Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Haszard County: The official '15 OTA's/Camp Twitter thread, Duke & the Schreff, Boss Hog!

SWFLSkins

Don't 100% quote me, but if the Skins don't sign any players of substantial salary cap ramifications they likely will have 10M that can be used this year or pushed forward to next. 

I believe they have 7+M in CAP space before Chester and Porter being released, add the 6+M you get to approx. 14M in cap space.  However, they generally need to set aside 3-4M for injured reserve players and their new additions to replace them and practice squad guys.  There was an article about a week or two ago that laid out most of the money side of this before Chester and Porter's release.

Is your attention span longer than 120 characters?  If so do we have a deal for you, Bubba's Redskins Breaking News, has millions of characters in a row, established 2002.

There's some characters in here too...

I'll see myself out now

I suppose they just wanted a quick look to see how people looked in camp?  I figure that must be it considering everyone saw both cuts coming 2 months ago.

Better to cut them now instead of some fluke ACL issue comes up during warm ups and all the sudden you have to put them on IR or an Injury Settlement and your stuck with the cap hit.  You can always resign them for cheaper later.

I can't argue with it. Hopefully making room for one more vet, like Gresham that others were alluding to.

Better to have a 22 year old playing mediocre and making a rookie salary than an over 30 vet playing mediocre at millions a year.

Is your attention span longer than 120 characters?  If so do we have a deal for you, Bubba's Redskins Breaking News, has millions of characters in a row, established 2002.

How could anybody enter Haszard county and not expect a visit to Bubbas, just seems unnatural to me. 

It's a preference dig more than anything. I 1000000% believe that a ) supporting those teams during the rough patches had absolutely nothing to do with their eventual success, & b ) there are a million ways to support your team/s & not very many of them are inadequate for " true/passionate fandom."

...nevermind that Galaxy attendance rides high as well......for, you know, a non sports town with too many options.

Btw......are you trying to tell me i am an unworthy fan? I mean, i'm from LA....35 years. It would seem that you are (at least un)intentionally saying that as an Angelino, i am incapable of harboring passion for anything...seeing as i have soooo many things to do with my life besides sit here typing my defense for the LA sports fan on the interwebs of all places. You know....where you can do just about anything else.

...I lied....i'm going to go cry myself to sleep in my Prius.

I don't think I ever said anything about LA being a bad sports town, but how do you lose TWO NFL teams back to back if everything was just perfect and the owner had no financial reason to leave? The Chargers were having a playoff contending season last year and they still had blackout problems. Obviously not LA, but close.

I don't think LAs attendance numbers are as good as you report, though I'm not saying your lying, I'm saying the stats aren't really that clear. For example, St Louis Cardinals have 10% more attendance than the Dodgers in a city that's 1/10 the size (Seattle's MLS team versus the Galaxy is even worse). Now, obviously the defense for that is that LA has other things to do, but again, that's sort of my point. (There's also the secondary defense that St Louis is in the midwest and there's NOTHING else to do, but here and there, lol).

Like I said, I don't see a team lasting in LA, but I've been wrong before. It's not that I'm against LA, it's the fact that they already lost 2 teams, why try it again?

Also, you're a Redskins fan which not only sets you apart from fans in ANY area because obviously you're passionate or you wouldn't be here, but it also shows that you're smarter.  :D

If we were Cowboy fans, we'd just be trying to throw rocks through the screen at each other.

...I hate the hipster fashion trend of buttoning the top button of a shirt without a tie. It looks stupid.

Agreed.

How could anybody enter Haszard county and not expect a visit to Bubbas, just seems unnatural to me. 

The only two ES links I should really ever click on.  Hap and SWFL never disappoint.

It's scary out there, there's even scarecrows, or straw-men of some sort running around.

Would of have liked to see what we could of got out of a healthy Porter, but missing the first days of OTA's was probably the end for him.

At least he didn't get hurt so there's no injury settlement.  Who knows what would have happened if he practiced.

Rick Snider @Snide_Remarks 10m10 minutes ago

Redskins Cornerback DeAngelo Hall Ready To Return. My PressBoxDC column. http://bit.ly/1FZt2HJ 

Washington Redskins @Redskins 18m18 minutes ago

#Redskins continue #OTAs with Day 2, still showing intensity & fast-paced work. PHOTOS | http://redsk.in/1ewu6Xt 

CGB-zCpUMAAuV_u.jpg

NFL on ESPN @ESPNNFL 32m32 minutes ago Connecticut, USA

Cowboys LB Rolando McClain recovering from knee surgery and could be out until training camp. http://es.pn/1Kp0oh2 

CGB8FLjUUAA7nfF.jpg

John Keim @john_keim 2h2 hours ago Virginia, USA

Love this: I compliment a guy who has been cut. Call him classy, pro. I get: fans calling him a bum and more. Class yourselves up folks

T @TMM75 33m33 minutes ago

@john_keim Never ceases to amaze me how upset fans get when anyone speaks about a player they don't like as anything other than a commodity

Duke Ihenacho @NachoLyfe 52m52 minutes ago Ashburn, VA

Missed most of last season...but we back in action. With a new appreciation. With a new number. With… https://instagram.com/p/3MaEzYHG43/

Its a busy news day folks, BRBN has been updated again, due to the high volume we are limiting the time you can spend in this forum, in order to gain more minutes you must stop in BRBN and read an article

I'll pay good money if I just don't have to go there!  HA  :lol:

When does the ES subscription program start?

I'll pay good money if I just don't have to go there!  HA  :lol:

When does the ES subscription program start?

$25.00 per month send me a check or my paypal account

John Keim @john_keim 58m58 minutes ago Virginia, USA

Two segments with my guys @thomloverro and @kevins980? Good stuff. Always a smart show.

Zack Moore @ZackMooreNFL 1m1 minute ago

I like 2 give people w/COEXIST bumper stickers the finger, just to let them know that not everyone wants to COEXIST. #LifeLessons #NoOffense

Archived