Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Haszard County: The official '15 OTA's/Camp Twitter thread, Duke & the Schreff, Boss Hog!

SWFLSkins

I'm not surprised Chester and Porter were cut. I am surprised they were cut now, so late in the game. Too late to sign any notable free agents or address changes in the draft. Well really, neither were in the long-terms plans of the team anyways. So their status had no effect on the draft. But at this point you're not replacing them. So it seems odd to cut bait now and not at least wait until training camp (unless Porter was being penalized for missing his flight). Hopefully this is an endorsement of the younger guys on the team.

Keenan Robinson @KeenanRobinson1 9m9 minutes ago

Never let your protein shaker sit for over a day without rinsing it out. Easily one of the worst smells I've ever smelled in my life

I'm not surprised Chester and Porter were cut. I am surprised they were cut now, so late in the game.

Perhaps like some have suggested you need that 6 million cap space for future plans like resigning Trent and Ryan, or a possible free agent you know is coming up.

Public Service Announcement for the unemployed

Around The NFL @AroundTheNFL 38s38 seconds ago

Around The NFL retweeted Around The NFL

Still looking for an experienced editor to join our news team. Apply below. Great opportunity.

Around The NFL added,

Around The NFL @AroundTheNFL
Want to join NFL Media team? We are looking for an experienced editor to help run our news desk in L.A. Info here: nfl.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.

Perhaps like some have suggested you need that 6 million cap space for future plans like resigning Trent and Ryan, or a possible free agent you know is coming up.

I think the idea is to have it available for either/or. If they can get those guys extended. Great. If there is a camp cut or something by another team that helps us. Great.

$25.00 per month send me a check or my paypal account

Just so you know it was a 'yoke, mon' .. BRBN is the first place I go when I come to ES.

Keenan Robinson @KeenanRobinson1 9m9 minutes ago

Never let your protein shaker sit for over a day without rinsing it out. Easily one of the worst smells I've ever smelled in my life

Protein shaker? Is that similar to a kegerator? I never rinse mine out.

I think the idea is to have it available for either/or. If they can get those guys extended. Great. If there is a camp cut or something by another team that helps us. Great.

Yeah, but extending those guys generally should help the cap hit this year. Not hurt it. You only cut those guys to free up cap space now. And yes, you can carry it over. But you could carry it over if they were cut now or on August 31. I'm sure there's some reason, I'm probably just missing it. Maybe they didn't want them to be post-June 1 cuts?

I'm not surprised Chester and Porter were cut. I am surprised they were cut now, so late in the game. Too late to sign any notable free agents or address changes in the draft. Well really, neither were in the long-terms plans of the team anyways. So their status had no effect on the draft. But at this point you're not replacing them. So it seems odd to cut bait now and not at least wait until training camp (unless Porter was being penalized for missing his flight). Hopefully this is an endorsement of the younger guys on the team.

DeSean was a late pickup in FA last year.  Just saying.

Which is late for FA.

Right, but I thought you were hinting at getting someone this late into the offseason. There may be a few surprise June 1 cuts, but I think the roster is pretty much set as is right now. Think the cap space created today will go towards Trent and Kerrigan.

I see these videos of parents embarrassing their kids via social media & think if my pops ever tried me like that growing up

@Niles_Paul84 Johnny Cash,boy named Sue....https://youtu.be/X-hYLL7Gpos 

Chris Russell retweeted Ghostdog

Well he was hurt when they signed him. They were taking a very high risk for a medium reward & got burned.

Chris Russell added,

Ghostdog @410LaidBack
@Russellmania980 Porter never gave the team anything. I thought he had more in the tank.

Yeah, but he had 2 good seasons out of 12, and one of those was with Tom Brady who makes everybody look good.  And only the Broncos got what would be considered "elite" production with almost 1500 yards and 11 TDs.  And even then, that was 1 year out of 3 with the team, for whatever the reasons were.  His talent was always greatly overstated and whatever potential he did have, he wasted.

I'd say he did pretty well with the Broncos overall. Elite, not elite... you're probably right about that. But he still frustrated me, lol. Maybe it's cuz my in-laws are all Bronco fans so while he was doing well with them it was magnified for me. :/ 

When you think about it, he really screwed both Moss and Randle El over. Randle El was supposed to be our slot/gadget player and Moss would've remained our top deep threat. Lloyd was going to give us the element of another threat at WR opposite of Moss who could catch the tough balls anywhere on the field. 

Randle El ended up playing his role, something he really wasn't fit to do at all. 

Archived