Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Haszard County: The official '15 OTA's/Camp Twitter thread, Duke & the Schreff, Boss Hog!

SWFLSkins

For your reading pleasure, BRBN has been updated

John Keim @john_keim 51s51 seconds ago

The Porter move is another non-surprise. Skins don't need him. corner depth huge. But he'd be a 5th corner at 2 mill plus. no thanks.

John Keim @john_keim 3m3 minutes ago

Per @AWalkerRedskins Trent Williams at practice today. (Media back next week). Also, as @MikeJonesWaPo reported,Skins releasing Tracy Porter

If you follow the #Redskins' Snapchat (RedskinsSnap) you'd already know @TrentW71 is back in action today.

CGBbWwzWMAAa_xk.png

I don't know that Chris underperformed. I think he maxed out. That's the biggest and best reason for the cut.

Bringing him in in the first place was probably questionable, but I think it was a case of the best we could do at the time.  He was just ok in Baltimore, and basically was going to the bench had he returned there.  And like you say, we got about as good as he could give us, but we paid more than it was worth. 

It's always fun when my morning ES visit is met immediately with good news. I love the cuts. I'm a knife guy.

No animosity on my end. I know Chester in particular gets a lot of "hate" (mainly the direct translation of frustration from the fan). It's big for guys who get cut and I sympathize with seemingly decent people and good teammates who are trying hard and still not making it. I wish good things for Porter and Chester. They weren't behavioral problem children from what I can tell, they just didn't make it. 

OMG...we are seriously making smart moves

BTW, love the sig amigo.  :lol:

I wonder if there was anybody in free agency we would've used this new found cap space on back when free agency opened.  But obviously, we didn't know what the draft was gonna bring us and how the offseason until now was gonna play out.

michael phillips @michaelpRTD 6m6 minutes ago

I think today’s DeSean Jackson absence (to attend record release) is way less of an issue. He owns the record label. Different situation.

CSN Redskins @CSNRedskins 10m10 minutes ago

ICYMI: DeAngelo Hall has a firm timetable set for his return from injury: http://ow.ly/NtrAd  #RedskinsTalk

CGBhEs4UUAA2Vb9.png

John Keim @john_keim 12m12 minutes ago

Porter, I believe, is an example of a player I doubt McCloughan would have ever signed.

Rick Snider @Snide_Remarks 13m13 minutes ago

Redskins cutting Chester/Porter means new contracts for Kerrigan and/or Trent Williams coming soon.

now that makes sense

Could the release of Chester be an endorsement of Long? Maybe Callahan letting Scott know that Long is ready to take over?

I think that's the initial impression a lot of people, media or otherwise, have.

Seeing a lot of "Long to start at RG" talk.  Which would be nice, considering we've missed on OL so often outside of the first it's embarrassing.

Could the release of Chester be an endorsement of Long? Maybe Callahan letting Scott know that Long is ready to take over?

I appreciate Callahan is an OL coaching master, but would he even know that at this point?  I mean, just based on the offseason rules now, how much contact has he actually had with Long?  Probably not much, if any, because you're just not allowed to really do anything. The extent of what he knows about Long is last year's practice tape, assuming they even have that. 

It's either an endorsement of Long or the rookies or the other.  Callahan could have been studying the tape and saw Chester's deficiencies, knew that he struggled mightily for two years and then saw enough reviewing the day one tape that he wasn't going to make it.  It move may not have been an endorsement, but an indictment.

What is a "hipster"?

Best player on the team should not have to attend the 1st week of OTAs period

I don't care that DJax isn't there, but this is an interesting take on the situation.

I agree Matt, I could care less, but "should not have to and period"? hahaha wow. 

Paul Conner @P_Hazard 5m5 minutes ago

I don't suppose Josh LeRibeus could slide to center and salvage his career. More beef and still young. Please, Callahan?

JP Finlay @JPFinlayCSN 28m28 minutes ago

JP Finlay retweeted CSN Redskins

Scot McCloughan freeing up cap space to make a run at Kevin Durant?

JP Finlay added,

CGBkkO5UMAAwakb.jpg
CSN Redskins @CSNRedskins
CUT DAY CONTINUES: #Redskins part ways with Tracy Porter, @TarikCSN has more http://ow.ly/NvfvN  #RedskinsTalk

Paul Conner @P_Hazard 8m8 minutes ago

Depending on Jordan Reeds health, I wonder if WSH is monitoring J. Greshams recovery from back injury. Sure Gruden still has #

Let the speculation begin

Paul Conner @P_Hazard 10m10 minutes ago

There's a joke somewhere in Tracy Porter getting hurt while answering the call telling him he's cut but I'll leave it

Archived