Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Josh Duggar admits to "making mistakes" as a teen sexual molester

LadySkinsFan

I'm curious as to why TLC didn't pull it a long time ago if they knew about it.

Probably for the same reason Joshua was allowed to be a figurehead for a lot of the GOP candidates and policies (like protecting marriage :P). Someone in power had to know and someone in power probably thought it would never see daylight.

I suspect they didn't feel like the FOIA would allow access to that police report. 

Innocent question for some of our lawyers:

Is destroying official records something that is done regularly?

Can any rape (or other crime) victim have the record of the crime destroyed, and what is needed in order to get such a request granted?

If the records are destroyed, can the defendant then claim innocence, and demand that any and all record of their involvement in this now non-existent crime also be destroyed?

as to this case,, it sure makes the stench stronger.

~Bang

I'm not following this at all (i mean not at ALL, o don;t really know who any of these guys are, other than there is a big ass family), but isn't that something that fairly regularly happens to records of offenses by juveniles, after they become adults?

if we believe that there is a difference in culpability for juveniles, versus adults, this protects the individual from "adverse affects" (not sure how to phrase that?)  as an adult, from crimes committed as a youth.    right?

Probably for the same reason Joshua was allowed to be a figurehead for a lot of the GOP candidates and policies (like protecting marriage :P). Someone in power had to know and someone in power probably thought it would never see daylight.

I suspect they didn't feel like the FOIA would allow access to that police report. 

You would think so, but Oprah's folks found out in 2006. Somebody had to know it would come out.

You would think so, but Oprah's folks found out in 2006. Somebody had to know it would come out.

Yeah, I found this on TMZ. 

In 2006, the family was scheduled to appear on "Oprah," and before the show someone sent an email to Harpo warning that Josh had molested girls. Harpo forwarded the email to a hotline (child abuse hotline), which triggered a police investigation.

Cops wanted to question Josh, but Jim Bob lawyered him up and Josh declined the invitation.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/05/21/josh-duggar-sex-scandal-sexually-molested-minor-girls-sisters-19-kids-and-counting-tlc/#ixzz3bGLXl9a4

How the heck it took 9 years to become a story, I don't know. 

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/05/21/josh-duggar-sex-scandal-sexually-molested-minor-girls-sisters-19-kids-and-counting-tlc/#ixzz3bGLXl9a4

For the most part, they live in a bubble where they only work with people that already agree to them, and lobby for things to people that are already on board. As far as TLC. They still made the network money. So, sitting back and hoping it didn't come out...made sense. As long as all their interviews were on Friend & Friends or the 700 Club or whatever. They were safe. Now they are radioactive. 

I'm not following this at all (i mean not at ALL, o don;t really know who any of these guys are, other than there is a big ass family), but isn't that something that fairly regularly happens to records of offenses by juveniles, after they become adults?

if we believe that there is a difference in culpability for juveniles, versus adults, this protects the individual from "adverse affects" (not sure how to phrase that?)  as an adult, from crimes committed as a youth.    right?

yes records are sealed or even expunged.

anyone else and the libs here would be saying it was just a youthful indiscretion, and bemoaning mandatory sentencing and such. :P

pretty sure we had a thread on it back then as well.

That is some creepy ****. But is that what we're saying now? The kid raped his younger sisters? Ugh. I thought we were talking about inappropriate touching and stuff.

Jim Bob on the other hand. That guy is hardcore except when it comes to his own.

Apparently he was copping feels when they were asleep. I don't think he ever initiated anything else..but either way that some serious sick ****ed up stuff to be doing to your younger sisters and their friends (especially when you are old enough to know better like he was).

Apparently he was copping feels when they were asleep. I don't think he ever initiated anything else..but either way that some serious sick ****ed up stuff to be doing to your younger sisters and their friends (especially when you are old enough to know better like he was).

Ok. that is what I thought. But when the Jim Bob rape thing was posted, I was thrown off.

Still awful. Just wondering.

Anyone still defending the parents?

I think America is tired of these do gooder hypocrites. Gives Christianity a bad name

It's always those who squawk the loudest and point the finger the most. ALWAYS.

Archived