Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Haszard County: The official '15 OTA's/Camp Twitter thread, Duke & the Schreff, Boss Hog!

SWFLSkins

6.6M saved on two underperformers.

Need to fill those poor performing slots with cheaper guys, or if not cheaper, vastly better.

If you don't, you'll never have enough money for build a great team (aside from QB), or be able to pay a starting QB and build a good team around them.

michael phillips @michaelpRTD 4m4 minutes ago

michael phillips retweeted Mike Jones

Was one of the "delayed flight" folks yesterday.

What are the odds that at least one Skins reporter will try and speculate that while Porter was released after missing voluntary OTAs due to a delayed flight, Desean Jackson is still on the roster after missing OTAs due to attending an NBA game?

You guys have all mentioned some frustrating dudes... so I wouldn't say he's my most, but one that comes to mind and hasn't been mentioned is Brandon Lloyd. 

That guy's whole career just frustrates me. Plays fairly well for the 49ers, is an up and comer. Comes here, totally relaxes and would rather he progress his rap career than football career. Gibbs immediately puts him in his doghouse and he never comes out of it.

He then goes to the Bears, I think, and doesn't do much there, either. Gets waived, then he goes to the Broncos and then the "light comes on". Suddenly, he's one of the best WRs in the game. Finishes his career out with the Pats, does fine there as well.

Frustrating. We're the only ones who paid for the elite production he never provided us but did other teams.      

Yeah, but he had 2 good seasons out of 12, and one of those was with Tom Brady who makes everybody look good.  And only the Broncos got what would be considered "elite" production with almost 1500 yards and 11 TDs.  And even then, that was 1 year out of 3 with the team, for whatever the reasons were.  His talent was always greatly overstated and whatever potential he did have, he wasted.

What are the odds that at least one Skins reporter will try and speculate that while Porter was released after missing voluntary OTAs due to a delayed flight, Desean Jackson is still on the roster after missing OTAs due to attending an NBA game?

Depends on how Jason Reid is feeling today :P

That nice little stream of Snider tweets is getting me excited for this season. Don't do this to me Rick!

That nice little stream of Snider tweets is getting me excited for this season. Don't do this to me Rick!

Dido or should I? I do get all excited and giddy for the season hopeful for a successful season always leads to a four-game win season something different in the air something I can taste

NFLTradeRumors.co @nfltrade_rumors 1m1 minute ago

Redskins Releasing CB Tracy Porter, Free Up $2.3M In Cap Space http://bit.ly/1ciXQ8E 

I think this will give us about 8 Million in cap space, suspect there are going to be some additions from free agency coming soon.  time will tell.

Tarik El-Bashir @TarikCSN 8m8 minutes ago

Porter, 28, was coming off another serious shoulder injury. Missed flight to DC for start of OTAs yesterday. Move saves $2.3 mil vs. cap.

michael phillips @michaelpRTD 15m15 minutes ago

DeSean Jackson a big early test of Scot McCloughan’s authority. If he gets special rules, could undermine what the GM is trying to build.

michael phillips @michaelpRTD 9m9 minutes ago

michael phillips retweeted Denning Family

Don’t fault Jackson in any way here. Skins knew what they were getting into when they signed him.

michael phillips added,

Denning Family @fam_Denn
@michaelpRTD It's optional how is he being special? If your work had "optional work day" in the middle of your vacation time would you go?

michael phillips @michaelpRTD 8m8 minutes ago

michael phillips retweeted Justin Nicely

No. But if the GM is trying to build a ‘character team,’ letting your star play by different rules is a bad start.

michael phillips added,

Justin Nicely @Justin_Lax_6
@michaelpRTD you think he could be cut?

What's the point of a tweet like this? Was there ever a discussion that he was cut because he was not classy or smart?

I think it's just being nice. This is a rough day for the player and his family. Some kind words aren't unreasonable. I never thought Chester didn't try or half-hearted it, I just thought he was overwhelmed.  It's a necessary cut and good for the team ultimately, but you can still bid the player farewell with grace.

Thanks for 2012 and all the good work, Chris.  We beat you up in fan forums and the press, but you fought for this team with everything you had.

I  wonder if that was a fight between Jay and Scot. Jay thought he had Chester permenantly on this team by making him the backup C, Scot drafts a rookie C and says not only is he not starting quality, but we don't need to pay that much for a backup no matter how versatile he is and just let him go.

Coming off a rocky 4-12 first year, you probably don't have much of a leg to stand on as it is, and with a new GM coming in, I suspect that's a situation where you pick your battles and Chester wouldn't be one of 'em. 

I don't know that Chris underperformed. I think he maxed out. That's the biggest and best reason for the cut.

Perhaps maxed out his ability, but underperformed for his contract.  Guy was paid like a top 20 OG, which is flatly unacceptable for his playing level.

Porter was a slightly less bad version of Chester.  Guy was paid rather nicely, and perhaps if he wasn't injured he could rise above JAG status, but he definitely underperformed compared to what he was paid to do.

Archived