Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Haszard County: The official '15 OTA's/Camp Twitter thread, Duke & the Schreff, Boss Hog!

SWFLSkins

Going way back... Kelvin Bryant.

The man was absolutely magic. He was Barry Sanders for the three games a year he was healthy. His body just couldn't take the NFL, but he was electric.

That's because the Baltimore/Philadelphia Stars used him like Riggins instead of Joe Washington. I was battered in the USFL.

john_keim

Per @caplannfl the Redskins are releasing OG Chris Chester.

27/05/2015 15:31

Happy_Dance.jpg

I'm sure he's a nice person.

But he's also certainly not a top 64 guard in this league.  Probably doesn't even make top 96, and it he does it's like #95.

Hasn't been, and isn't, starter material.  The fact that we've started him has been a black mark on our guard development, since if you can't get a guy to take over for someone as bad as Chester...well...what exactly are you doing with your drafting/development?

Now (hopefully) the healing can begin.

Wow... didn't even make it to TC (or post June 1st).

Thanks for the effort, but it was time. Looking forward to seeing Long, Arie and Ribs stepping up.

Ribs will be on the bubble as well I would think. If he has not made into the starting lineup already with the competition he had last year its not a good sign. Maybe a new coach and more of a power scheme will fit him better though.

McCloughan making all the right moves.

Chester is supposed to be a great guy in person so I wish him the best in the future but we're right to move on. We can only improve with this move. Great to hear. 

Long has struck gold landing in this power run scheme. Suits him down to the ground. Got to be favourite for the job right now I'd think. 

I  wonder if that was a fight between Jay and Scot. Jay thought he had Chester permenantly on this team by making him the backup C, Scot drafts a rookie C and says not only is he not starting quality, but we don't need to pay that much for a backup no matter how versatile he is and just let him go.

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 11m11 minutes ago

Chester had $100k workout bonus and $400k workout bonus in contract, may have played into timing of release.

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk 12s12 seconds ago

Report: Washington releasing right guard Chris Chester http://wp.me/p14QSB-9Mqv

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo 5m5 minutes ago

Cutting Chester saves $4M against the cap and clears the way for Spencer Long to start at RG.

David Thompson @ReadOptionBlog 52s53 seconds ago

I see Chris Chester is being released - hardly a shock given his salary and declining play. New RHS of the line for 2015!

It seemed like Shawn Springs was either injured or returning from injury every game during his years here. Great player on the rare occasion that he actually hit the field though.

That's a bit of hyperbole, in 5 seasons, he played 15, 15, 9, 16, 9. 

Archived