Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Haszard County: The official '15 OTA's/Camp Twitter thread, Duke & the Schreff, Boss Hog!

SWFLSkins

I appreciate Callahan is an OL coaching master, but would he even know that at this point?  I mean, just based on the offseason rules now, how much contact has he actually had with Long?  Probably not much, if any, because you're just not allowed to really do anything. The extent of what he knows about Long is last year's practice tape, assuming they even have that. 

With that said, I'm hoping Arie Kouandjio wins the battle for that RG spot.....dude looks like a monster....

With that said, I'm hoping Arie Kouandjio wins the battle for that RG spot.....dude looks like a monster....

Nothing about this team...other than Robert returning to form....would make me happier than seeing Long and Arie both grabbing and securing the guard spots by years end. Give me an early round center next year and a Trent a Williams extension and we would have a young, stable, solid line for the first time in ages.

You guys have had me on the floor a hundred times the last few days.

Man, we're all so much funnier when we're not at each other's throats while we're losing during the season, lol. 

Just goes to show you how nice this place would be if we could win a little more. 

Or so he tells us :)

I believe him. I have to believe that SOMEONE marries supermodels. Otherwise the world is an empty place.  ;)

I also have to believe that I'm better looking than him, that means I've got a chance.... hahaha

Ugh, I just realized that I can no longer check out ESPN NFL Nation for the Skins because Jason Reid is writing all over their wall. The guy honestly can't say anything positive. He must be the most depressed ******* in the world.

I know i just did the same thing and it is like digital throw up ver what used to be a concise and thoughtful sports news resource .... given the amount he writes do you think espn are paying by the word ?

I know i just did the same thing and it is like digital throw up ver what used to be a concise and thoughtful sports news resource .... given the amount he writes do you think espn are paying by the word ?

At least he's taking notice of what we're saying to some degree. His usual 1 - 3 paragraphs of berating RG3 and Bruce Allen was strangely absent. 

What is a "hipster"?

Best player on the team should not have to attend the 1st week of OTAs period

Disagree with this. Best player on your team ought to set the best example. That's what the great players do.

I remember a tale back from the glory days. Brian Mitchell came to Redskins Park as a rookie and saw what Art Monk was doing after practice. He got inspired and tried to follow suit figuring that this was how you became an all pro, this is what you did if you were a pro.

Now, I don't think it's a very big deal that Jackson skipped out, but the best players are the ones you want setting a tone for your team. Just a few years ago, Portis and Moss were our best players and they set the tone by skipping these practices, loafing in camp, and look at the team that we got. People followed their example. We were lazy, soft, and tried hard on Sunday, but failed at the little things and became losers. Contrast that to the message that Art Monk and Darrell Green sent to every new Redskin that came in? Is it a wonder that Gibbs I was always so much more serious and professional... even with major partiers like the Hogs and Riggo?

Sports Journey @SportsJourney 12h12 hours ago

#Redskins: New Defense More Aggressive - http://go.shr.lc/1FE1NiO  via @DiChesebrough #NFL #NFCEast #SJDC #RedskinsNation #2015NFLOffseason

Duke Ihenacho @NachoLyfe 12m12 minutes ago

Got up early ready to roll. Day 3 of OTAs...lets get it!!

michael phillips @michaelpRTD 1h1 hour ago

Morning sports radio extravaganza today. Catch me in the Man Cave in DC at 6:15, then on in RVA with Wes McElroy at 6:30.

Phillip Daniels @PhillipDaniels 6h6 hours ago

People complained about Curry having his daughter during the press conference but I guess the camera loved her. Followed her everywhere!

Paul Conner retweeted

Terrance Knighton to his #Redskins D-line. "Why aren't we hanging out more?" http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/blog/article-1/Terrance-Knighton-Began-D-Line-Bonding-Sessions/0a35171f-7f37-4848-ac10-a9a5a4d6ecc9 

Mark Bullock @MarkBullockNFL 4m4 minutes ago

Taking a fresh look at the #Redskins offense: Revisiting Week 1 against the Texans http://wpo.st/nzFJ0

CSN Redskins @CSNRedskins 7m7 minutes ago

McCloughan has been nice for months. Until Wednesday. Looking at the cuts here http://ow.ly/Nwctn  #RedskinsTalk

CGFrq3ZUgAEFAOe.jpg

This is really awesome.  I was already happy that we signed Knighton, and now he's bringing leadership to the group.  I think the O and D lines need this type of bonding to become a unit.

I had to figure out a way to filter out any Redskins twitterfeed post that included "Reid". What garbage.

Wondering how many of us are on twitter and if we could bombard @ESPN and Reid online everytime he posts something. Just be jerks about it. Keep bringing up things he said that came out so very wrong.

Why would you want to do that? I mean, I know many of us don't like his writing, but why take it to another level beyond just ignoring him?

Lake Lewis Jr retweeted

@LakeLewis @DraftDiamonds: Redskins have signed former FVSU safety Trey Wolfe - http://nfldraftdiamonds.com/redskins-have-signed-former-fvsu-safety-trey-wolfe/ 

CGCyb6iVIAA1aCU.jpg

Hours after Zimmer laid down that edict, Peterson tweeted a statement of his own that he gave to ESPN.

"The reason I'm not attending OTAs has nothing to do with wanting to be traded," he said. "It's about securing my future with the Vikings. It's business, not personal and I understand that firsthand. Go Vikings." - Fox Sports

Washington Redskins @Redskins 5m5 minutes ago

Coach Bill Callahan isn't playing games, bringing major changes to #Redskins OL MORE | http://redsk.in/1HOfnDU 

CGF2BtjVIAAR1oa.jpg

Coach looks like a midget out there

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 1m1 minute ago

Chris Russell retweeted JB10108

I agree with him but wouldn't be a surprise to me.

Chris Russell added,

JB10108 @JB10108
@Russellmania980 thoughts on schefter having skins as one of potential surprise teams?

Disagree with this. Best player on your team ought to set the best example. That's what the great players do.

I remember a tale back from the glory days. Brian Mitchell came to Redskins Park as a rookie and saw what Art Monk was doing after practice. He got inspired and tried to follow suit figuring that this was how you became an all pro, this is what you did if you were a pro.

Now, I don't think it's a very big deal that Jackson skipped out, but the best players are the ones you want setting a tone for your team. Just a few years ago, Portis and Moss were our best players and they set the tone by skipping these practices, loafing in camp, and look at the team that we got. People followed their example. We were lazy, soft, and tried hard on Sunday, but failed at the little things and became losers. Contrast that to the message that Art Monk and Darrell Green sent to every new Redskin that came in? Is it a wonder that Gibbs I was always so much more serious and professional... even with major partiers like the Hogs and Riggo?

This is the best post I have read in a year. Concur 100%

You guys have had me on the floor a hundred times the last few days.

Man, we're all so much funnier when we're not at each other's throats while we're losing during the season, lol. 

Just goes to show you how nice this place would be if we could win a little more.

Ain't that the truth! One of the greatest axioms in sports is that winning changes everything.

Why would you want to do that? I mean, I know many of us don't like his writing, but why take it to another level beyond just ignoring him?

Besides, that's the way to get Reid paid! If he generates that many hits and that much hate his bosses will give him more and more air time, page time and money.

This is the best post I have read in a year. Concur 100%

Food for thought......

Mitchell's STRONG response for critics of DeSean skipping OTAs http://www.csnwashington.com/redskinsblog/desean-jackson-otas-brian-mitchell-has-strong-response-desean-jackson-ota-critics 

On SportsTalk Live Wednesday night, Brian Mitchell set the critics straight with this EMPHATIC rebuttal. He even evokes past examples, including his experience with Darrell Green.

Archived