were called).

Pathetic response.

I'll manage to survive your judgement of my not sympathizing with someone who decides to start a physical confrontation with someone bigger than them.

I'll manage to survive your judgement of my not sympathizing with a male who decides to punch a female smaller and less muscular than them, a college scholarship athlete no less.  The fact that you don't get it is the pathetic part.

Ce's la vis

I'll manage to survive your judgement of my not sympathizing with someone who decides to start a physical confrontation with someone bigger than them.

Pretty sure a lot of people are judging you now. Hitting that girl in that situation is really weak. Would you have done the same thing he did?

Wow, I'm very shocked and disappointed at the response in here.

What ever happened to being the bigger man? Hell, how about being a man at all? Absolutely no excuse to punch her or put your hands on her at all. I don't care if she cut in line, spit on him, swung at him etc.

Geez have some decency people.

Honestly, there are tons of non violent ways to handle that situation even if it's two guys instead of a woman. Add a woman in there? Scumbag should be in jail and his career is toast.

I just cant imagine what goes through a man's head to make him think he's going to punch a woman out like that and be justified in it.

I'll manage to survive your judgement of my not sympathizing with a male who decides to punch a female smaller and less muscular than them, a college scholarship athlete no less.  The fact that you don't get it is the pathetic part.

Ce's la vis

I don't believe I've judged you. You are free to interpret this conflict differently from me. I have a different perspective from you, but that does not mean I do not understand the situation at hand.

As someone who, growing up, was always at the bottom of the bell-curve in size for my age group, I do have some perspective on being that person who's smaller with less muscle. I didn't go around assaulting people bigger than me with the assumption that I'm immune to retaliation because I'm smaller, but instead I was smart enough to not create such conflicts.

I don't believe I've judged you. You are free to interpret this conflict differently from me. I have a different perspective from you, but that does not mean I do not understand the situation at hand.

As someone who, growing up, was always at the bottom of the bell-curve in size for my age group, I do have some perspective on being that person who's smaller with less muscle. I didn't go around assaulting people bigger than me with the assumption that I'm immune to retaliation because I'm smaller, but instead I was smart enough to not create such conflicts.

Are you a woman?

Weak. Lame. Worked as a bouncer and bartender for years and have seen guys walk away from worse than that pathetic attempt of a punch,(by her). I've thrown guys out for doing just what he did before he threw the punch. Been known to toss the girl too. Nah. He had no business doing what he did. 

Are you a woman?

And this is exactly why these situations arise. People believe that being a woman makes you exempt from consequences and when you assault a man it's funny.

I believe in equality all around. It's not always a popular position, but that's never been a big concern of mine.

Wow, I'm very shocked and disappointed at the response in here.

What ever happened to being the bigger man? Hell, how about being a man at all? Absolutely no excuse to punch her or put your hands on her at all. I don't care if she cut in line, spit on him, swung at him etc.

Honestly, there are tons of non violent ways to handle that situation even if it's two guys instead of a woman. Add a woman in there? Scumbag should be in jail and his career is toast.

I just cant imagine what goes through a man's head to make him think he's going to punch a woman out like that and be justified in it.

The punch was completely and utterly unjustified. However, I don't think him restraining her from potentially punching him was unjustified. I'm not going to let someone punch me just because she's a woman. I'd probably do the same thing and try and restrain a woman from hitting me if she raised her fist like she was about to punch me. Of course, I would end it at that until she either calmed down or someone took her away...I certainly wouldn't deck her.

Did the girl show any decency?

People keep coming in here saying you "never hit a woman." I fail to recognize a woman in this video. A woman doesn't get physically confrontational with strangers. A woman doesn't disrespect said stranger multiple times during that confrontation. A woman doesn't throw punches. 

Don't get me wrong the guy his a ****bag for throwing a punch as well, and isn't what I'd call a man. But it's not defending the guy as much as it is seeing the errors BOTH are making. There is neither a man, nor a woman in this video. More like two children in adult bodies that start hitting each other at recess. 

People keep coming in here saying you "never hit a woman." I fail to recognize a woman in this video. A woman doesn't get physically confrontational with strangers. A woman doesn't disrespect said stranger multiple times during that confrontation. A woman doesn't throw punches. 

Don't get me wrong the guy his a ****bag for throwing a punch as well, and isn't what I'd call a man. But it's not defending the guy as much as it is seeing the errors BOTH are making. There is neither a man, nor a woman in this video. More like two children in adult bodies that start hitting each other at recess. 

Sorry you don't get out much.  **** like this happens all the time in bars.  Most men don't start throwing punches.

And this is exactly why these situations arise. People believe that being a woman makes you exempt from consequences and when you assault a man it's funny.

I believe in equality all around. It's not always a popular position, but that's never been a big concern of mine.

You really consider what she did to be "assault?"

You really consider what she did to be "assault?"

It certainly wasn't flirting.

"In common law, assault is the act of creating apprehension of an imminent harmful or offensive contact with a person."

That out of the way, that post was a broader commentary about domestic violence and how society views it differently based on which sex is on the receiving end.

Relevent.

It's worth noting that I have not said a positive thing about this douchey-looking jock. I personally don't think very highly of him, but there are two sides to this conflict but only one side here is really getting raked over the coals, and it's based on sex. I can only imagine if their roles were reversed about how people would be cheering this girl on for decking the douche-jock boxing her out.

It certainly wasn't flirting.

"In common law, assault is the act of creating apprehension of an imminent harmful or offensive contact with a person."

That out of the way, that post was a broader commentary about domestic violence and how society views it differently based on which sex is on the receiving end.

Relevent.

It's worth noting that I have not said a positive thing about this douchey-looking jock. I personally don't think very highly of him, but there are two sides to this conflict but only one side here is really getting raked over the coals, and it's based on sex. I can only imagine if their roles were reversed about how people would be cheering this girl on for decking the douche-jock boxing her out.

When one sex is physically superior to the other sex, why is having a double standard a problem?

BTW, this thread is about a specific incident. I don't see anyone saying that it's ok for a woman to physically abuse someone for any reason.

When one sex is physically superior to the other sex, why is having a double standard a problem?

I have always stood on the side of equality. You believe in the double-standard? That's on you, but I will not be shamed into not believing in equality.

BTW, this thread is about a specific incident. I don't see anyone saying that it's ok for a woman to physically abuse someone for any reason.

So for this specific incident, should the girl have boxed him out from getting to the open spot at the bar? Should she have raised her fist to him? Should she have swung on him?

Also notice that I have not said one positive thing about this guy. There are more than enough people raking him over the coals for this incident, but not many want to talk about the other participant. She's just girl, so she's not responsible for her actions!

Don't get me wrong the guy his a ****bag for throwing a punch as well, and isn't what I'd call a man. But it's not defending the guy as much as it is seeing the errors BOTH are making. There is neither a man, nor a woman in this video. More like two children in adult bodies that start hitting each other at recess.

She can be wrong all she wants and she is. She is still a woman and doesn't deserve to have the **** punched out of her.

I know it's trendy and modern now to not let anyone step to you and call a side a spade or whatever but let's be real. What she did was pretty damn harmless in the grand scheme of things and didn't deserve that retaliation.

its pretty weak to frame the defense around you simply pointing out that she's wrong too. That's irrelevant to the discussion

Archived