Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Florida State QB DeAndre Johnson hits Woman VIDEO

SiCkSoULjA

I have always stood on the side of equality. You believe in the double-standard? That's on you, but I will not be shamed into not believing in equality.

So for this specific incident, should the girl have boxed him out from getting to the open spot at the bar? Should she have raised her fist to him? Should she have swung on him?

Also notice that I have not said one positive thing about this guy. There are more than enough people raking him over the coals for this incident, but not many want to talk about the other participant. She's just girl, so she's not responsible for her actions!

The side of equality might be relevant if men and women were physical equals. They aren't. 

No one is saying she isn't responsible for her own actions. Most are saying she definitely did not deserve to be punch in the face based on what she did. This isn't complicated.

Again, would you have punched her in the same situation?

its pretty weak to frame the defense around you simply pointing out that she's wrong too. That's irrelevant to the discussion

Got it. You're right. Hope he gets a long sentence and rots. 

I believe thats the discussion?

Got it. You're right. Hope he gets a long sentence and rots. 

I believe thats the discussion?

It seems that you guys defending his actions really can't stay on point. Who is saying he should get a long sentence?

It seems that you guys defending his actions really can't stay on point. Who is saying he should get a long sentence?

I'm not defending his actions. 

I think we're talking in circles. The point to my posts was swept under the rug, so I'm not sure what we're supposed to be discussing anymore.

I'm not defending his actions. 

I think we're talking in circles. The point to my posts was swept under the rug, so I'm not sure what we're supposed to be discussing anymore.

Let me explain...no, there is too much. Let me sum up, Buttercup is marry Humperdinck in little less than half an hour. So all we have to do is get in, break up the wedding, steal the princess, make our escape...after I kill Count Rugen.

Got it?

The side of equality might be relevant if men and women were physical equals. They aren't.

Equality is always relevant. You choose not to go with equality here, but that does not make it irrelevant.

No one is saying she isn't responsible for her own actions. Most are saying she definitely did not deserve to be punch in the face based on what she did. This isn't complicated.

The world is a series of reactions. Allow me to put it this way, if you poke a bear, you are going to get mauled. Does one "deserve" to get mauled because they poked a bear? It's not even a malicious act. But if someone gets mauled after they poked a bear, I won't lose sleep over it. Hopefully people will learn not to poke bears in the future and we'll have fewer bear maulings (though sometimes a bear will maul someone who didn't poke them, and for that, I will be sad).

Again, would you have punched her in the same situation?

Would you have punched her in the same situation but she had a penis?

Personally, I've generally been one to de-escallate situations. I've never been one to get in a tissy about being disrespected or anything of the like. I am not a violent person.

Equality is always relevant. You choose not to go with equality here, but that does not make it irrelevant.

The world is a series of reactions. Allow me to put it this way, if you poke a bear, you are going to get mauled. Does one "deserve" to get mauled because they poked a bear? It's not even a malicious act. But if someone gets mauled after they poked a bear, I won't lose sleep over it. Hopefully people will learn not to poke bears in the future and we'll have fewer bear maulings (though sometimes a bear will maul someone who didn't poke them, and for that, I will be sad).

Personally, I've generally been one to de-escallate situations. I've never been one to get in a tissy about being disrespected or anything of the like. I am not a violent person.

WTF...you are now equating a drunk girls actions with poking a bear?? I kinda hope you are stoned out of your mind right now as an explanation.

Way to be a non-violent person defending a dude knocking the crap out of someone smaller and weaker.

Very interesting thread.

What gives her the right to hit him ?

That is really the question at hand here.

Should he stand down ?

Should he walk away ?

Should he have just mushed her and kept it moving ?

Poker makes some VALID points, that we may mostly believe don't matter...I think they do though.

Why are people not noticing that she kicked him also ?

She was probably drunk, he was probably drunk, does that excuse their actions ? Absolutely not. Not even a little bit.

His biggest and best point no one wants to answer which I find equally amusing.

You're damn right you would have hit a man in that situation.

You want to act like a man and take a swing ?

WTF...you are now equating a drunk girls actions with poking a bear?? I kinda hope you are stoned out of your mind right now as an explanation.

Way to be a non-violent person defending a dude knocking the crap out of someone smaller and weaker.

I don't do drugs. I also don't recall defending any actions by douchey-jock. I've merely pointed out that people are responsible for their actions. You're quick to hold douchey-jock responsible for his actions, but don't seem to want to hold dumb drunk girl responsible for her actions.

My point isn't that big people should beat up small people, it's that small people shouldn't instigate a fight with big people and expect no retaliation. I've been that small person for most of my life, so I view things from the eyes of the smaller person and their responsibility for themselves.

I have knocked out bigger people than me though Poker. Bruce Lee was about an inch or 2 taller than you. I don't think I could beat him straight up.

Perhaps she instigated. We don't really know what was said, or what perhaps transpired before the video.

I have knocked out bigger people than me though Poker. Bruce Lee was about an inch or 2 taller than you. I don't think I could beat him straight up.

Perhaps she instigated. We don't really know what was said, or what perhaps transpired before the video.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm absolutely not saying small people can't be strong/dangerous. I'd suspect those ones know what they're getting themselves into. My main thesis would be that you just shouldn't start fights period. But the corollary is that if you do involve yourself in an altercation, know it's a two-way street and be prepared for the consequences; don't go into it believing you're off-limits.

I just find it odd at this point of the thread that no one else noticed or cared that she kicked him.

I also agree that she seemingly started the confrontation or at least escalated it.

Don't get me wrong he certainly could have handled it differently. Should have.

He should have just mushed her. People would still say he shouldn't have done that.

I don't get the whole going out to have fun and ending up in a fight unless there is a clear problem.

I mean, did he perhaps grab her butt as he passed ? Watching the video...ehh...not sure.

You match force with force. Guy holding your arms isn't cause for swinging.

Honestly, this seems like a good no call situation. If she was a dude, would this even be a discussion?

But she ISN'T a dude. She's a SHE. 

What am I missing here. How can SO many SO openly condone a male hitting a female? (And I aren't for one moment condoning a female hitting a male before some nitwit jumps all over that. That's indefensible too but you don't drop to that level and lower by striking back at a female. You just don't. ). 

WTF is wrong with society if we suddenly think it's fair game to hit the weaker sex? (And let's cut out the equality B/S. Woman are weaker physically than men in 9 out of 10 cases.). If you're being attacked with a weapon that's one thing. But bare hands? Either restrain her or walk the Hell away from her. Don't hit her back/ first whatever. Be the BIGGER man. Not the weak ass gutless POS that hits females. 

It's like one of the unwritten International laws of being male. You DON'T hit woman outside of extreme circumstances when you may be defending your life/ a serious attack. 

Well, REAL men don't anyways. Kids and woman are OFF limits. 

Hail.  

I guess I'm old fashioned. I absolutely believe in equality, but I also don't think hitting a woman is fair game. I also think that making a fist doesn't mean that you are going to throw it. Lots of people threaten with no intention to go through with it. Grabbing her actually escalated it into a physical incident.

Moreover, for the school's part, they are put in a pretty lousy situation. They are still recovering from the embarrassment of Winston and being accused of glossing that over. Now, you get another instance. Worse, it's with an underage player whose at a bar. If he was drinking, well then your underage player broke the law.  Do you ignore both acts?

Most of us have had a drink before the legal age. It's something we nod and wink at. However, an institution is different. Couple that with an assault and you've doubled down. He   embarrassed his team pretty badly. All because he was where he shouldn't have been, overreacted to a situation, and made a series of bad decisions.

The QB fumbled this one badly. Those defending him are in the wrong too.

I guess I'm old fashioned. I absolutely believe in equality, but I also don't think hitting a woman is fair game.....

It's not being 'old fashioned' bud. 

It's doing the right thing and being a MAN. 

For anyone that hits or condones hitting a female in all but the most extreme circumstances is the furthest thing possible from being a man IMHO. 

Hail. 

Equality in value as a human is important.  Why did we just have a World Cup tournament where there were no equal guys playing against their equal women counterparts?  Why in the tennis tournament going on right now does it seem the guys always end up playing against other guys while the women are left to compete only against women?  Which women did the Caps just sign?  

Your guy here has a right to protect himself from injury.  That is not what he did.  She should also lose her football scholarship to Florida State.  Does anyone know whether or not she has one of those?  I have  not seen that information reported.

Equality in value as a human is important.

That's exactly right.

On top of that, "Sticks and stones!" What's the likelihood the punch gets thrown if he doesn't grab her. Lots of people "front" The QB backs off or says "My bad," or whatever you whippersnappers say these days and it's over. We don't even get into this mock equality argument. He used his size to barge in, to restrain her, and then to strike her. Equality says she was in the wrong too. She certainly has no right to strike him or say offensive things to him (if she did,) and if she got tossed from the bar or if he wanted to press charges it would have been within his rights.

Striking her? Grabbing her? Nah. Now, if she actually threw a punch and he grabbed her trying to restrain her we might have a different discussion. Hell, if she threw the first punch and he never touched her then we might even be having a different discussion because then we're talking fight/flight and adrenaline, but he made the fight/flight decision to control her, which caused her to react. Certainly, she felt threatened by him grabbing her and pulling her. Instinct says break free.

Again, QB fumbled the ball on this play.

As someone who, growing up, was always at the bottom of the bell-curve in size for my age group, I do have some perspective on being that person who's smaller with less muscle. I didn't go around assaulting people bigger than me with the assumption that I'm immune to retaliation because I'm smaller, but instead I was smart enough to not create such conflicts.

As another smaller guy, with a sometimes overactive mouth and sense of justice, all I can think is maybe the fact I DID take on bigger dudes on occasion is what gives me more empathy for the girl.  Too much repressed frustration leads to gamergate type rationalizations.

It's not ok to hit women.  Ever.  Life is not fair.  Who told you it was?

Wow, I'm very shocked and disappointed at the response in here.

What ever happened to being the bigger man? Hell, how about being a man at all? Absolutely no excuse to punch her or put your hands on her at all. I don't care if she cut in line, spit on him, swung at him etc.

Geez have some decency people.

Honestly, there are tons of non violent ways to handle that situation even if it's two guys instead of a woman. Add a woman in there? Scumbag should be in jail and his career is toast.

I just cant imagine what goes through a man's head to make him think he's going to punch a woman out like that and be justified in it.

I would love to see you actually act through this. Not defending yourself goes against the very nature of humanity. Hence why it's one of our inalienable rights.

As another smaller guy, with a sometimes overactive mouth and sense of justice, all I can think is maybe the fact I DID take on bigger dudes on occasion is what gives me more empathy for the girl.  Too much repressed frustration leads to gamergate type rationalizations.

It's not ok to hit women.  Ever.  Life is not fair.  Who told you it was?

Women did, when they demanded to be treated like men. You start a fight, you better be able to end it.

Women did, when they demanded to be treated like men. You start a fight, you better be able to end it.

So, the answer is to back off with your tail between your legs when someone bullies you because if you don't you get what you asked for?

He initiated the physical contact, somebody grabs my arm in a confrontation they're getting hit because I don't know what their next move is.

When did women demand to be treated like men when it came to physical altercations? They don't demand to play in the men's sports leagues or compete against men in the Olympics, etc.

Just watched the whole vid and the QB is totally in the wrong.

She was there before him. He jammed his way in. She reacted by saying something. He said something back. I guess you could say she made a fist, but he grabs her, and initiates the use of force. She tries to get away from him to disengage which leads to the punch. He strikes her.

At every stage, he instigates it and elevates it.  Even if you take away the gender thing, the QB is the antagonist the whole damn time. Add in the sex thing and it's worse.

My favorite part of ES is everyone who has an opinion on EXACTLY what happened, without audio, or any statements from anyone involved.

its pretty weak to frame the defense around you simply pointing out that she's wrong too. That's irrelevant to the discussion

My second favorite part is someone self-anointing themselves as arbiter of what is relevant to the discussion, and what isn't.  Especially since the OP (who would technically be starting the conversation) posted that he thought dismissal from the team was too harsh, and that he was justified in defending himself.  This would in fact make the commentary defending him relevant throughout the thread.

I love this place.

I would love to see you actually act through this. Not defending yourself goes against the very nature of humanity. Hence why it's one of our inalienable rights.

You act as though there was one option for Deandre to protect himself from physical harm.  Someone who has represented himself as having been in a warzone should know there is a idea of measured response.  You don't drop a 500lb bomb on a kid who throws a rock at you and you don't punch someone in the face when there are other options available.  

So, the answer is to back off with your tail between your legs when someone bullies you because if you don't you get what you asked for?

He initiated the physical contact, somebody grabs my arm in a confrontation they're getting hit because I don't know what their next move is.

In my opinion it is that sort of attitude which actually supports his actions.  That is the path that eventually leads to someone physically incapacitated to continue responding...i.e. knocked out or dead

Archived