Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Haszard County: The official '15 OTA's/Camp Twitter thread, Duke & the Schreff, Boss Hog!

SWFLSkins

Passion is horribly misplaced in blindly paying for a faulty product because "I AM FAN GWARRRR!!!

What if i told you, you can still root for a team intensely, & just as, if not more passionately than anyone else with the benefit of TV, bars, & the old smart phone....all without giving your ****ty F/O anymore of your hard-earned coin?

JP Finlay @JPFinlayCSN 4m4 minutes ago

Seriously Pot Roast is a big dude

CF8rCEjWAAAIt5y.jpg

michael phillips @michaelpRTD 1m1 minute ago

Kory Lichtensteiger on new o-line coach Bill Callahan's intensity: "We'll definitely get better....if we don't die first."

JP Finlay @JPFinlayCSN 36s36 seconds ago

Interesting stuff from Kory Lichtensteiger. Said Callahan is very thorough, very intense but KL said not to expect big change to offense

ESPN 980 @ESPNRadio980 2m2 minutes ago

Asked Jason Hatcher about more attack scheme focus of DL....He said when describing philosophy "You said it attack." #Redskins

Washington Redskins @Redskins 43s43 seconds ago

WATCH LIVE: #Redskins head coach Jay Gruden speaks to reporters after today's OTA practice: http://redsk.in/1KxGCTI 

CF8pfknW0AAv2j-.jpg

I'm not really all that bad.

oh??????????

Jeff Darlington @JeffDarlington 4m4 minutes ago

Bill Callahan still going with his young guys, including 1st-rd pick Brandon Scherff. Callahan such a key addition.

CF8tkEIUsAAs7TV.jpg

Diane Chesebrough @DiChesebrough 12s13 seconds ago

Gruden on what he's learned: has a better idea in this new season about how to get the most out of his players #Redskins @SportsJourney

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo 16s17 seconds ago

Gruden says "he's doing fine" speaking on Griffin. Today was first day of on-field work vs defenders. Time will tell.

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo 1m1 minute ago

DHall says plan is for him to be ready by training camp. Feeling good but knows he needs to be patient.

Diane Roberts @DianesTalking 6s6 seconds ago Ashburn, VA

He does a lot on his own to be ready and in good condition. Jay Gruden on @RGIII #Redskins @wusa9

Rob Carlin @RobCarlinCSN 35s35 seconds ago

Jay Gruden's 1st press conference.. 3 straight questions about RG3.. #Redskins camp - never change! #RedskinsTalk

Around The NFL @AroundTheNFL 53s53 seconds ago

Jay Gruden on Griffin's progress at #Redskins OTAs: 'Today was the first day ... he's doing fine. ... Robert's got a great work ethic.'

2. Drills ended 15 minutes ago. Bill Callahan's still working with rookie offensive linemen. https://vine.co/v/ebmbBOLel0i 

Washington Redskins @Redskins 3m3 minutes ago

Gruden on QB @RGIII at first OTA practice: "He's doing fine." Said practices vs. defense will help in Griffin III's consistency.

Diane Chesebrough @DiChesebrough 9s10 seconds ago

Gruden said DHall coming along very fast. "He's at a stage in his career where he knows how important the rehab is" #Redskins @SportsJourney

ESPN 980 @ESPNRadio980 46s46 seconds ago

Trent Williams missed his flight. .DJAX out this week, no reason given, Jordan Reed has a knee issue getting checked out. #Redskins

.@RyanKerrigan91 will be fine, @TMurphy_93 flight out of Houston cancelled, @DeSeanJackson11 will miss this week. ~Gruden on injured @wusa9

Zac Boyer @ZacBoyer 1m1 minute ago Ashburn, VA

DeSean Jackson is not planning on being here this week. Will be in town next week, Gruden said.

Rob Carlin @RobCarlinCSN 2m2 minutes ago

Gruden said DJax will be back at #Redskins prax next week.. #RedskinsTalk

George Wallace @GWallaceWTOP 3m3 minutes ago

Kerrigan will be ready soon. Trent Williams flight canceled out of Houston, J Reed had knee soreness and D Jackson missing this week.

Around The NFL @AroundTheNFL 3m3 minutes ago

Jay Gruden says TE Jordan Reed experienced soreness in his knee. He'll get it checked out.

John Keim @john_keim 3m3 minutes ago Ashburn, VA

Trent Williams could not get out of Houston. And jordan reed is getting his knee checked out. Some soreness.

JP Finlay @JPFinlayCSN 4m4 minutes ago

Gruden says Jordan Reed not here due to soreness in the knee. Sounds familiar

Brian McNally @bmcnally14 5m5 minutes ago

Meanwhile, Trent Williams' flight from Houston last night was canceled cause of the weather in Texas. Why he's not at OTAs

Zac Boyer @ZacBoyer 7s8 seconds ago Ashburn, VA

Gruden said Griffin is "a confident guy" and didn't detect any kind of hit to his psyche last year. Trying to now get players around him.

Diane Chesebrough @DiChesebrough 33s34 seconds ago

Per Gruden, Trent Williams not here due to missed flight. Same with Tracy Porter. Jordan Reed dealing w/soreness #Redskins @SportsJourney

John Keim @john_keim 2m2 minutes ago Ashburn, VA

Fwiw: Morgan Moses said the team has not talked to him about playing guard.

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo 2m2 minutes ago

Gruden happy with the tempo of practice but annoyed with all the pre-snap penalties. Says maybe excitement was to blame.

Tarik El-Bashir @TarikCSN 3m3 minutes ago

Gruden acknowledged that the faster pace of today's OTA was by design. Wanted to squeeze in as many reps as possible.

George Wallace @GWallaceWTOP 3m3 minutes ago

Gruden: "Pleased with energy and tempo." #Redskins

Zac Boyer @ZacBoyer 4m4 minutes ago Ashburn, VA

Gruden said team is trying to push the tempo in practice. They haven't gone no-huddle yet but will work that in soon.

michael phillips @michaelpRTD 4m4 minutes ago

Jay Gruden says he's not naming a second-team QB. Will split the reps and make a call before the opener.

John Keim @john_keim 6m6 minutes ago Ashburn, VA

Tracy porter also missed his flight or a connecting flight per jay Gruden. So porter not here either

Around The NFL @AroundTheNFL 6m6 minutes ago

Jay Gruden: No decision on #Redskins' No. 2 QB right now. Colt McCoy and Kirk Cousins sharing snaps behind Griffin.

Tarik El-Bashir @TarikCSN 6m6 minutes ago

CB Tracy Porter also missed his flight, Gruden said. "Lots of flight issues last night," JG cracked.

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo 6s6 seconds ago

Gruden says Matt Jones has more versatility than they expected when they drafted him. Today he served as third down back.

Skinsweekly retweeted

Jim Ross: "We've had some great d-linemen at Oklahoma, but I don't know if we've had anyone better on the O-line than Trent Williams"

Brian McNally @bmcnally14 1m1 minute ago

Jay Gruden says Duke Ihenacho will be in mix for starting SS job. Jeron Johnson thought to be favorite. Ihenacho got 1st team reps today

Rob Carlin @RobCarlinCSN 2m2 minutes ago

Gruden says Matt Jones has "a lot of ability.. Much more versatility than we thought".. #Redskins might have a good one.. #RedskinsTalk

JP Finlay @JPFinlayCSN 2m2 minutes ago

Gruden says "safety spot looks a lot brighter than it did 11 months ago." That could make huge difference for #redskins defense

NFL @NFL_Links May 25

Top 100: Trent Williams: Redskins left tackle Trent Williams is voted the 60th-best player in the NFL by his p... http://ynlink.tk/4Fm6 

Gruden says DL Terrance "Pot Roast" Knighton has great hands and a great first step, especially for a big man up front.

michael phillips @michaelpRTD 4m4 minutes ago

Redskins coach Jay Gruden said at safety they've gone from "struggling to it being a strong spot." That's offseason optimism at its finest.

2. Gruden: our safety spot looks much brighter than a year ago

0 retweets 0 favorites

John Keim @john_keim 6m6 minutes ago Ashburn, VA

Jay Gruden says Terrance Knighton has rare quickness for a guy his size. (He's big. Real big)

ESPN 980 @ESPNRadio980 2m2 minutes ago

New SS Jerron Johnson was the individual that stood out most to me in one practice. Had a nice INT & a really well timed pass break up

Tarik El-Bashir @TarikCSN 2m2 minutes ago

Gruden said Trevardo W. has a good shot to grab a spot alongside the other OLBs Kerrigan, Preston Smith and Murphy.

Gruden said #Redskins will "study" the two-point conversion much more now with new extra-point rules -- both defending and attempting them.

JP Finlay @JPFinlayCSN 5m5 minutes ago

Gruden: "Our special teams the last couple years have not been very good." **entire DMV nods head**

Tarik El-Bashir @TarikCSN 5m5 minutes ago

Gruden said he likes what he's seen from Trevardo Williams, who was out there opposite Trent Murphy today with Ryan Kerrigan out.

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo 5m5 minutes ago

Duke Ihenacho lined up with Dashon Goldson as the other starting safety today. Gruden says he's in mix (with Jeron Johnson) for starting SS.

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 6m6 minutes ago

Gruden won't commit to Duke Ihenacho at starting SS but feels they are a LOT better overall at safety position. #REDSKINS

Rob Carlin @RobCarlinCSN 7m7 minutes ago

Gruden pointed out obvious - #Redskins safeties are much improved over last year.. Lot of new guys.. #RedskinsTalk

Redskins OTA's @Chris_Worthy_ 51s52 seconds ago

Best #Redskins question of the presser: Advice Jay Gruden can give to new father RG3 on the birth of his daughter? "Sleep in the other room"

Diane Roberts @DianesTalking 31s32 seconds ago Ashburn, VA

Sleep in the other room! Gruden advice for new Dad @RGIII Crying baby no excuse for falling asleep in meeting @wusa9

CF8y8KFWYAAT1XV.jpg

Zac Boyer @ZacBoyer 2m2 minutes ago Ashburn, VA

Gruden said the depth at corner is "outstanding" following offseason acquisitions. Praised Culliver's bump-and-run ability.

Rob Carlin @RobCarlinCSN 3m3 minutes ago

Gruden did says he's a little disappointed in RG3: "I didn't get a cigar yet!".. #RedskinsTalk

Tarik El-Bashir @TarikCSN 4m4 minutes ago

Gruden joked that RG3 needs his rest. Cracked that he use the baby as an excuse for falling asleep in meetings.

Rob Carlin @RobCarlinCSN 14s15 seconds ago

RG3 walks up in shirt that says "Stronger Together".. Makes crack that it's a team saying, not his.. One controversy avoided! #RedskinsTalk

Tarik El-Bashir @TarikCSN 18s19 seconds ago

RG3 talking now. Wearing a "Stronger together" t-shirt. Joked that it's a team motto, not one of his.

Diane Chesebrough @DiChesebrough 1m1 minute ago

#Redskins special teams was bad in 2014. Even w/new PAT & 2pt. convs, emphasis on core players drafted was to improve unit @SportsJourney

Rob Carlin @RobCarlinCSN 7s8 seconds ago

Robert said the birth of his daughter "can bring a grown man to tears".. I TOTALLY get that! #RedskinsTalk

CF80jyuVAAEhYUY.jpg

Griffin dropped a bombshell: Alfred Morris had a son this offseason.

1. @ZacBoyer When? Did he say?

Zac Boyer @ZacBoyer 3m3 minutes ago Ashburn, VA

Griffin said after three years of turmoil in offseason, he's hoping that they can move forward now and improve.

Tarik El-Bashir @TarikCSN 3m3 minutes ago

RG3 on his offeseason to this point: "I worked on everything." Noted that coming back to the same system and coaches is key.

Diane Roberts @DianesTalking 3m3 minutes ago Ashburn, VA

#ReeceAnn. First thing from @RGIII about new baby daughter. "Looking at her is like looking in the mirror."

CF80P-1UUAAI40A.jpg

Zac Boyer @ZacBoyer 4m4 minutes ago Ashburn, VA

Well, not Morris himself, but ... you know.

Rob Carlin @RobCarlinCSN 5m5 minutes ago

Robert was happy that he was named #Redskins starter.. "Jay felt I was the best option he had".. #RedskinsTalk

Tarik El-Bashir @TarikCSN 6m6 minutes ago

Griffin just said Alfred Morris recently had a son.

George Wallace @GWallaceWTOP 7m7 minutes ago

Griffin : "for me you have to focus on what you can control. We want to make sure we improve on everything."

CF8z-k8UsAACy8o.jpg

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo 7m7 minutes ago

After constant changes (learning league, injury, new coach) the last three offseason, Griffin says he's glad to have continuity this year.

Brian McNally @bmcnally14 7m7 minutes ago

Robert Griffin: "For me you've got to focus on what you can control. Apparently Jay felt like I was the best option he had at quarterback"

Diane Roberts @DianesTalking 8m8 minutes ago Ashburn, VA

Couple crazy years... Nice to have consistency now. @RGIII about coaching changes and injuries. @wusa9

CF8z4dZUIAA1F1X.jpg

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 9m9 minutes ago

David Amerson worked a lot today with 1's with DHall out ..Got torched on one long ball by Rashad Ross. #Redskins

Washington Redskins @Redskins 10m10 minutes ago

.@RGIII on first OTA practice: "I think the words of the day from Coach Jay [Gruden] were 'Get better.'" Said that goal was accomplished.

Tarik El-Bashir @TarikCSN 13s14 seconds ago

RG3 much looser at the podium than he's been in a (long) while. Cracking jokes. Making funny clarifications, etc. Almost like 2012 version.

Robert Griffin III is being very careful to make sure that he explains certain buzz words or phrases so they don't get twisted in media

RGIII on difference between 2012 & following 2 years: "Those years are past. We're just looking… https://instagram.com/p/3J44j5hfa5/

CSN Redskins @CSNRedskins 3m3 minutes ago

#RG3 on if he's now a drop-back passer: 'I don't really listen to that stuff... You have to be true to yourself.' #RedskinsTalk

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 3m3 minutes ago

Robert Griffin III says his "Stronger Together" shirt is not one of HIS slogans. ..it is a team thing. The "O" has a #Redskins logo.

Tom Schad @Tom_Schad 5m5 minutes ago

RG3 on his perceived rededication to film: "I've always been dedicated to film study. I just hadn't been asked about it."

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 6m6 minutes ago

Robert Griffin III says he has always been dedicated to film study...says his work this off-season wasn't very different. #Redskins

Redskins OTA's @Chris_Worthy_ 8m8 minutes ago

I like how Rob said he is looking for the winning mindset from 2012 and not saying the offense will be from 2012

Bashaud Breeland @Salute_me17 8m8 minutes ago

Now thats how we practice practice!!!!!! #weondateverymomentgrind #goingofftoNasa 1f680.png1f680.png1f680.png

Around The NFL @AroundTheNFL 2m2 minutes ago

Breaking: RG3 calls @JeffDarlington a “great writer” during a press conference.

Zac Boyer @ZacBoyer 3m3 minutes ago Ashburn, VA

Griffin: "Let's get back to having fun and winning football games." Said he knows that he and the team haven't played up to their standards.

ESPN 980 @ESPNRadio980 3m3 minutes ago

Robert Griffin III " We haven't been up to par..I haven't been up to par (to his standard)." #Redskins

Diane Roberts @DianesTalking 5m5 minutes ago Ashburn, VA

"Fun to be around the guys and make this group of 90 guys a team." @RGIII's on OTAs @wusa9 #burgundyandgold

CF82JLxWYAAU8vl.jpg

Robert Griffin III spoke to the media after today's OTA#Redskins #RedskinsNation #NFL #NFCEast #SJDChttps://instagram.com/p/3J5cFbhfbu/

Justin Byram @Justin_Byram 35s35 seconds ago

Mildly surprised Ihenacho is lining up at SS, but my money is still on Johnson starting game one. Not good news for P. Thomas

Redskins o-line coach Bill Callahan has his guys working hard well after practice ends. Waiting for some pukers. Toughening em up real nice!

Bad sign to see the always injury prone Jordan Reed already having potential issues.

Especially since TE was one of the positions that the SM didn't really address during the offseason.He may not be cut

Some guys just stay hurt all the time and he seems like one of those kind of guys. It's always something with that dude.

SkinsQB RG3 says QB coach matt Cavanaugh has helped sharpen his focus.

michael phillips @michaelpRTD 15s15 seconds ago

Let’s do some #Redskins OTA observations: No Tracy Porter, Trent Williams or DeSean Jackson due to “missed flights."

michael phillips @michaelpRTD 15s15 seconds ago

#Redskins TE Jordan Reed out with a knee injury. Gruden downplayed it as no big deal, but given Reed’s injury history, not ideal.

michael phillips @michaelpRTD 48s48 seconds ago

One moderate depth chart surprise: Duke Ihenacho getting the safety reps over Jeron Johnson. Obviously a fluid situation.

michael phillips @michaelpRTD 26s26 seconds ago

RB snaps went in this order: Alfred Morris, Chris Thompson, Silas Redd, Matt Jones. Nothing will be handed to the rookie.

There weren’t any o-line vs. d-line drills, which is a shame. They’ll probably happen behind closed doors tomorrow.

Washington Redskins @Redskins 34s34 seconds ago

Helmets are on! #Redskins take the field for start of Phase 3 Workouts. #OTAs PHOTOS | http://redsk.in/1AwgUM4 

CF88SFzVAAErxSI.jpg

There’s a new QB coach, but most of the dialogue on the field was still between Jay Gruden and RGIII. That’s the key relationship.

Bad sign to see the always injury prone Jordan Reed already having potential issues.

Especially since TE was one of the positions that the SM didn't really address during the offseason.   

Since its the offseason, I'll just pose the question. What about the possibility of Jones at H-Back or TE? I'm thinking about a Chris Cooley type role when Gibbs first got here and he was more of a hybrid TE....

Archived